Author Topic: T-10 Transmission Value  (Read 2938 times)

mbrunson427

• View Profile
T-10 Transmission Value
« on: April 06, 2018, 09:30:55 AM »
I'm going to clean up my T-10 transmission this weekend and attempt to sell it and get it out of my garage. Came out of my '62 Galaxie. What's a reasonable asking price for this? I'm going to sell it with the shifter and all that good stuff.

Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

machoneman

• View Profile
Re: T-10 Transmission Value
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 12:01:31 PM »
Wow, now that's gonna require lots of elbow grease for sure!

I'd check some sites "for sale" sites for similar T-10 trannys. Some racer parts sites too. Can't even guess at $ yet a restorer would be interested.

Way too many modern 5-6 speed tranny options today have, I'll venture, killed the non-restorer crowd from any T-10, ST-10, M-21, M-22 etc., on using old school 4-speed trannys. 
Bob Maag

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 12:37:17 PM »
I've looked a few places, most are for Chevy's. I was thinking about putting it up on Craigslist for $500 to see if I got any bites.
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

MeanGene

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 12:47:27 PM »
Where are you located? I might be interested, just to have original stuff for mine. I have a nice T10 with a Hurst shifter, and a Gal shifter, original bell to the car etc, but yours is pretty complete. I have lots of trading material, including a 64 Gal toploader

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 01:02:37 PM »
I live in Denver, I think you're out East right?

I got the toploader a couple months ago, that's why this one is going away. I do need a bellhousing for it. I've also been looking around for a coolant expansion tank that's in good shape. Mine looks like a belt came free at some point and beat on the drivers side of it.
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

MeanGene

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 02:04:50 PM »
In Napa. Did you get sm block of big block toploader? Have several bells, depends on stuff. Hmmm...

cammerfe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2018, 10:59:35 PM »
Just a thought, but my '64 Custom/427 came from the factory with a T-10. I got it in February and it was still cold out when I twisted off the output shaft on a granny 1-2 shift and had to hitch-hike home one night. I replaced it with a big in-out Toploader, but that's another story.

KS

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2018, 06:06:50 AM »
At $500, I do agree that's a good starting point.

I've looked a few places, most are for Chevy's. I was thinking about putting it up on Craigslist for $500 to see if I got any bites.
Bob Maag

BruceS

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2018, 09:44:24 AM »
Brunson, for your expansion tank, try http://classicfordradiator.com.  They can rebuild and pressure test yours or build you a new one from parts they stock.  The owner is a Galaxie Club member and they do all radiator-related repairs.  I had them resolder and test my Galaxie expansion tank and they did an excellent job.  They also sold me a Griffin aluminum rad for a good price.  Bruce
66 Fairlane 500, 347-4V SB stroker, C4
63 Galaxie 500 fastback, 482 SO 4V, Cruise-O-Matic

TomP

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2018, 01:25:01 PM »
You definitely need to clean that.... before anyone could even identify it as a transmission.  :P

How many quarts of leaking oil did it take to do that?

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2018, 08:31:34 AM »
In Napa. Did you get sm block of big block toploader? Have several bells, depends on stuff. Hmmm...

E-mail me and I'll see if we can't work something out. mike.brunson at US Engineering.com
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2018, 08:32:51 AM »
Brunson, for your expansion tank, try http://classicfordradiator.com.  They can rebuild and pressure test yours or build you a new one from parts they stock.  The owner is a Galaxie Club member and they do all radiator-related repairs.  I had them resolder and test my Galaxie expansion tank and they did an excellent job.  They also sold me a Griffin aluminum rad for a good price.  Bruce

Thanks for the tip, I'll try them out. Mine isn't in bad shape, just has one side of it that took some abuse.
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2018, 08:38:01 AM »
You definitely need to clean that.... before anyone could even identify it as a transmission.  :P

How many quarts of leaking oil did it take to do that?

So I was going to start the car when I first got it to my place and in the garage. My uncle Bob drove the car into the storage shed in '94 when it was parked..... I figured it wouldn't take too much effort. I told him about my plans and he just shook his head, said it kills all the fun when you spend most your weekend cleaning up oil.
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com