Author Topic: Confused and at a loss  (Read 9893 times)

69Shakar

• View Profile
Confused and at a loss
« on: September 27, 2018, 02:42:04 PM »
It’s been mentioned about streetability manners being taken into account for my plans on my 445 build. I have looked and listened to various dyno runs and wondered would it work on the street? None of them seemed to have an unruly idle to them. The dyno charts show anywhere from 3-4K starting rpm and I understand the reasoning behind that. I realize that I’m going to have a tire roasting monster under the hood. My question what are streetability manners.

Heo

• View Profile
Re: Confused and at a loss
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 03:19:41 PM »
Well i think Streetability is different from one person to another
typically your granny wont like a 306 deg camshaft while i think its
streetabel
A 445 is More streetabel than a 390 att same powerlevel. It can take
more cam due to longer stroke and more volume

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

shady

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 03:46:27 PM »
Streetable to me is a car I can drive 50 or 100 miles without using race gas or cringing at every red light trying to keep the car running, worrying about overheating and is generally dependable. I have a friend with a mid 8 second street drivin car that he drives for about two miles at a time at the most. Needs race gas and if he isn't real careful, wrecks a sprag in his tranny. To me that's not streetable or fun.
What goes fast doesn't go fast long'
What goes fast takes your money with it.
So I'm slow & broke, what went wrong?
2021 FERR cool FE Winner
2022 FERR cool FE Winner
2023 FERR cool FE Winner

chilly460

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 03:49:08 PM »
I honestly think you have to get in some cars and see for yourself what they're like, I know my perception vs what I read in newspapers and what I see online are different.  I personally think a lot of guys just pass information on without having real experience. 

First one that comes to mind, I drove '66 Fairlane with wide ratio toploader, 3.89 gear, 466ci 385 series, 850dp, Torker manifold with a Comp 292H.   I think perception is with wide ratio and 3.89 this would be "ok" but with single plane and decent amount of cam in it and the 850 which has larger venturi which some call lazy, most would consider a little iffy for street?  Well, first time driving a toploader, I started out in third gear by accident...twice...and didn't stall it.  Did same thing pulling 4th instead of 2nd and it handled it at low rpm.  Pulled absolutely fine at 2000, started to pull hard around 3500.   Definitely knew it had some cam to it but would idle steady at 900rpm all day as I recall.  Considering ports in a FE are smaller than a 460 based motor, I'd think torque would be stronger down low and in the midrange.   Guessing 3800lbs with driver.

250ish degree solid roller in a 427ci SBF, AFR 225 heads, Super Victor intake, toploader and 3.50 gear in a '63 Fairlane.  Two dudes in the car, guessing 3700-3800lbs?  Had to be lazy down low with the large cam, big intake, mild gear?   Car was an animal on street tires, stupid.  Guy eventually got it to the track think it did mid 11s but at 125mph or so.  Again, had some cam to it and wouldn't run power brakes, but it didn't load up or act snotty around streets of Detroit.  Part throttle running around shifting 2500-2700 it acted fine, that said it was not a sub 2000rpm combo. 

My little 390 in chubby '63 Merc.  224/230 hydraulic roller, TKO 500, 4.10 rear, 750dp, Performer RPM.  Handles Overdrive fine at 1600rpm if needed, it will accelerate just fine in O/D anything over 2000rpm.  Car idles all day at 850rpm, I can idle it down to 650rpm if I really feel like it but I like it to sling around a little oil at idle, plus it is pretty sloppy when cold if I try that.  I'd literally run this in a truck application (maybe just swap on a vacuum sec carb), no issue, on a chassis dyno torque peaked at 3500rpm.   

