Author Topic: 1967 fastback 485  (Read 145849 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Stangman1

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 35
    • View Profile
Re: 1967 fastback 485
« Reply #150 on: August 08, 2026, 07:21:24 PM »
So planning on going to a track rental at Lebanon valley this Friday. I usually like to get out once before the reunion to make sure every things ok. Haven’t driven it much this year only a few times back and forth to work. So the only reason why I’m posting this here is I finally got my tranny done at Broader and I’m hoping and praying this is my 60 ft problem that I’ve been complaining about. I did also put a set of the BBM B heads on the motor so I’m thinking maybe another 30 HP. Well we will see.

6667fan

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 856
  • Every Second Counts
    • View Profile
Re: 1967 fastback 485
« Reply #151 on: August 11, 2026, 07:16:28 AM »
Joe, what is the “radial prep”? Says no street tires allowed. Just wanted to make sure your slicks would play nice with that prep.
Or are you running drag radials?
JB


67 Fairlane 500
482 cid 700/617
TFS Tunnel Wedge, BP BBM Heads,  Bullet Custom Solid Roller, Ram adjustable clutch, Jerico 4-spd, Strange third member with Detroit Locker, 35 spline axles, 4.86
10.55@125.74 1.46 60’

Stangman1

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 35
    • View Profile
Re: 1967 fastback 485
« Reply #152 on: August 11, 2026, 10:30:09 AM »
I run drag radials. They will be prepping one lane for drag radials and one for slicks. I did buy a set of slicks but don’t have rims for them yet. My wife is having another surgery on Monday and yesterday the doctor called and said be ready if I call you Wednesday night for Thursday. So you don’t have to register till Thursday. I don’t think they are going to call her early though they said it’s a long shot. I have a buddy bringing a car also so it will be good to have someone else around.

6667fan

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 856
  • Every Second Counts
    • View Profile
Re: 1967 fastback 485
« Reply #153 on: August 11, 2026, 12:39:37 PM »
Joe, send me your contact info please so if I get on site I can look you up

Put it here or

jwysocki@charter.net
JB


67 Fairlane 500
482 cid 700/617
TFS Tunnel Wedge, BP BBM Heads,  Bullet Custom Solid Roller, Ram adjustable clutch, Jerico 4-spd, Strange third member with Detroit Locker, 35 spline axles, 4.86
10.55@125.74 1.46 60’

Stangman1

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 35
    • View Profile
Re: 1967 fastback 485
« Reply #154 on: September 13, 2026, 10:41:13 AM »
So I just got back from the FE reunion last night but let me back up to last weekend when I went to my local track. Still having my problem with my 60ft times which I will talk about later but ran a couple of 7.01s but broke the 100 mile an hour mark even with a 1.64 60 ft time. Only made two passes because I was throwing the alternator belt because of a pulley problem I was having which I fixed before the reunion. I believe the top end charge is because of my new heads that I installed.

So made it up to the reunion and was really expecting a 10.65 or 10.70 but first pass I ran a 11.26 which to say was a bummer would be an understament. Now it was muggy and when I got up there my car was at 190 and the fans came on while I was at the line and the tree was coming down and when my fans come on it’s an initial 80 amp draw (2 fans coming on at once). So next pass I left everything alone and just got up there at 170 and ran an 11.19. Obviously still not passable in my book. So even though I timed it a few weeks ago I was just looking to cover all my basses. I set my initial at 26 and have 8 in distributor. So I check and I have 22 and it seemed like it was really advancing when I revved it up but for the time being I put it at 26 and made a pass and ran 11.00 flat. So at that time being my eyes haven’t been the best lately I had someone watch timing light and dizzy only had 4 degrees in it. Everything seemed to be moving inside so for time being I put it up 4 degrees to get me to 34 total. Made another pass and ran a 10.88. That is a new PB for me that was with a 1.59 60 ft time and the last 2 passes I was foot raking it at like 2200 but that’s all I could get because I could stop car from moving. My buddy jerry had a cellphone rollbar holder and me and Noelle set it up pointing to tach and footbraking it at 2200 and taking off it was only flashing to 3200 and it’s a ATI 42-4400 stall converter. A lot of people know I’ve been chasing this 60 ft problem for a couple of years. I didn’t want to be wrenching and aggravating myself all weekend so I left it were it was and just tried to have fun. Friday I made it to the semis in the gamblers race and Saturday I made it to the semis in Hot FE. Both times I had the fans come on while I was at the line so I have some issues but had a great time with my daughter and Harry came up this year and is always a good sounding board even though everytime he says something he finishes with but what do I know. Dad didn’t go because my moms not doing well but got to see everyone again the year. Steve and Ed who over the years are practically family to us are always a blast to hang with. I don’t was to forget Richie D and Andy and thank you Karen for feeding us she’s like a cooking machine. So will be looking into converter and dizzy which when right will probably get me to my 10.50 to 10.60 range which is were I think I should be. And it’s not like I want to get every last drop out of the car but with everything working properly I think it would be easier on motor and all related parts. Sorry for the length of this post but a lot happened in a short three days.

