Author Topic: Positive spin  (Read 12243 times)

57 lima bean

Re: Positive spin
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2020, 01:32:26 PM »
From 2009...appropriate and too funny  ..  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pITKT88hJaU       

The above post was based on this.....more humor   https://twitter.com/weijia/status/1239923246801334283
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 03:46:10 PM by 57 lima bean »

Jim Comet

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2020, 02:04:34 PM »
I went up to our local butcher in my home town of Delano, pop 5000 and he was sold out of bacon. Why? because he had people coming in and buying up to 30lbs of it at a time! Now I can't get my pound of bacon until next week! Jim

FElony

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2020, 02:08:12 PM »
From 2009...appropriate and too funny  ..  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pITKT88hJaU

It is funny. The like/dislike was at 0/0. I think the guys here should upvote this video if for no other reason than to confuse the hell out of the uploader.

FElony

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2020, 02:11:09 PM »
I went up to our local butcher in my home town of Delano, pop 5000 and he was sold out of bacon. Why? because he had people coming in and buying up to 30lbs of it at a time! Now I can't get my pound of bacon until next week! Jim

That's horrifying. If there's one thing I know for certain about this dystopian debacle, it's that I can survive for years if need be on nothing but bacon and Jack Daniels. Mmmm...bacon.  :P :P :P

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2020, 02:26:23 PM »
I don't think any government is being honest with there reports. Remember a few weeks ago it was said this was a hoax created to influence elections? We need to look to positive level headed leadership. Trouble is we won't find it in any one born in the last 2,020 years. More affordable fuel is a plus.

Out here on the outskirts of Roswell we have some advantages. In the country we have some room to move around and a little less risk. We've had time to learn that our German Shepherd is the only dog chewing up our trees. He won't hurt his toy pig or rope ball though. See far right of photo

https://roswell.craigslist.org/zip/d/roswell-one-free-crutch/7092748181.html

EDIT: A big plus about being at home more is getting to know our children better and learning how much we have missed from over working. Those of you in the parcel business hopefully get a break as well.   https://youtu.be/mEmIE1c9O64

Stepson have a German Shepard. She was running lose around here when we swapped headers on his Fairlane.
I think she found every stick in the village and collected them on a spot in the yard and tore the bark completely
of a Birch stump 3 feet high i left when i cut down the tree ;D

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

Thumperbird

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2020, 04:52:56 PM »
That's a relief Heo, when I first started reading your response to the bacon shortage I thought maybe the dog went missing...

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2020, 05:59:04 PM »
That's a relief Heo, when I first started reading your response to the bacon shortage I thought maybe the dog went missing...

No but i once had a dog that came home with a pack of Bacon ;D.  And once a chicken that she buried in the stable
where the horse had pissed. I was shoveling out the saw dust and got that chicken on the fork all purple, covered in sawdust,
 the wings looked like ears and the  hole where they emptied the chicken looked like the
mouth. I seriously thought it was the head of a strangled kid :o. it was a hair raising experience while i stared at it the
dog came running and grabbed it and run away with it. I wistled her to stop run over and saw what it was. puhhhh what a
relief. So i let her have it, i guess it was tasty marinated in horse piss ;D

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

Thumperbird

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2020, 09:45:12 AM »
Well I can't beat that story, good for a laugh!

Used to have a great dane, not just any great dane, 175 pounds, 38" at the shoulder, long neck, good size head.
One evening preparing for dinner we placed a freshly baked whole chicken on the "center" of the kitchen table, made the mistake of turning away for a moment only to turn around and see the dang dog had the whole chicken in his mouth and was turning to walk away.  Yelled "no" out of natural habit and sure enough the obedient dog let go, chicken dropped almost 4' hit the floor and splattered grease everywhere.  He had a good treat for a few days after.

I've had enough of dogs for a while but this one was special, when up on his hind legs he would place his front legs on your shoulders and his nose could nearly touch an 8' ceiling I kid you not, coolest animal ever.  Don't ask me how many times people asked "do you ride it?"  Gentle giant was true to the bone, dog was 1/2 human without the lip.

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2020, 11:48:17 AM »
Should put our package of bacon up in trade for a nice 750DP.  Stopped by Sams and a local market for a few things and all the meat and pasta was missing.  WTF.  Got plenty of food from our regular stops last week, so it's not a problem.  Normal trip to Sams has cases of the big bacon packages that very few pick up.  Too big, almost can't run though one of the double packs unless you eat it every day.  Now - boom, gone.  You'd think the whole county would smell like frying bacon.  :lol:

Gregwill16

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2020, 11:51:27 AM »
Lol, we need "like" buttons on here Jay.

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2020, 12:28:43 PM »
Should put our package of bacon up in trade for a nice 750DP.  Stopped by Sams and a local market for a few things and all the meat and pasta was missing.  WTF.  Got plenty of food from our regular stops last week, so it's not a problem.  Normal trip to Sams has cases of the big bacon packages that very few pick up.  Too big, almost can't run though one of the double packs unless you eat it every day.  Now - boom, gone.  You'd think the whole county would smell like frying bacon.  :lol:

I do my best to eradicate the world of Swine Flu by eliminating all the bacon that I can.  8)
Seriously though, everyone should have some amount (a few weeks at minimum) of dehydrated and canned/jarred foods on hand because you never know when something will happen to disrupt the food supply. It's something that almost all people did up until the last 50 years or so, because older generations knew that bad stuff occasionally happens. Now, most people are lucky to have enough food to get by a week, let alone several. I'd like to think that people will get smart about this stuff again....but I'm a realist, and I know that's not gonna happen anytime soon. ::)

I'm not saying it's gonna happen now, because supply chains are still up and running, but if you want to see a level of chaos that we've only had nightmares and movies about, stop the supply of food for 2-4 weeks. I know, it's "doomsday" stuff, but a smart person prepares for the unexpected. Victims react to it.

Edit: Sorry, Marc. There is no positive spin on a lack of bacon. That's serious!  ;)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 12:36:31 PM by cjshaker »
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

Gregwill16

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2020, 01:04:46 PM »
Unfortunately we have a couple generations that think all they need is a smart phone.

57 lima bean

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2020, 01:23:51 PM »
   Positive spin.Help from Germany.Lets go for a drive.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zU2Q-Yc5zg

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2020, 01:37:18 PM »
That brought back a few memories. And a smile.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon

FElony

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2020, 01:44:40 PM »
   Positive spin.Help from Germany.Lets go for a drive.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zU2Q-Yc5zg

Hey, great music to listen to while you're "processing" the 10 lbs of bacon you ate, and only have 3 years worth of toilet paper hoarded away.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1GTcIS-8s0