A 445 will handle 230* cam no sweat unless you're putting it in a tow truck, put good modern cam lobes on it to keep advertised duration in check, put a good sharp timing curve in it and get the carb working nice and crisp at part throttle and it'll be an incredible combo.   I think the biggest feedback I'd give is get for making a car streetable is get a modern Overdrive in the car, someway somehow.  TKO trans has a deep first gear to help with any softness down low, O/D lets you run plenty of gear but still cruise easy on the highway, I run 2200-2300 at 70 with a 4.10 gear and it's perfect.  If for some reason you run an auto, modern autos can run lockup convertors in O/D and keep heat and slushiness out at cruise, and I believe most modern o/d autos trend to deeper first gear. 

Video I threw together of putzing around going to work, some lazy shifts at 2200rpm, some WOT stuff, just as a reference.  Cam guys can confirm, but I'd think the 224* cam in my 390 would act about the same as a 230-232* cam in a 445.  I have weak suck 9.2:1 compression, most 445 combos are going to be higher than that so would be a bit crisper down low. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k136_EJhi1A&t=143s
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 04:17:48 PM by chilly460 »

69Shakar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 11:27:06 PM »
Thank you for the video.. engine sounds great!! My Torino is now a wide ratio c6 3.25 gears at 70 I’m turning 2700 rpms after going to 28x10 tires it used to be 3200 with stock tires... as long as I have some vacuum for my brakes I’ll be happy... I know this engine won’t have a smooth idle it’s a muscle car.... not a tea toting car.. if I want to pass someone I don’t plan to lollygag past them but be a low flying jet...people hear speed up to keep you from passing....

Barry_R

• View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2018, 05:21:27 AM »
Streetability is about a compromise between power desires and practicality.  We take a different approach when building a package for an optioned out Thunderbird, a truck for towing, or a Cobra with road race intent.  And - we have built 445 combinations for all of those vehicles.  The key parts here are compression ratio and camshaft selection - underneath that simple statement is cylinder pressure management.

A vehicle used for towing will see high loads at relatively low RPM.  Getting the most torque in that range means a fairly mild (by current standards) camshaft to bring the torque peak down to the lower operating speeds.  To avoid detonation from the higher cylinder pressures such a cam delivers we will reduce the compression ratio..  No matter what the internet DCR calculators say - at peak torque a 10:1 compression engine is exactly that - and if peak torque and cylinder pressure occurs in a range where loads are higher than available fuel can support - you are going to have a problem.  Other factors also enter into fuel tolerance - such as chamber shape, bore diameter, piston shape, port volume and charge velocity - but those are far harder to quantify, explain, or change.

The opposing scenario is also true - if you build an engine for a lightweight car that will accelerate past peak torque quickly with minimal load - such as the Cobra - you can get far more assertive on compression.  Within these boundaries you can select your favorite place in the range.  The "truck" variation will deliver a very stable idle, lots of vacuum, and really good street manners at the cost of comparable high RPM power.  The Cobra example will have a hot rod rattle at idle, minimal vacuum, and softer bottom end couple with a high RPM rush.  Any of these will pretty much crush a smaller displacement 390 in terms of street performance with the milder package still stronger than the 390 upstairs and the wilder one still stronger than a 390 down low.

blykins

• View Profile
    • Lykins Motorsports
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2018, 05:54:14 AM »
Streetability is in the eye of the beholder. 

Most of my personal "street" engines have been higher compression (still on pump gas though), large cams, big gears, etc. 

Streetability to you may mean something totally different. 

However, there are some "requirements" that go with that term.  Power brakes will require some vacuum to operate, or as a last resort, you can install a vacuum reservoir, or a pump.  Where you drive makes a big difference also.  If you're in an area (like me) where there are very long lengths of 2-lane roads with little to no traffic at times, then you can be a little more liberal with the choices.  If you're in an area where it's all stop and go and then you get on an interstate highway and go to the next exit, then you may have to be more conservative and aim for a combination that won't be a burden to you in all those stops and gos.

