Author Topic: 1 last project b4 I Quit . . 540" Twin Turbo Boss 9 for a daily pickup  (Read 22190 times)

TimeWarpF100

• View Profile
Still have My 482 '66 Pickup & numerous other FE's but thought it would be fun to build a real sleeper before I hang up the tools for good.

Would like to have had it a FE but for the HP level I wanted it was just not going to work. Mostly a parts avail issue and the bore stroke combo I was looking for.

Doing a Twin Turbo Boss 429 that will hopefully handle 3000 hp. Initially it will not be near that but the parts will be there . .

Uploading photo's now

TimeWarpF100

• View Profile
Starting from Bottom up:

Had a custom Stef's pan built to fit the Aluminum Block/large main caps and of course the pickup truck chassis. Hope I measured correctly. Note the Turbo oil return fittings on pan.

Of course one of the if not the best cranks avail. This one a Billet from Sonny Bryant with a 4.25 Stroke.

Connecting rods by Carrillo

Custom Hard coated Turbo Pistons from Diamond

I am off my "rocker"

And of course one has to start off with the proper block!

Exciting stuff for me at least. If interest will update MY "Final Build"

« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 06:44:08 PM by TimeWarpF100 »

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
Wow..... :o
Larry

Lenz

• View Profile
Anything that's this good apart is gonna be awesome together.  And into a pickup too- Nice 8)
Len Zielinski
'64 Galaxie 500 445 Toploader
'69 F100 300 stick

e philpott

• View Profile
some how I missed all the Cylinder Head shots ??? ...lol ... love B9's !!

Heo

• View Profile
The pan and crank looks to be real high quality parts

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

kraut61

• View Profile
 Is your place of employment hiring??? I think I need a new job.

KARL

ToddK

• View Profile
Is that an Eliminator block, or a Ford Motorsport?

TimeWarpF100

• View Profile
some how I missed all the Cylinder Head shots ??? ...lol ... love B9's !!

Heads are being machined now. Pics soon!

TimeWarpF100

• View Profile
Is that an Eliminator block, or a Ford Motorsport?

C & C Motorsports 10.320 block. The Eliminator Sportsman is only good for 1100 hp, HP Billet good for 1400hp, Eliminator Ultra is only good for 2000hp. And the premier 2500+ They are all for 17 bolt heads. A lot of details to work out yet but wanted all good stuff to start with in case decide to "turn it up" .  One still never knows what may happen but at least a bit of insurance.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 05:59:27 PM by TimeWarpF100 »

TimeWarpF100

• View Profile
Is your place of employment hiring??? I think I need a new job.

KARL

As long as you want to take average of what I have made for past 12 months that's good. Be here at 4:45 am in the morning to go over what you will be doing for the day. Any job you are given that you cannot handle $$ will be deducted accordingly.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 06:38:53 PM by TimeWarpF100 »

cjshaker

• View Profile
What....no 3 stage nitrous system? ;)

Almost seems a shame to hide those parts inside an engine. Stefs does some nice work!
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
Very, very cool.  Are you planning to put the turbos under the hood, or out back somewhere?
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

TimeWarpF100

• View Profile
What....no 3 stage nitrous system? ;)

Almost seems a shame to hide those parts inside an engine. Stefs does some nice work!

13 stages of nitrous with your finger on the buttons . . How many stages will you dare use in a old pickup? LOL ;D :o ::)

TimeWarpF100

• View Profile
Very, very cool.  Are you planning to put the turbos under the hood, or out back somewhere?

Hoping to fit it all under the hood. Its been a waiting game. I wanted the block & heads first so I could start building the headers and turbo mounting. Getting it fit in truck.

Its been one of those wait wait wait games. 6 Months since payment and parts are finally starting to show up. Heads I am told are getting machined now.

At the mercy of parts vendor's now.  Supposed to be end of march early april at the latest. But we all know how that goes!