Author Topic: Positive spin  (Read 12262 times)

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
Re: Positive spin
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2020, 02:26:39 PM »
             We've already lost .00000023 of the population of our country so far.
                                  https://percentagecalculator.net/

Our death rate as a percentage is almost a .5% higher than China.  People keep posted flu rates on Facebook - when you work the numbers in the related percentages of infections vs deaths, we could lose over 1,000,000 people. 

chris401

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2020, 09:50:31 PM »
Best thing we can do is to obey the authorities 100% and never cut corners. Even if we are fine we can still carry it to others.

FElony

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2020, 10:09:59 PM »
             We've already lost .00000023 of the population of our country so far.
                                  https://percentagecalculator.net/

Our death rate as a percentage is almost a .5% higher than China.  People keep posted flu rates on Facebook - when you work the numbers in the related percentages of infections vs deaths, we could lose over 1,000,000 people.

You don't actually believe the figures or anything else China says, do you? You do know that Covid-19 attacks ACE2 receptors, which are far far far more concentrated in Asians, right? You realize that the handful of non-Asians that have died had underlying immune system and respiratory problems? You can figure the China official numbers to be deflated by as much as 100 times. You can be assured that the number of Chinese that died due to extreme quarantine measures and mistakes probably outnumber the fatalities of those who succumbed to the virus itself.

You see the millions of deaths each year attributed to "regular" influenza? Where the heck did they go, on vacation? How many non-Covid deceased have been added to to Covid numbers to fuel the panic pandemic narrative? Why does no media ask questions like this? Because "they" want to bend us over more.

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2020, 10:36:19 PM »
Agreed about the Chinese numbers.
Does anyone really think they spent a fortune and shut down their economy over a few thousand deaths?

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2020, 10:37:26 PM »
I think we all get it, there’s a lot going on.
That numbers game doesn’t negate the effect that this calamity will have on good workin’ folk that just want to put food on the table.
The name of this thread is “positive spin”. ;)
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon

FElony

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2020, 10:47:04 PM »
That numbers game doesn’t negate the effect that this calamity will have on good workin’ folk that just want to put food on the table.

The positive part is that this is going to help the administration's push to return more manufacturing to the U.S. Happy now?   ;)

FElony

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2020, 10:51:31 PM »
Agreed about the Chinese numbers.
Does anyone really think they spent a fortune and shut down their economy over a few thousand deaths?

Exactly. They'd never notice. Hundreds of scooter pilots a day get mushed by heavy trucks in China. No biggie.

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2020, 11:06:43 PM »
Happy now?   ;)
There ya go. That wasn’t to hard was it?
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2020, 04:28:42 AM »
The Swedish TP manufacturers have busy days so for them it is positive i guess
But....In three months wounder how many rolls they can sell when the hoarders
are using their enough for five year stash ;D
There is about one product we don't import and that's TP. We have a paper mill
in almost every coastal town and the country is covered with forest 70-80 percent
So yes absolutely we need to hoard TP ;D ;D
I was shopping the other day and the cashier ,Funny thing i have no idea who she is
never seen her before, opened up with. So do you drive your Impala today?, Impala
now I'm offended i said ;D. Sorry...ehm ehmm Ga..Galax was it? and she started to
chat and told me it had been crazy with TP and Pasta hoarders  they get new shipments
and its sold out in a few hours. But the sale of real food like meat have plumeted l its like people
use all their money for TP  ::)

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2020, 06:56:55 AM »

They've already shuttered the university where I work, for the rest of the school year, and there's already talk about possible layoffs of the blue collars. I certainly can't afford that. Luckily, I've got 29 years of seniority, but that's no guarantee of anything.

The positive spin? I haven't seen the roads this deserted around here since I was a highschool kid. That means I don't have to deal with and worry about all the idiots, and I'll be much safer on the bikes this Spring! :)
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2020, 07:22:59 AM »
Yeah Doug, LA is a very strange place these days. It looks like the ‘60s on the highways.
Very easy to get around.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428

babybolt

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2020, 08:41:12 AM »
At least gas is cheap so you can afford to drive an FE.  Heard one place in Ohio had it for $1.54.

chris401

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2020, 09:53:57 AM »
I don't think any government is being honest with there reports. Remember a few weeks ago it was said this was a hoax created to influence elections? We need to look to positive level headed leadership. Trouble is we won't find it in any one born in the last 2,020 years. More affordable fuel is a plus.

Out here on the outskirts of Roswell we have some advantages. In the country we have some room to move around and a little less risk. We've had time to learn that our German Shepherd is the only dog chewing up our trees. He won't hurt his toy pig or rope ball though. See far right of photo

https://roswell.craigslist.org/zip/d/roswell-one-free-crutch/7092748181.html

EDIT: A big plus about being at home more is getting to know our children better and learning how much we have missed from over working. Those of you in the parcel business hopefully get a break as well.   https://youtu.be/mEmIE1c9O64
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 10:09:36 AM by chris401 »

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2020, 10:33:13 AM »
We've had time to learn that our German Shepherd is the only dog chewing up our trees. He won't hurt his toy pig or rope ball though. See far right of photo

https://roswell.craigslist.org/zip/d/roswell-one-free-crutch/7092748181.html

That's funny! And caught in the act...lol And the add itself is funny.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

gt350hr

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2020, 11:51:06 AM »
  Out here in So Cal our freeway off ramps are often manned by homeless begging or offering ice cold bottled water for a buck. Yesterday I saw one with Toilet Paper for a buck a roll. That is enterprise at it's best! More people are killed in traffic accidents than from the Corona virus. I'm not mocking this because it is a serious concern , BUT everyone doesn't die from this virus . This panic is ridiculous.