I've been building engines for people for a very long time and it's interesting to hear my customers' version of what streetable is to them.  It's most always different.
Brent Lykins
Lykins Motorsports
Custom FE Street, Drag Race, Road Race, and Pulling Truck Engines
Custom Roller & Flat Tappet Camshafts
www.lykinsmotorsports.com
brent@lykinsmotorsports.com
www.customfordcams.com
502-759-1431
Instagram:  brentlykinsmotorsports
YouTube:  Lykins Motorsports

chilly460

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2018, 06:41:50 AM »
If it was a choice of being heavily compromised by the need for vacuum for power brakes, could also look into Hydroboost options to allow the cam you prefer.

e philpott

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2018, 07:52:37 AM »
Electric Vacuum pump is the way to go on power brakes , just take the engine out of the equation

Voodoojl

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2018, 09:25:20 AM »
Nice video Chilly460.  Can you provide the cam specs for your 390.  Also any idea on your vacuum at idle (power brake friendly?).

chilly460

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2018, 09:33:27 AM »
That video was a Comp 270H 224/224 .519/.519 on a 110LSA, was installed at 102LCA. 

I updated to hydraulic roller which runs basically exactly the same as far as driveability
224/230* .563/.563 on a 110LSA installed at 106

Both are right at 13inHg at 850rpm idle

I don't currently have power brakes but the engine was in a '76 F250 previously and the power brakes functioned 100% in that application

runthatjunk

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2018, 06:35:26 PM »
That video was a Comp 270H 224/224 .519/.519 on a 110LSA, was installed at 102LCA. 

I updated to hydraulic roller which runs basically exactly the same as far as driveability
224/230* .563/.563 on a 110LSA installed at 106

Both are right at 13inHg at 850rpm idle

I don't currently have power brakes but the engine was in a '76 F250 previously and the power brakes functioned 100% in that application

Is this something you drive enough to have a good feel for the fuel economy? That sounds awesome, nice video
1965 390 Galaxie 4 Speed
1966 428 Thunderbird

chilly460

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2018, 06:44:53 PM »
Hmmm, checked it a few times, always 15mpg or so.  I drive it like you saw, take it easy, full WOT two gears, back to cruising.  I think it’ll do 17mpg hwy but I never really tried, but it cruises smooth and easy at 70mpy at 2300 or so, from other combos I know it’s loafing along

fryedaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2018, 03:43:28 PM »
to me streetable is when you can cruise at 2000-3000 rpms smooth. when you get to the point where you have to run 3000+ to smooth out, then i think its not streetable.my 433 with a 245 cam i think is borderline.
1966 comet caliente 428 4 speed owned since 1983                                                 1973 f250 ranger xlt 360 4 speed papaw bought new

blu64galaxie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2018, 09:02:00 PM »
Love your video as well Chilly !  :D

My 390 seems similar to your 'before' cam setup, ie; 270H, ED intake & heads, similar C/R as well.  Quite a 'wow' difference in SLR between your TKO and my T-10 though !! ... as seen in your launch. Mine may spin a tire, if someone happened to spill their water or pop under the tire, teehee.

This is a video of mine  'rowing' thru the gears after I added the heads this spring -   https://www.facebook.com/norm.russo.9/videos/2207870569228140/?t=1

To give the OP my 2 cents and keep this on-thread ---  I live in a densely populated metro, with maany long lights and you always need to be making lefts here it seems. Plus, any one of you who hit the car show circuit has probably sat through a long line or two  >:(. ..... I don't mind a surly idling brute so much (in a stick shift), but my biggie is keeping the temp gauge off my radar and not fretting about it. We don't have many hills here, so sitting at a long light and/or waiting out traffic snarls and above mentioned car show lines doesn't require 3-4 feet to run the pedals -- but it can sure test your cooling system  --more so if your engine is now putting out mucho more ponies.
And I live in the 'polar north' compared to many here. lol

Thanks much !    Norm

That video was a Comp 270H 224/224 .519/.519 on a 110LSA, was installed at 102LCA. .............
Norm Russo  blu64galaxie

1964 Galaxie 500  aka 'the blue goose'

TimeWarpF100

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2018, 03:05:59 PM »
Streetability was huge on my current build. This is a bit over
1000 rpm idle as now on default tune.

