Author Topic: Confused and at a loss  (Read 9873 times)

TimeWarpF100

• View Profile
Re: Confused and at a loss
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2018, 03:05:59 PM »
Streetability was huge on my current build. This is a bit over
1000 rpm idle as now on default tune.

233/236 @ .050

482 Dual QuAd EFI

https://youtu.be/fS7PQRLvu_A

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2018, 09:19:30 AM »
Streetability is in the eye of the beholder. 

Most of my personal "street" engines have been higher compression (still on pump gas though), large cams, big gears, etc. 

Streetability to you may mean something totally different. 

LOL.  This.  Right now it's 110 race fuel, 4.56, 4600 stall spool with drag radials and a tunnel ram.  Things like "power brakes" - won't have.  Haven't had any problems over the years stopping a 3200 lb car from 95~100 MPH with a 15/16" manual master and single piston front disks off a 76 Maverick.  Haven't had to update the front pads in 10 years.  There are also a few "no prep street" types around here.  The usual deal is off the trailer, 10 mile or so drive, no time trials.  Mid 5.50s @ 125+ is required to be in the hunt with a small tire. 

FElony

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2018, 12:18:41 PM »
Not that anything I say matters here, but in the OP's case I would define the tipping point, take a couple steps back from it, and consider a nitrous kit, providing there is a vendor locally. That way you get temporary jollies when your greed heeds the need for speed. Plus, purging the nitrous lines at a stoplight next to some douchebag non-Ford owner has got to be worth attitude points. And cheap entertainment!

cammerfe

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2018, 12:47:08 PM »
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ;)

KS

falcongeorge

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2018, 09:42:51 PM »
Just curious...I own 4 cars that are chevy powered, 3 that are ford powered, one with an Olds rocket, and a desoto hemi that’s currently homeless. Does this mean I am 2/3 douchebag, or does it vary depending on which one I am working on at the time? Or does owning one ford powered car save you from douchebag status? Or am I a full-on douchebag based on the 2/3 ratio? Inquiring minds need to know. Well, ok, I lied, I KNOW I’m a douchebag, and fully embrace and relish my douchebaggery so the consensus of opinion really doesn’t matter to me...it’s a rhetorical question... ;) and my wife says my daily is unstreetable, so...
PS: I know a guy that has a blown FE powered ‘59 ford wagon, but is doing a rotisserie resto on a 409 Impala convert for his wife. Douchebag?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 09:58:36 PM by falcongeorge »

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2018, 08:35:22 AM »
I miss my 79 Trans AM.   8)

shady

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2018, 10:00:40 AM »
Well, let me put it this way. Not every non-Ford owner in a douchebag, but every douchebag is a non-Ford owner. Kind of like not every man with a mustache is a pedophile, but every pedophile has a mustache. Not defending FElony ( I would never do that), just the way I read it with my low level of comprehension.
What goes fast doesn't go fast long'
What goes fast takes your money with it.
So I'm slow & broke, what went wrong?
2021 FERR cool FE Winner
2022 FERR cool FE Winner
2023 FERR cool FE Winner

falcongeorge

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2018, 10:39:17 AM »
Well, let me put it this way. Not every non-Ford owner in a douchebag, but every douchebag is a non-Ford owner. Kind of like not every man with a mustache is a pedophile, but every pedophile has a mustache. Not defending FElony ( I would never do that), just the way I read it with my low level of comprehension.
I think it probably comes across that I am poking fun at this (and perhaps pointing out just how utterly ridiculous the whole make bashing thing is, WHATEVER side it is coming from) more than offended. I actually enjoy FElonys posts, especially his 3rd one on the Torino wagon thread. And yes, I really do own a bunch of chevy powered project cars. FWIW, in the past, I have even owned, and loved....GASP!!!!! MOPARS!!!! The horror........the horror.....

FElony

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2018, 12:56:51 PM »
I miss my 79 Trans AM.   8)

Do you miss the mullet you wore while owning this vehicle?

FElony

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2018, 01:08:17 PM »
... Not defending FElony ( I would never do that),

Just because I told you that your check was in the mail and it really wasn't. Picky picky.

FElony

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2018, 01:36:37 PM »
Just curious...I own 4 cars that are chevy powered, 3 that are ford powered, one with an Olds rocket, and a desoto hemi that’s currently homeless. Does this mean I am 2/3 douchebag, or does it vary depending on which one I am working on at the time? Or does owning one ford powered car save you from douchebag status? Or am I a full-on douchebag based on the 2/3 ratio? Inquiring minds need to know. Well, ok, I lied, I KNOW I’m a douchebag, and fully embrace and relish my douchebaggery so the consensus of opinion really doesn’t matter to me...it’s a rhetorical question... ;) and my wife says my daily is unstreetable, so...
PS: I know a guy that has a blown FE powered ‘59 ford wagon, but is doing a rotisserie resto on a 409 Impala convert for his wife. Douchebag?

