Author Topic: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!  (Read 225823 times)

Skeeter65

• View Profile
Re: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
« Reply #330 on: February 19, 2021, 09:38:36 AM »
Hello,

My name is Zach. I'm from South Carolina. I'm 35 and very inexperienced. I've had a decent number of "old" cars but have not built one.

My project is a 1964 Galaxie rust bucket. It's a good 50 footer.

Just got the block back from the machine shop. Short block assembled thus far. Survival Stroker kit. Edelbrock stage II heads from Keith Craft to arrive later this week hopefully. I've learned a lot from the site thus far.

I've rebuilt the rear end. 3.70 gears. Changed springs to +1/stiff. Wish I would have went +2. Now working on the engine bay for the car itself.

Zach, what part of South Carolina are you in? I'm currently in Clover which is on the west side of Lake Wylie not far from the NC state line near Gastonia. Anyway I'd like to get some info on the 447 you are building to see if it's a configuration that would work for my needs as well.

Thanks,
Jody (SKEETER65)

Mark Bliss

• View Profile
Re: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
« Reply #331 on: August 25, 2023, 04:50:32 AM »
Well it looks like its time to update this thread...

I am a 45+ year master auto mechanic (from back before the industry started calling them "technicians")
About half and half dealer and independent, factory training and certification on multiple brands. I seem to have specialized in drivability/performance diagnostic stuff combined with electrical/electronic fault tracing. These days I try to just stick to inspecting and prepping used cars, but the problems and headaches still seem to often find me.

My background includes multiple streetrod/hotrod and drag racing facets, and I have always been the guy who tried to absorb every bit of technical info on performance and power for more than 50 years.
Though I have owned several vehicles (to say the least), my biggest tie to the FE specifically would be my '67 Mustang Fastback GTA that I have owned since 1977. I will spare you all the details, but suffice it to say every bit of the car has been apart and back together and built in multiple past iterations. The last being a bit of a retro "street and strip" style built modeled on what I would call an "early '70's period/style.
I drove and raced it a bit up until about 2000, then as often happens, shoved it in a shed under cover and... Life happens.

It has become time to get back to it. Dragging it out and pulling off the cover I find it looks like a "barn find" that honestly- needs a lot of work justto get back to where I left off.

Thus the reason I am here.
(I was a frequent member of the "old" FE forum, but there little reason anyone would recall me from there)
So on to some questions and discussion!