233/236 @ .050

482 Dual QuAd EFI

https://youtu.be/fS7PQRLvu_A

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2018, 09:19:30 AM »
Streetability is in the eye of the beholder. 

Most of my personal "street" engines have been higher compression (still on pump gas though), large cams, big gears, etc. 

Streetability to you may mean something totally different. 

LOL.  This.  Right now it's 110 race fuel, 4.56, 4600 stall spool with drag radials and a tunnel ram.  Things like "power brakes" - won't have.  Haven't had any problems over the years stopping a 3200 lb car from 95~100 MPH with a 15/16" manual master and single piston front disks off a 76 Maverick.  Haven't had to update the front pads in 10 years.  There are also a few "no prep street" types around here.  The usual deal is off the trailer, 10 mile or so drive, no time trials.  Mid 5.50s @ 125+ is required to be in the hunt with a small tire. 

FElony

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2018, 12:18:41 PM »
Not that anything I say matters here, but in the OP's case I would define the tipping point, take a couple steps back from it, and consider a nitrous kit, providing there is a vendor locally. That way you get temporary jollies when your greed heeds the need for speed. Plus, purging the nitrous lines at a stoplight next to some douchebag non-Ford owner has got to be worth attitude points. And cheap entertainment!

cammerfe

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2018, 12:47:08 PM »
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ;)

KS

falcongeorge

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2018, 09:42:51 PM »
Just curious...I own 4 cars that are chevy powered, 3 that are ford powered, one with an Olds rocket, and a desoto hemi that’s currently homeless. Does this mean I am 2/3 douchebag, or does it vary depending on which one I am working on at the time? Or does owning one ford powered car save you from douchebag status? Or am I a full-on douchebag based on the 2/3 ratio? Inquiring minds need to know. Well, ok, I lied, I KNOW I’m a douchebag, and fully embrace and relish my douchebaggery so the consensus of opinion really doesn’t matter to me...it’s a rhetorical question... ;) and my wife says my daily is unstreetable, so...
PS: I know a guy that has a blown FE powered ‘59 ford wagon, but is doing a rotisserie resto on a 409 Impala convert for his wife. Douchebag?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 09:58:36 PM by falcongeorge »

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2018, 08:35:22 AM »
I miss my 79 Trans AM.   8)

shady

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2018, 10:00:40 AM »
Well, let me put it this way. Not every non-Ford owner in a douchebag, but every douchebag is a non-Ford owner. Kind of like not every man with a mustache is a pedophile, but every pedophile has a mustache. Not defending FElony ( I would never do that), just the way I read it with my low level of comprehension.
2021 FERR cool FE Winner
2022 FERR cool FE Winner
2023 FERR cool FE Winner

falcongeorge

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2018, 10:39:17 AM »
Well, let me put it this way. Not every non-Ford owner in a douchebag, but every douchebag is a non-Ford owner. Kind of like not every man with a mustache is a pedophile, but every pedophile has a mustache. Not defending FElony ( I would never do that), just the way I read it with my low level of comprehension.
I think it probably comes across that I am poking fun at this (and perhaps pointing out just how utterly ridiculous the whole make bashing thing is, WHATEVER side it is coming from) more than offended. I actually enjoy FElonys posts, especially his 3rd one on the Torino wagon thread. And yes, I really do own a bunch of chevy powered project cars. FWIW, in the past, I have even owned, and loved....GASP!!!!! MOPARS!!!! The horror........the horror.....

FElony

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2018, 12:56:51 PM »
I miss my 79 Trans AM.   8)

Do you miss the mullet you wore while owning this vehicle?