Your douchebag ranking depends on what you are driving at the time you encounter a Ford owner. If you actually own no Fords presently, but you have in the past, then you are a Level Two douchebag. If you have never owned a Ford because your mommy and daddy told you they are Satan's chariots and only drive on the Highway to Hell, then you are a Level One douchebag. If you have Fords at home, but have the utter misfortune to come up against one at a streetlight while driving a non-Ford, you are a Level Three bag. In this case, you are a stronger mixture of liquid (we're talking Monsanto level here) in the bag if you try to convince the Ford owner you have a Ford at home, as it will look like a lame attempt at being his soul brother. Ain't happenin'. If you are not a car guy at all, but merely look like a douchebag, clueless dork, or a millenial with a man bun, then there is little else for you to do other than clean out both sides of your undershorts after the Ford guy wings the twin turbskies against the 2-Step and purges the nitrous from 4 nozzles. It sucks to be you, in this case.

If you wonder why the Faithful are protected against douchebaggery, it goes back to our Founder Henry Ford, who discovered through much meditation that designing the Corporate logo with script inside a magical sapphire oval had holistic properties far beyond the comprehension of those manufacturers who insisted on more squared-off artwork. This cannot be disputed. Ever.

As for your Chevy ownership, this sounds like a personal problem that is best resolved between yourself and a qualified, accredited mental health professional. Hopefully, someone who is experienced with shock therapy.

falcongeorge

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2018, 02:00:24 PM »

Your douchebag ranking depends on what you are driving at the time you encounter a Ford owner. If you actually own no Fords presently, but you have in the past, then you are a Level Two douchebag. If you have never owned a Ford because your mommy and daddy told you they are Satan's chariots and only drive on the Highway to Hell, then you are a Level One douchebag. If you have Fords at home, but have the utter misfortune to come up against one at a streetlight while driving a non-Ford, you are a Level Three bag. In this case, you are a stronger mixture of liquid (we're talking Monsanto level here) in the bag if you try to convince the Ford owner you have a Ford at home, as it will look like a lame attempt at being his soul brother. Ain't happenin'. If you are not a car guy at all, but merely look like a douchebag, clueless dork, or a millenial with a man bun, then there is little else for you to do other than clean out both sides of your undershorts after the Ford guy wings the twin turbskies against the 2-Step and purges the nitrous from 4 nozzles. It sucks to be you, in this case.

If you wonder why the Faithful are protected against douchebaggery, it goes back to our Founder Henry Ford, who discovered through much meditation that designing the Corporate logo with script inside a magical sapphire oval had holistic properties far beyond the comprehension of those manufacturers who insisted on more squared-off artwork. This cannot be disputed. Ever.

As for your Chevy ownership, this sounds like a personal problem that is best resolved between yourself and a qualified, accredited mental health professional. Hopefully, someone who is experienced with shock therapy.
Monsanto? MONSANTO??!!! ok,  now THATS low, NOW you have pissed me off!!! And cmon, really?? An FE GUY claiming owning CHEVIES is mental illness?? Have you looked at the price and availability of Blue Thunder blower intakes?? Now THATS insanity!
But you may have a point about my questionable sanity, my current chevy powered project has hilborns on it, and I plan to drive it on the street....

FElony

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2018, 02:08:50 PM »

I think it probably comes across that I am poking fun at this (and perhaps pointing out just how utterly ridiculous the whole make bashing thing is, WHATEVER side it is coming from) more than offended.

Yeah, sure. Let's see you sitting at at light with your pulsating antiquity and have some Honda Civic pull up next to you and brap the pipe. Like you're gonna think, "Self, I know this overzealous pimple farm revving an engine with less horsepower than my spare tire is annoying, but it's ridiculous to bash him since we are all created equal. Here, let me extend my hand out the window in a gesture of fatherly empathy and let the positrons flow unto his soul".

Right? Sure. That man bun pulling on yer scalp a little tightly there, Georgey?

Scathing offensiveness is primary weaponry in the arsenal of the older white alpha male, created via the defensive posture mandated by the chalk-on-board monotone of faux vicious SJW posturing. Don't just sit there and swish, "Gosh, I'm offended by something I deem ridiculous". Get tough. Snarl at your monitor. Check your package. Snarl some more. Go out and uh...wait a minute. How did I get on this tangent? Seems I turned RIGHT at the last intersection. Such a bother to turn around; maybe I'll just slam it into reverse, peg the pedal, and hope that damn Honda doesn't turn in behind me.

FElony

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2018, 02:15:45 PM »
... my current chevy powered project has hilborns on it, and I plan to drive it on the street....

Well, if some douchebag pours a half-bottle of Jack Daniel's down your injectors while you're at a stoplight, you'll know it's just me being neighborly and all.

Dan859

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2018, 02:33:35 PM »
LMFAO!!!  Now THIS is why I stay up at night to read the forums!  FElony, I do have one question.  If you were to pour Jack Daniels down the injectors on a Ford, how would that interact with the dilithium crystals and the flux capacitator?  Inquiring minds want to know  ;D