6667fan

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 856
  • Every Second Counts
    • View Profile
Re: 1967 fastback 485
« Reply #155 on: September 13, 2026, 09:26:08 PM »
Alright, Alright, Alright!
Congrats on getting into 10s
33* total might be all you need with those heads.
JB


67 Fairlane 500
482 cid 700/617
TFS Tunnel Wedge, BP BBM Heads,  Bullet Custom Solid Roller, Ram adjustable clutch, Jerico 4-spd, Strange third member with Detroit Locker, 35 spline axles, 4.86
10.55@125.74 1.46 60’

cjshaker

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4595
    • View Profile
Re: 1967 fastback 485
« Reply #156 on: September 13, 2026, 10:15:55 PM »
Joe, timing problems aside, how was the air there? The humidity here has been kind of bad, and Beaver Springs usually isn't much better from the times I've been there. And don't forget that that track is all uphill. Don't guys usually run 1-2 tenths slower there? Maybe it wasn't as bad as you think? Congrats on a PB.
Doug Smith


'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

Stangman1

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 35
    • View Profile
Re: 1967 fastback 485
« Reply #157 on: September 13, 2026, 10:37:53 PM »
It was muggy Saturday. Cool in morning but by race time my car was slowing down. I’m just glad we had a good time and didn’t brake anything. But I think there’s some time in the right converter. When I put new motor in I had a 3-3200 stall converter and ordered a 4200 converter for new camshaft. When it was still a dog off the line I assumed it was the tranny and got it done. It never occurred to me the converter would be bad. And my dizzy being off a little. Well I guess ya never know.

Stangman1

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 35
    • View Profile
Re: 1967 fastback 485
« Reply #158 on: September 19, 2026, 10:21:13 PM »
So I went to the track again today. I went to the track we have here on the island. I don’t know why but every time I go here I blow the tires off first pass. Even if I do an extended burnout. So this was a bracket race called nastolgia drags and I was feeling good because car was fairly consistent at the Beaver. So they were running late so we only got one time trial which didn’t help me because I spun at the line. So not knowing what to dial in I just dialed what I ran here 3 weeks ago (7.00). So right before we went up to the lanes almost at the same time me and my dad said we need the other guy to relight or something so I can get a baseline run. So we go up and I’m running someone with the same dial in as me. We both set the bottom bulb and I see something fly into the middle of the two lanes it was his alternator belt. The starter guy tells me to back up and shut car so I do. So I got exactly what I needed a free pass (God is good). Not 10 seconds later he tells me to come up and I take off and car is surging and bucking and I look down and I didn’t turn my fuel pump back on. Free pass ruined. So know I still don’t know what to dial so I dialed a 7.10 thinking if I get ahead I could let off. But you also don’t want to give away time either. So I go up to the line and get paired with one of the best guys at the track that races every weekend somewhere. When I saw he dialed a 6.05 I lowered my dial back to 7.00. I couldn’t give him a tenth he was to good. So we go up and I finally got traction but for some reason it didn’t run clean in first had a little sputter but still moving along. I am getting close to the end of the track and he’s coming on strong and I’m still on it but lifting very slightly. We both crossed the line close but I beat him but I ran a 6.97.
It was a very aggravating day. So I could have went into TNT but I figured racing three weeks in a row was good enough. So it was 2 grand to win and before I got there I felt good about my chances but that’s racing. Had a good time with dad though.

6667fan

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 856
  • Every Second Counts
    • View Profile
Re: 1967 fastback 485
« Reply #159 on: September 30, 2026, 05:09:42 PM »
Still got to drive her up onto trailer Joe. 👍🏻
JB


67 Fairlane 500
482 cid 700/617
TFS Tunnel Wedge, BP BBM Heads,  Bullet Custom Solid Roller, Ram adjustable clutch, Jerico 4-spd, Strange third member with Detroit Locker, 35 spline axles, 4.86
10.55@125.74 1.46 60’

Stangman1

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 35
    • View Profile
Re: 1967 fastback 485
« Reply #160 on: October 01, 2026, 11:16:55 PM »
Yeah it could have been a lot worse. Just pulled the trigger on split mono leafs. Maybe that will give me some extra traction.

6667fan

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 856
  • Every Second Counts
    • View Profile
Re: 1967 fastback 485
« Reply #161 on: October 02, 2026, 08:45:38 AM »
That system is proven and you also should drop a few lbs.with it. It will be more clunky back there.
I notice the whole car rises up at launch. So you are getting some “plant” out back. What front shocks are you running?
JB


67 Fairlane 500
482 cid 700/617
TFS Tunnel Wedge, BP BBM Heads,  Bullet Custom Solid Roller, Ram adjustable clutch, Jerico 4-spd, Strange third member with Detroit Locker, 35 spline axles, 4.86
10.55@125.74 1.46 60’

Stangman1

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 35
    • View Profile
Re: 1967 fastback 485
« Reply #162 on: October 02, 2026, 10:29:06 PM »
The Calvert 90/10s. Stock suspension no sway bar. I mean it’s what a lot of guys run so it’s aggravating when it doesn’t hook. I get traction at beaver and my bosses track. I know this track isn’t the greatest but there’s plenty of guys there that hook.