FElony

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2018, 01:08:17 PM »
... Not defending FElony ( I would never do that),

Just because I told you that your check was in the mail and it really wasn't. Picky picky.

FElony

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2018, 01:36:37 PM »
Just curious...I own 4 cars that are chevy powered, 3 that are ford powered, one with an Olds rocket, and a desoto hemi that’s currently homeless. Does this mean I am 2/3 douchebag, or does it vary depending on which one I am working on at the time? Or does owning one ford powered car save you from douchebag status? Or am I a full-on douchebag based on the 2/3 ratio? Inquiring minds need to know. Well, ok, I lied, I KNOW I’m a douchebag, and fully embrace and relish my douchebaggery so the consensus of opinion really doesn’t matter to me...it’s a rhetorical question... ;) and my wife says my daily is unstreetable, so...
PS: I know a guy that has a blown FE powered ‘59 ford wagon, but is doing a rotisserie resto on a 409 Impala convert for his wife. Douchebag?

Your douchebag ranking depends on what you are driving at the time you encounter a Ford owner. If you actually own no Fords presently, but you have in the past, then you are a Level Two douchebag. If you have never owned a Ford because your mommy and daddy told you they are Satan's chariots and only drive on the Highway to Hell, then you are a Level One douchebag. If you have Fords at home, but have the utter misfortune to come up against one at a streetlight while driving a non-Ford, you are a Level Three bag. In this case, you are a stronger mixture of liquid (we're talking Monsanto level here) in the bag if you try to convince the Ford owner you have a Ford at home, as it will look like a lame attempt at being his soul brother. Ain't happenin'. If you are not a car guy at all, but merely look like a douchebag, clueless dork, or a millenial with a man bun, then there is little else for you to do other than clean out both sides of your undershorts after the Ford guy wings the twin turbskies against the 2-Step and purges the nitrous from 4 nozzles. It sucks to be you, in this case.

If you wonder why the Faithful are protected against douchebaggery, it goes back to our Founder Henry Ford, who discovered through much meditation that designing the Corporate logo with script inside a magical sapphire oval had holistic properties far beyond the comprehension of those manufacturers who insisted on more squared-off artwork. This cannot be disputed. Ever.

As for your Chevy ownership, this sounds like a personal problem that is best resolved between yourself and a qualified, accredited mental health professional. Hopefully, someone who is experienced with shock therapy.

falcongeorge

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2018, 02:00:24 PM »

Your douchebag ranking depends on what you are driving at the time you encounter a Ford owner. If you actually own no Fords presently, but you have in the past, then you are a Level Two douchebag. If you have never owned a Ford because your mommy and daddy told you they are Satan's chariots and only drive on the Highway to Hell, then you are a Level One douchebag. If you have Fords at home, but have the utter misfortune to come up against one at a streetlight while driving a non-Ford, you are a Level Three bag. In this case, you are a stronger mixture of liquid (we're talking Monsanto level here) in the bag if you try to convince the Ford owner you have a Ford at home, as it will look like a lame attempt at being his soul brother. Ain't happenin'. If you are not a car guy at all, but merely look like a douchebag, clueless dork, or a millenial with a man bun, then there is little else for you to do other than clean out both sides of your undershorts after the Ford guy wings the twin turbskies against the 2-Step and purges the nitrous from 4 nozzles. It sucks to be you, in this case.

If you wonder why the Faithful are protected against douchebaggery, it goes back to our Founder Henry Ford, who discovered through much meditation that designing the Corporate logo with script inside a magical sapphire oval had holistic properties far beyond the comprehension of those manufacturers who insisted on more squared-off artwork. This cannot be disputed. Ever.

