Author Topic: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!  (Read 225386 times)

N2950H

• View Profile
Re: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
« Reply #315 on: June 09, 2018, 09:33:40 AM »
Hey guys, I joined a few months ago but never actually introduced myself.  My name is Chris and I hail from the PNW.  The only FE powered vehicle I own is a 63 Galaxie boxtop which I just picked up a few months back from the 2nd owner.  It's almost completely original but will soon have some of Blair Patrick's 520ci goodness under the hood.

I've always been a Ford guy but never really owned anything other than fox body mustangs or later model Cobras.  This seems like a great place to hang out and I'm learning a lot from you guys.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 09:35:54 AM by N2950H »

BruceS

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 10, 2018, 08:28:18 AM »
Nice Boxtop!  Looks just right.  I've also got a BP 482 I'm in the process of putting in my 63 Fastback.  What are your plans for the tranny? 
66 Fairlane 500, 347-4V SB stroker, C4
63 Galaxie 500 fastback, 482 SO 4V, Cruise-O-Matic

N2950H

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 10, 2018, 11:38:37 AM »
Thanks, Bruce.  I'm thinking a Dynamic C6 is what I'll go with, but I have some time yet to decide.

C8OZ

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 26, 2018, 04:40:17 PM »
I'm running late with the introduction, but I can already see what a helpful group this is. Shannon from Alabama here, where a "full eighth" is a long track.

I'm finally getting around to my long-neglected first Ford, a '68 Torino GT convertible. I've always considered it a boring late-model, so earlier Fairlanes and Galaxies got all the attention.
It's currently down to the shell and ready for some floor pan work and soul searching about rear tire size. Ford solved the problem of clearance for stowing the convertible top by literally (and unceremoniously) crushing the original tubs, leaving a wrinkled mess with padding glued on top.

67428GT500

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 13, 2018, 01:48:48 PM »
Hello all, I'm Keith.
I'm new here but not to vehicles. I have had my 1967 Shelby since I was in high school. I recently finished the restoration. Some of the others from the FE Forum suggested joining here, as it was more proactive to addressing questions and being kept abreast of product availability and tricks for our beleaguered FE.

Much of the work on my engines was done by Reath Automotive in Long Beach/Signal Hill, Ca. I have been based out of DFW for some time. I miss the car culture and the weather of So Ca, but not the rest of the mess there.

With that said, here are a few pictures of said vehicle.
                                                                                      -Keith

« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 02:31:02 AM by 67428GT500 »

447 Stroker

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 30, 2019, 10:30:34 AM »
Hello,

My name is Zach. I'm from South Carolina. I'm 35 and very inexperienced. I've had a decent number of "old" cars but have not built one.

My project is a 1964 Galaxie rust bucket. It's a good 50 footer.

Just got the block back from the machine shop. Short block assembled thus far. Survival Stroker kit. Edelbrock stage II heads from Keith Craft to arrive later this week hopefully. I've learned a lot from the site thus far.

I've rebuilt the rear end. 3.70 gears. Changed springs to +1/stiff. Wish I would have went +2. Now working on the engine bay for the car itself.

mikeh

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 04, 2020, 03:44:05 PM »
Hello FE Power
Just joined I have been an FE fan for 40 years Owned quite a few CJs in the past and a few 390's glad to see the resurgence in the FE's. I currently race a fox mustang 347 at maple grove in the Sunoco money trail bracket racing in pro eliminator every year. Thanks for accepting me in this forum

475fetoploader

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 19, 2020, 01:25:05 AM »
Greetings!    I am Brady, I fell in love with F.E.'s when I was a kid.  My dad raced a 64 fairlane in the 70's.  I currently am building a 428 stroker for my 67 Fairlane. This forum will be a great addition to the tool box.  Much wisdom seems present here.
1967  Fairlane Tunnel Wedge on Proports.
1975 4x4 461 f.e. 4speed Dual Quads on 38’s
Love many, Trust few. Always paddle your own canoe.

jspindle

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 10, 2020, 05:25:51 AM »
Hello Everyone,
I registered a few days ago and wanted to say hello to everyone. I have already got some good advise on my engine. Thanks again Brent, Jay and others.

Keith Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 28, 2020, 02:58:28 AM »
I'm not introducing my member!  :D
I should need no introduction. My name proceeds me! It's my handle.  I am a long time Mustang/Shelby guy who has been bitten by the expensive element known as FE.  More of a dinosaur that became all but extinct but now has been revived by the aftermarket finally getting on the ball.

1966lanetp

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 05, 2020, 06:19:25 PM »
My name is Randy, I’ve posted a few times and thought I should introduce myself. I’m new to the fe world but not hot rods. I’ve had a lifelong love affair with anything with an engine! It started with my first car ‘68 Camaro I bought in 1970. I modified almost everything on that car until it was one of the fastest in my little town. At least my second car was a Ford! ‘71 Mach 1, 351 4v. Since then I’ve had and modified muscle cars, drag cars, dirt cars, mud trucks, sports cars, road race car, and offshore boats. If you’d like to see my latest build google Bionic Bronco. Back to fe’s although I’ve had a couple Ford pick ups with 352 and 390 I didn’t know much about them. I’ve always wanted a ‘66 Fairlane and bought one at Mecum last year. So now I’m here to learn about Ford fe! Oh yeah, Brent is building me a side Oiler tunnel port, somewhere around 600 + hp, so I guess I’ll have to change out most all the drive train on the Fairlane! I need plenty of advice.
Thanks Randy

475fetoploader

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 05, 2020, 10:12:53 PM »
Welcome Randy!

Skeeter65

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 18, 2021, 09:26:05 PM »
Not sure if anyone is still looking at this thread as it appears the last post was 2011. Anyway, I’m new here and new to FE’s but not to Ford Motors, just more familiar with small blocks, 5 liters and a 4.6 at one point. So I’ve been surfing this site off and on for a while looking to learn more about the FE. I’ve got a ‘67 Mustang Coupe that was a factory S Code / Toploader and plan to put it back in that configuration soon. I do have a 390 I picked up a few years ago from a 67 Galaxie 500 that has the 8 bolt C7AE A heads and 2V intake. My want is to get some good reliable power out of it without remortgaging the house to do it

475fetoploader

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 19, 2021, 01:29:58 AM »
Sounds like a fun project. You’ll find some great ideas here, it’s pretty incredible what gets shared, and the willingness of the vendors to help.  To me it would be easy for an f.e. Rookie to fail miserably and be disappointed with a shelf built engine.  I would encourage you to look at a custom ground camshaft, regardless of your horsepower goal.

Skeeter65

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 19, 2021, 09:32:15 AM »
Thanks 475fetoploader