Author Topic: Upgrades to my R-code Mach 1...  (Read 43095 times)

Heo

• View Profile
Re: Upgrades to my R-code Mach 1...
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2019, 01:28:41 PM »
Joe, Are you talking about the blue and silver Shelby i posted?
It was a "Lokal hero". A Shelby with a S.O.H.C pics are from 70-80s sometime.
Was a older guy, Ture Ström who had it he also had a 62-63 T-Bird with a Turbo
FE  long, long before turbo was popular in passenger cars probably in the 70s

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2019, 03:11:08 PM »
Doug, I would love to make a visit and have more time then
last visit

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 21, 2019, 08:31:55 PM »
Doug if I remember correctly you didn’t need much to get into the 11s. I’m gonna be rooting for ya, it’s cool and a good feeling when your hard work pays off. I just wish I could be there.

Joe, Are you talking about the blue and silver Shelby i posted?
It was a "Lokal hero". A Shelby with a S.O.H.C pics are from 70-80s sometime.
Was a older guy, Ture Ström who had it he also had a 62-63 T-Bird with a Turbo
FE  long, long before turbo was popular in passenger cars probably in the 70s

Yes that’s what I was talking about Heo. He made like a split bumper like a Camero.

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 21, 2019, 10:09:27 PM »
Doug if I remember correctly you didn’t need much to get into the 11s. I’m gonna be rooting for ya, it’s cool and a good feeling when your hard work pays off. I just wish I could be there.

Despite consistent 115 mph trap speeds, I've only managed a 12.2 (at Drag Week) because of my lousy 60' times. Still having traction issues doesn't help either, so I'm hoping to make some progress there as well. But you know the Beaver is uphill, so not sure how much that will show up.

Why can't you make it this year, Joe?
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2019, 06:16:02 AM »
I had posted before but a month ago I hurt my back and my disc is sitting on a nerve and my right leg is numb. I had to go on comp which sucks.
So Im waiting for a surgery date. So I dont think it would look good If I went racing. You never now who is watching. I had got rushed to the hospital the pain was astronomical, the closest thing I could compare it to was I had kidney stones once. So I will have to rely on you guys to keep me informed. (I would appreciate it). But good luck I think you get your 2 tenths just by your RPMs being kept up. I thought you ran a 12.20 at the beaver. You took it for a ride right what do you think??. I also got my BT 2x4 intake on was hoping to sneak into the 10s.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 05:50:45 PM by Stangman »

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 22, 2019, 08:35:43 PM »
I had posted before but a month ago I hurt my back and my disc is sitting on a nerve and my right leg is numb. I had to go on comp which sucks.
So Im waiting for a surgery date. So I dont think it would look good If I went racing. You never now who is watching. I had got rushed to the hospital the pain was astronomical, the closest thing I could compare it to was I had kidney stones once. So I will have to rely on you guys to keep me informed. (I would appreciate it). But good luck I think you get your 2 tenths just by your RPMs being kept up. I thought you ran a 12.20 at the beaver. You took it for a ride right what do you think??. I also got my BT 2x4 intake on was hoping to sneak into the 10s.

I remember about your back now. Been pretty scatter brained lately with trying to get stuff done. I hope all goes well with everything. Having a hurt back is the worst injury, because it affects every movement you make. Last year they had a live stream of the Reunion racing at Beaver. Maybe they'll have it again this year and you can watch?

I think the fastest I ever ran at Beaver is a 12.5. I haven't had the best luck there, with shifts or traction. I took it for another drive today, and maybe it's just me, but the car feels much quicker with the 3.19 first gear. It accelerates much better! Of course the cool 60* spring air this morning certainly didn't hurt..lol 

On a side note, I was double clutching today on easy shifts, and it's super quiet with no gear clash. Just like shifting my Dads old unsynchronized '48 F1 truck. That is obviously the way to go when driving this trans on the street.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 22, 2019, 09:40:27 PM »
Well there’s a few guys that I’ll be watching you’ll be one of them. Good luck.

JERICOGTX

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 26, 2019, 11:07:17 AM »
Looks good Doug. Rule #1 for a Jerico trans. The harder you are on it, the longer it will last... Do NOT lift on gear changes. When driving through the pits, always use second gear only.

What gear ratios did you end up with? Hopefully something like a 3.09 first.

Can't wait to use my Jerico trans again.

Jeff