Author Topic: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!  (Read 225814 times)

thatdarncat

• View Profile
Re: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
« Reply #285 on: October 28, 2016, 09:26:15 AM »
Welcome Joel & Roman. Nice rides.
Kevin Rolph

1967 Cougar Drag Car ( under constuction )
1966 7 litre Galaxie
1966 Country Squire 390
1966 Cyclone GT 390
1968 Torino GT 390
1972 Gran Torino wagon
1978 Lincoln Mk V

Bruce R.

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 24, 2017, 05:30:45 PM »
Hi !, Bruce Reigle here from Shamokin, Pa. joined a little while ago, building an FE first time around. Always messed with small blocks, never took an FE apart, never had to. Putting it into my 55 Mercury Montclair sport coupe, along with an overdrive 4-speed, should be fun !
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 04:54:08 PM by Bruce R. »
B.W.R.

Bruce R.

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 25, 2017, 04:54:37 PM »
Hi !, Bruce Reigle here from Shamokin, Pa. joined a little while ago, building an FE first time around. Always messed with small blocks, never took an FE apart, never had to. Putting it into my 55 Mercury Montclair sport coupe, along with an overdrive 4-speed, should be fun !
B.W.R.

Bolted to Floor

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 27, 2017, 06:57:40 AM »
Welcome to the site Bruce. There's a wealth of information that gets shared here from a great group of guys.
John D -- 67 Mustang 390 5 speed

MeanMofakee

« Reply #289 on: January 30, 2017, 01:47:44 PM »
Should have done this when I first started posting, asking alot of questions that maybe don't have answers to. Live in the Minneapolis area and just getting started on my first FE project. 67 Fairlane with what I hope to get built 462 with 4-speed car. Still alot of questions but learning tons on this site. Hope to meet some of the members in this area some day.

428 GALAXIE

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 04, 2017, 11:56:23 AM »
Another late bloom new guy here!Living here in cold Finland.
I have 65 Galaxie as posted here earlier.Just today dropped it`s 428 to machine shop.It was way beyond it`s due but finaly got there.
Pic of the Galaxie and other ford that i have been involved literally all my life i was picked of hospital after my birth in that car.
Mikko

BruceS

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 05, 2017, 11:12:47 AM »
Mikko, welcome to the best FE group around!  Can you give us some details of the Galaxie, and of the (I think - Anglia?).

Bruce
66 Fairlane 500, 347-4V SB stroker, C4
63 Galaxie 500 fastback, 482 SO 4V, Cruise-O-Matic

428 GALAXIE

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 05, 2017, 02:57:03 PM »
Yes this forum truly ROCKS!!!!
Galaxie is pretty plain jane no PS no PB had a 3 speed manual tranny WR toploader is on to do list.If i remember right car came from Georgia to Finland.In coming years i`m hoping to make full restoration to it but for now it`s my summer DD.

Yes other ford is 1958 Anglia tiny sidevalve engine and lots of grunt in it ::).
Mikko

Daveycracky

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 18, 2017, 03:32:19 AM »
Hello all, long time lurker, first time member. Definitely a great site!
 The knowledge and helpfulness is indeed huge. My lady and I have always had old American steel for our daily drivers and work trucks and with sites like this I've been moving from nickle and dime repairs into full on restomods in my free time. It helps with kids college paid for.. The Stock 390/C6 coming out of a repower on my pickup will be my first stab at a gas engine and tranny rebuild. With what I've already picked from here, it doesn't look like a daunting task at all. A new addict is born every day...
Doing my part for the environment. Old car recycling, one sweet ride at a time.
1965 Mustang Coupe daily driver/rolling restomod 302/C4
1975 F250 CS daily driver/rolling restomod 390/C6/3.73:1 (repower in progress to 468 494hp/549tq)

120mm

• View Profile
New guy; didn't see this thread at first
« Reply #294 on: March 18, 2017, 09:55:33 AM »
Sorry for taking so long to notice this. Already started posting without thinking.

I'm from Iowa, and am descended from a long line of FE guys.

Both my Grandfather and Father drove nothing but FEs from 1958 until the late '70s. I inherited most of their worn out cars.

Now, I'm getting back into FEs. Am currently deployed to Afghanistan, and for the next 10 months or so, all I can do is plan and buy parts for my Hurricane Roadster project, which will be FE powered, of course.

My wife and I just moved back from Germany, so my only other car I own that runs is a 67 Mustang convertible. So since I'm in need of a shop truck, I am also looking for an older FE powered F-series.

steinauge

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 18, 2017, 08:28:34 PM »
My name is Kurt,I live in central Florida and am 67 years old.I am retired now but spent 52 years in the motorcycle business.Last 40 years of it trying to teach people to repair Harley-Davidson motorcycle engines.I have always fooled with cars and bikes.I currently own a 55 Ford with a Y block,a 50 Ford coupe with an OHV 6 that is chopped and lowered and my FE car is    a 67 Ford galaxie 4 door sedan with a hard way 406 and a 4 speed.I am kind of in the middle of building it right now. If I can figure out how to post pictures I will do so. I am glad to be here!       