As for your Chevy ownership, this sounds like a personal problem that is best resolved between yourself and a qualified, accredited mental health professional. Hopefully, someone who is experienced with shock therapy.
Monsanto? MONSANTO??!!! ok,  now THATS low, NOW you have pissed me off!!! And cmon, really?? An FE GUY claiming owning CHEVIES is mental illness?? Have you looked at the price and availability of Blue Thunder blower intakes?? Now THATS insanity!
But you may have a point about my questionable sanity, my current chevy powered project has hilborns on it, and I plan to drive it on the street....

FElony

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2018, 02:08:50 PM »

I think it probably comes across that I am poking fun at this (and perhaps pointing out just how utterly ridiculous the whole make bashing thing is, WHATEVER side it is coming from) more than offended.

Yeah, sure. Let's see you sitting at at light with your pulsating antiquity and have some Honda Civic pull up next to you and brap the pipe. Like you're gonna think, "Self, I know this overzealous pimple farm revving an engine with less horsepower than my spare tire is annoying, but it's ridiculous to bash him since we are all created equal. Here, let me extend my hand out the window in a gesture of fatherly empathy and let the positrons flow unto his soul".

Right? Sure. That man bun pulling on yer scalp a little tightly there, Georgey?

Scathing offensiveness is primary weaponry in the arsenal of the older white alpha male, created via the defensive posture mandated by the chalk-on-board monotone of faux vicious SJW posturing. Don't just sit there and swish, "Gosh, I'm offended by something I deem ridiculous". Get tough. Snarl at your monitor. Check your package. Snarl some more. Go out and uh...wait a minute. How did I get on this tangent? Seems I turned RIGHT at the last intersection. Such a bother to turn around; maybe I'll just slam it into reverse, peg the pedal, and hope that damn Honda doesn't turn in behind me.

FElony

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2018, 02:15:45 PM »
... my current chevy powered project has hilborns on it, and I plan to drive it on the street....

Well, if some douchebag pours a half-bottle of Jack Daniel's down your injectors while you're at a stoplight, you'll know it's just me being neighborly and all.

Dan859

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2018, 02:33:35 PM »
LMFAO!!!  Now THIS is why I stay up at night to read the forums!  FElony, I do have one question.  If you were to pour Jack Daniels down the injectors on a Ford, how would that interact with the dilithium crystals and the flux capacitator?  Inquiring minds want to know  ;D

falcongeorge

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2018, 02:42:48 PM »

I think it probably comes across that I am poking fun at this (and perhaps pointing out just how utterly ridiculous the whole make bashing thing is, WHATEVER side it is coming from) more than offended.

Yeah, sure. Let's see you sitting at at light with your pulsating antiquity and have some Honda Civic pull up next to you and brap the pipe. Like you're gonna think, "Self, I know this overzealous pimple farm revving an engine with less horsepower than my spare tire is annoying, but it's ridiculous to bash him since we are all created equal. Here, let me extend my hand out the window in a gesture of fatherly empathy and let the positrons flow unto his soul".

Right? Sure. That man bun pulling on yer scalp a little tightly there, Georgey?

Scathing offensiveness is primary weaponry in the arsenal of the older white alpha male, created via the defensive posture mandated by the chalk-on-board monotone of faux vicious SJW posturing. Don't just sit there and swish, "Gosh, I'm offended by something I deem ridiculous". Get tough. Snarl at your monitor. Check your package. Snarl some more. Go out and uh...wait a minute. How did I get on this tangent? Seems I turned RIGHT at the last intersection. Such a bother to turn around; maybe I'll just slam it into reverse, peg the pedal, and hope that damn Honda doesn't turn in behind me.
The Jack Daniels down the injectors..Pha, big deal, it would probably run better, but this^^?  Ok, I will graciously accept that I am outdone. And undone by laughter....goddam, passive agressive, post Sesame Street generation of hubristic, self-satisfied pr*ck faces... I feel your pain sir, I truly do.... ;D
 Oh, and no man bun here. We all know those faux-feminist pussies are full of shit, we all know that posture is just a vain, pathetic attempt to work it into all those hairy earth mother types. I do admit to once having a Joey Silvera signature series ‘stache, but my wife said I had to shave it off before she would marry me, and she has big t*ts, so I had to comply. This “alpha male” stuff only goes so far......
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 02:58:55 PM by falcongeorge »

