Author Topic: Scat crankshaft  (Read 5650 times)

Gregwill16

• View Profile
Re: Scat crankshaft
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2020, 08:46:29 PM »
That makes the decision very easy for you at that price.

The Real McCoy

• View Profile
Re: Scat crankshaft
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2020, 09:31:07 PM »
I think you already paid about $600 for the Scat crank that is giving you the problem.  If they want almost another $1500 for a complete 462 stroker kit that puts you around $2100. That’s about the going rate on the kit so I don’t see a huge savings.  I guess you didn’t say if they were letting you keep the crank your having problems with, if they are then it’s not a bad deal.

I also don’t quite buy the deal that aftermarket pistons are required......, 3 years ago I bought a Scat 462 stroker kit that come with Mahle pistons and had the same issue, crankshaft counterweight hitting the piston pin boss. I was working with Barry and he took care of it for me by getting a different crankshaft.  Seems Like I still keep hearing about this problem popping up. I think you need to have a heart to heart talk with whoever supplied the crankshaft. 

Hang in there and post end result.
63 1/2 Galaxie 500
428 CJ Stroker with 427 2x4 Intake, 427 Long Exhaust Manifolds, Quick Fuel Carbs and TKO 600.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it’s what we know for sure that just ain’t so."                            Mark Twain