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 18, 2017, 08:38:18 PM »
Welcome Kurt
When I post pix I have to upload them to photobucket then copy and paste here using the picture icon above this box on the left.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon

scott foxwell

« Reply #297 on: July 14, 2017, 09:23:33 AM »
Greetings. My name is Scott Foxwell. I guess I should have done this a while back and out of respect for proper protocol I figured I should anyway. Originally born and raised in southern CA, I currently work for Straub Technologies in N/E TN. Some of you may know the name Chris Straub. Some of you may know me from other venues and websites. I'm 58 yrs old, born 9/8/58. I served my country in my peace time endeavor in the Army as crewchief on Blackhawk helicopters.  I've been doing this engine thing a long time now. My first car was a 69 Ranchero with a factory 428cj/c6. Bought it from my dad and it was the car I learned to drive in, and the first engine I ever helped dad rebuild. I've had a lot of really good opportunities in my "career" to work for some of the very best in the business. I worked for Rich Maskin in the early days of Dart when he was just getting back into Pro Stock. I worked for Alan and Blaine Johnson in CA when they first went to TF. I knew Blaine well and saw him almost on a daily basis. I'll always miss him. I was primarily involved in cylinder head development/manufacture/repair for both companies. I had the chance to work with Rich "on the side" in his Pro Stock engine program when he first took on Mark Powuk as a customer. I've been involved in a number of land speed projects, the two most noteworthy are John Raines' 300 mph Firebird and Seth Hammond's Lakester. I did more fabrication/machine work on both those cars than engine work. I did assemble the first turbo V6 for John's car which we dyno'd at Ken Duttweiler's and made over 1K hp. Both John and Seth are multi world record holders. Seth Hammond is a well known icon at Bonneville and is responsible for putting more people in the 200 and 300 mph clubs than anyone I know. I'm proud to be a very integral part in both of those programs. I was also pretty heavily in boat drags and had my own jet drag boat for a while, but ultimately sold it to buy some of my own first cylinder head equipment. I have since focused on induction development and that is what my primary role is at Straub Tech. I do build the occasional engine...maybe 5 or 6 a year, and most are custom "by appointment only" type engines. What has brought me here is my new venture; a 1967 Fairlane GTA. I'll be doing a few iterations of my motor "ideas" with this car, ultimately hoping to have a 1071 sitting on a nice top end with a BBM foundation underneath. I will apologise ahead of time for the way I am sometimes. I'm not a loyalist, and consider myself a non-denominational engine builder. I respect the passion and devotion others have to a brand, I just don't share it. I'm passionate about performance. I'm passionate about understanding and learning. I'm passionate about doing things as best my ability and knowledge will allow. I am OCD to the letter. I am a perfectionist, and this sometimes doesn't come across very well "socially" so if I offend, please know in advance it's nothing personal...till someone makes it personal. I'm here to learn, and I'm here to share everything I know and have in order to help others. I'm an open book and always willing to take calls and answer questions. My work number at Straub is 423 391 7774.
Have a great day!

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #298 on: July 14, 2017, 10:47:20 AM »
Scott, welcome to the forum.  A 69 Ranchero with the 428CJ is a great vehicle; I had a 71 Ranchero with the 429SCJ package and had a blast with it in the early 1980s.  Sure wish I still had that one, even though it wasn't an FE car...
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

scott foxwell

« Reply #299 on: July 14, 2017, 11:17:21 AM »
Scott, welcome to the forum.  A 69 Ranchero with the 428CJ is a great vehicle; I had a 71 Ranchero with the 429SCJ package and had a blast with it in the early 1980s.  Sure wish I still had that one, even though it wasn't an FE car...
The Ranchero was a super sleeper. Dad knew a thing or two about FE's. He had a 55 TBird with a Ford Racing 406 that was bumped to 460ci. In the very early 60's that thing ran 10's with street tires and a truck 3spd... using 2nd and 3rd. Had a custom Jack Engle (friend of Dad's) cam and he was supposed to go to Bonneville with the car but that never happened. The Ranchero he bought when I was a Jr in high school (for 1500.00) and we rebuilt it my senior year. It was that Ivy yellow with a black vinyl top, black bench seat interior, manual steering, C6 with a shift kit, stock 14" GT wheels and a functioning hood scoop. It got balanced, freshened, little head work and an Isky cam and valve train. It had a 3.89 rear, big factory 2-1/2" exhaust and G60 Dunlop GT Qualifiers on the back that got surprisingly sticky when you heated them up. I cruised Van Nuys Blvd on Thursday nights in the late 70's and won more races with that car than anyone would ever imagine... and I was only 17.