Author Topic: The New FordFE Forum  (Read 16395 times)

Heo

• View Profile
Re: The New FordFE Forum
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2018, 11:09:38 AM »
I tried to register on the Cleveland forum now and the question asked about
a clevelands std bore i answered    Four inch...4 inch  wrong answer to many tryes
come back later   what is it 4.00 inch or what?

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

blykins

• View Profile
    • Lykins Motorsports
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2018, 11:57:03 AM »
4”

4.000”

It should take a couple different answers.

If you can’t get in, let me know.
Brent Lykins
Lykins Motorsports
Custom FE Street, Drag Race, Road Race, and Pulling Truck Engines
Custom Roller & Flat Tappet Camshafts
www.lykinsmotorsports.com
brent@lykinsmotorsports.com
www.customfordcams.com
502-759-1431
Instagram:  brentlykinsmotorsports
YouTube:  Lykins Motorsports

FElony

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2018, 02:22:04 PM »
...  I suppose I could do it, but I'm just not all that interested in those other engines, so it doesn't make a lot of sense for me to do it.  Am I wrong about this?

Yes. As mentioned, many guys here have that interest in other stuff. It's always nice to be able to yak amongst people you already know, rather than to keep jumping around to a different set of members every time. Also, much of the tech that involves the non-FE car is the same, so that still applies. When I formed my group (wow, has it been almost 20 years?) the primary emphasis was on FE's and 385's. However, the Charter rules allowed for Clevelands, MEL's, and Y's. The relatively small percentage of these threads was in no way distracting from the rest (keeping in mind that there were no subforums, either. All one category.)

With the degradation of sbftech.com, and the dissolution of N54 SBF, there is a hole open in the hobby. You yourself need not be involved if you don't want to. If you can resist the subliminal messages to build a 10,000 rpm 289, then good (or bad) for you. You can assign someone else to have admin over that section.

Looking at the forum index page now, I can see where the Drag Week subforums are looking dated and stale, and could probably be archived under one heading. An SBF (or "Other Ford Engines") topic would freshen the situation. Need not be anything "strange"; you are just adapting to a changing situation.

By the way, I see that there are "membership" options that you can pay for on the new FordFE forum.  Blatant money grab, along with all those old "Donation" buttons.  These forums hardly cost anything to run, and I think its disingenuous to solicit money from the members, when they really don't cost the owner anything...

I had a couple of phone conversations with Bob Sprowl, and this topic came up. I told him I don't have a problem with "donations" as long as it's not blatantly proffered. However, if an owner is going to accept some, he really should be active and show his "face" in that group on a regular basis, something that Anthony has failed to do from the get-go. Bob claimed that Anthony was really not interested in profiting, but... Hey, if a member wants to show support, then fine. I mean, look at FTE and similar. They are money making machines (in theory), but at least they do provide an extensive venue.

Anyway, it's your forum and your choice. Yes, somebody else could start his own, but then he's starting from scratch, and success is not guaranteed. Adding a subforum to one already going makes more sense. That's my take on the matter, Jay.

FElony

« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2018, 02:28:06 PM »
I've been hosting my Cleveland forum for quite a few years now.  We have about 350 members, lots of good dialogue.  FElony, you're welcome to hang out there.

I can hear it now. "FElony? Here? There goes the neighborhood." I can search for a linky when my crystal ball gets back from the shop.

FElony

« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2018, 02:31:36 PM »
More subliminal mind control SBF stuff:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1Quj8FEf_o

Ya know, you can always use the "Poll" function there, JB.

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2018, 04:49:09 PM »
Brent now im in 4" worked

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2018, 06:07:21 PM »
More subliminal mind control SBF stuff:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1Quj8FEf_o

Ya know, you can always use the "Poll" function there, JB.

A poll is a good idea, I will start one.
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2018, 10:27:39 PM »
Seems to me that any question about any Ford could be asked in the "Off Topic" sub-forum, not that there's anything wrong with dedicated sub-forums seeing as how we have Brent and Royce to cover some of the other engine types.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2018, 10:38:17 AM »
It costs me about $100 per year to host this forum, and I get a lot more value out of it than that, so I'm happy to pay the bills.  Seems like there ought to be any number of small block Ford enthusiasts who could do the same thing for a small block Ford forum.  I've thought about adding a subforum for Y-Blocks and MELs, but it seems like it would be strange to go to fepower.net and look for Y-Block or MEL stuff.  Same for a small block forum.  Since the bar for a new web site and forum is so low it seems like any number of people could start one up for one of those engine families.  I suppose I could do it, but I'm just not all that interested in those other engines, so it doesn't make a lot of sense for me to do it.  Am I wrong about this?

By the way, I see that there are "membership" options that you can pay for on the new FordFE forum.  Blatant money grab, along with all those old "Donation" buttons.  These forums hardly cost anything to run, and I think its disingenuous to solicit money from the members, when they really don't cost the owner anything...

It's the moderation IMHO.   I spend something like $140/yr for my own domain and web space and host a couple of other sites in that space.  I'm with godaddy right now and I can install phpBB or Simple Machines on the account if I so desired.  I have no time to manage such a thing at this time.  I have a wealth of SBF stuff here that could be good for drawing in people.  Takes a lot of time to create searchable databases, format pictures, build albums and such.  If I was "retired" - maybe.  That's not likely to happen any time soon LOL.  Maybe should have done it in the past as we've had a web presence since around 1995. 

FElony

« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2018, 03:01:05 PM »
I gotta love that Satan's Spawn Zuckerberg and his criminally invasive company is going down. I've been preaching against Facebook for years. Now Bezos is going down, but he'll be a tougher nut to crack. I wonder if it'll ever come out that TapaTalk is, in fact, the Chinese mining info from us? I think so.

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2018, 03:20:48 PM »
I wonder if it'll ever come out that TapaTalk is, in fact, the Chinese mining info from us? I think so.
LO F'n L, yeah I'm bettin' they can't get enough port and cam talk. Pretty funny.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon

FElony

« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2018, 06:24:35 PM »
I wonder if it'll ever come out that TapaTalk is, in fact, the Chinese mining info from us? I think so.
LO F'n L, yeah I'm bettin' they can't get enough port and cam talk. Pretty funny.

Grasshoppah, they push installation of their app on your mobile device, which has, for most people, an incredible amount of personal info on it. Still funny? Ha ha.  ;D ;D

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2018, 08:23:40 PM »
Still funny? Ha ha.  ;D ;D
Yes, it is.
Paranoia strikes deep.
Into your heart it will creep.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428

FElony

« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2018, 08:31:01 PM »
Still funny? Ha ha.  ;D ;D
Yes, it is.
Paranoia strikes deep.
Into your heart it will creep.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.  8)

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2018, 08:33:22 PM »
LOL
It starts when you're always afraid.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428