FElony

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2018, 02:49:18 PM »
LMFAO!!!  Now THIS is why I stay up at night to read the forums!  FElony, I do have one question.  If you were to pour Jack Daniels down the injectors on a Ford, how would that interact with the dilithium crystals and the flux capacitator?  Inquiring minds want to know  ;D

I haven't the foggiest. I think Doug is more experienced with that drug than I am. I asked my dealer and he said he can't get any here in AZ. I did hear it goes just fabulously with Chianti and prime rib, though.

Sadly, nobody caught my ST references. I guess I'll just hang up my keyboard for good [fake sigh].   :'(

FElony

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2018, 03:16:57 PM »
The Jack Daniels down the injectors..Pha, big deal, it would probably run better, but this^^?  Ok, I will graciously accept that I am outdone. And undone by laughter....goddam, passive agressive, post Sesame Street generation of hubristic, self-satisfied pr*ck faces... I feel your pain sir, I truly do.... ;D

Like many of us I'm sure, I try to picture today's squealing whelps growing up in my childhood surroundings. Lawdy lawdy, they would have been ridiculed, beaten with baseball bats that were actually used to play baseball, and left in the hills to become desiccated husks. Hell, we almost executed two brothers who had immigrated into our hood from the Bronx because they referred to jeans as "dungarees". I mean, really? Dungarees? NYC street gang pussies.

It's times like this I'm thankful I never spawned any urchins. I am guilt-free in contributing to the dissonance and dysfunction, and feel justified in pointing my finger at my peers for failing their brood.

However, I feel the most sorrow for the Original Poster of this thread, who is even more Confused and at a loss now than even before. You know, like the kid on a bike caught in a downpour outside of town, while herds of SUV's zoom by unconcerned.

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2018, 04:46:19 PM »
I haven't the foggiest. I think Doug is more experienced with that drug than I am. I asked my dealer and he said he can't get any here in AZ. I did hear it goes just fabulously with Chianti and prime rib, though.

The drugs that I've done have no relevance to the conversation here. And barring my future SCOTUS nomination, which I'm expecting any year now, anything I did back in highschool is sealed and privileged information. My friends can testify to my immaculately clean record, at least the ones who haven't disappeared under veiled circumstances.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

RJP

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2018, 05:35:23 PM »
... my current chevy powered project has hilborns on it, and I plan to drive it on the street....

Well, if some douchebag pours a half-bottle of Jack Daniel's down your injectors while you're at a stoplight, you'll know it's just me being neighborly and all.
Damn....What a monumental waste of Jack Daniel's...on a Chevy no less.

falcongeorge

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2018, 07:53:10 PM »

The drugs that I've done have no relevance to the conversation here. And barring my future SCOTUS nomination, which I'm expecting any year now, anything I did back in highschool is sealed and privileged information. My friends can testify to my immaculately clean record, at least the ones who haven't disappeared under veiled circumstances.
Realistically, NONE of this had any relevance to the conversation here.... ::) ;D and my version of streetability relates pretty closely to Falcon67’s....but with hilborns... ;)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 07:59:08 PM by falcongeorge »

FElony

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2018, 08:09:25 PM »
  I do admit to once having a Joey Silvera signature series ‘stache, but my wife said I had to shave it off before she would marry me, and she has big t*ts, so I had to comply. This “alpha male” stuff only goes so far......

Evidently, only as far as the leading edge of big tits. BTW, beta boy, there is no asterisk in the spelling of "tits".

FElony

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2018, 08:16:55 PM »

Veiled, my butt. We'uns all see the two wheelguns and the ornery countenance. Ain't no secret whut varmint done in Billy Bob's Wedgie Gang. Good riddance, though, I heard they done hired out to Billary doing Arkanwedgies.

FElony

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2018, 08:20:02 PM »

Damn....What a monumental waste of Jack Daniel's...on a Chevy no less.

That's why I said only a half-bottle. I normally have chugged the first half before getting to any stoplight.

FElony

« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2018, 08:30:13 PM »
Realistically, NONE of this had any relevance to the conversation here.... ::) ;D and my version of streetability relates pretty closely to Falcon67’s....but with hilborns... ;)

Hilborns blah blah blah Chevy blah blah blah Insanity blah blah blah. Anytime you wanna get into a number-of-cars/parts on shelves contest just ante up. No beta male bets. Two ten-packs min.

As far as streetability, it all revolves around the ability to put the power to the asphalt. Money into the back end of the car first.

shady

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2018, 08:46:01 AM »
I like Hilborns. Even Hilborns on a SBC are OK. But if that Chevy is going in an early Ford? Instant douchebag.
2021 FERR cool FE Winner
2022 FERR cool FE Winner
2023 FERR cool FE Winner

cammerfe

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2018, 12:34:06 PM »
I like Hilborns. Even Hilborns on a SBC are OK. But if that Chevy is going in an early Ford? Instant douchebag.

Finally, something in this thread... Oh, well, forget it. It's all good!

KS

falcongeorge

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2018, 03:25:47 PM »
  I do admit to once having a Joey Silvera signature series ‘stache, but my wife said I had to shave it off before she would marry me, and she has big t*ts, so I had to comply. This “alpha male” stuff only goes so far......

Evidently, only as far as the leading edge of big tits. BTW, beta boy, there is no asterisk in the spelling of "tits".
I don’t post enough on here to know what will draw the ire of the mods, so I ere on the side of caution. ;)
Shady, steel ‘23 t roadster. I mention the steel to make sure everyone knows its a real ford.  ;) feel free to be offended.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 03:37:21 PM by falcongeorge »

FElony

« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2018, 05:06:42 PM »

I don’t post enough on here to know what will draw the ire of the mods, so I ere on the side of caution. ;)
Shady, steel ‘23 t roadster. I mention the steel to make sure everyone knows its a real ford.  ;) feel free to be offended.

Always capitalize the first letter in Phord. That's more important than tits. Or boobs. Or knockers. Or funbags. Face it, if I haven't been permanently banned yet, nobody else here has much to worry about.

And, good thing nobody here mentioned I have non-Fords, 'cuz I'd look a tad hypocritical. Might have hamstrung the onslaught. Nah, I don't have any ethics or morals, so what the hell.

Looks now like Kavanaugh is soon in for SCOTUS. Now we need to drop-kick Ginsberg into a mausoleum, where she should have been rotting 20 years ago, and get Doug Smith onto the bench.

falcongeorge

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2018, 07:00:24 PM »

Always capitalize the first letter in Phord. That's more important than tits. Or boobs. Or knockers. Or funbags. Face it, if I haven't been permanently banned yet, nobody else here has much to worry about.

And, good thing nobody here mentioned I have non-Fords, 'cuz I'd look a tad hypocritical. Might have hamstrung the onslaught. Nah, I don't have any ethics or morals, so what the hell.

Looks now like Kavanaugh is soon in for SCOTUS. Now we need to drop-kick Ginsberg into a mausoleum, where she should have been rotting 20 years ago, and get Doug Smith onto the bench.
Ethics and morals are over-rated, look how quick I shaved my moustache off for a girl with big tits. One of my friends said “hah, he’s whipped” to which I responded “yea, and Whos banging the Asian chick with big tits???” Priorititties....
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 07:04:07 PM by falcongeorge »

falcongeorge

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2018, 08:45:24 PM »

I’m tempted to ask what the non-fords are, but I am afraid it might involve Yugos...