Author Topic: FE Race and Reunion who is going !!  (Read 14486 times)

cjshaker

• View Profile
Re: FE Race and Reunion who is going !!
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2019, 02:00:36 PM »
I don't know. I'm hoping to work out a deal with a used one from a forum member in the very near future. If I do, I can get it in in time and just use the regular Hurst shifter for now. My new, and hopefully final plan, is to get a Jerico for my current engine combo, and get a G-Force 101A for the newer combo. The Jerico will hold up fine with my current engine without the risk of needing hard-to-find used parts. The newer combo will break it eventually, and I don't want the hassle of finding extinct parts.

I don't know what it is about Beaver that I miss shifts. Maybe it's the inexperience coupled with having to use the line-lok to hold the car on the line, while trying to remember all the things I need to do to get a decent launch. I actually forgot to release the line-lok a couple of times and drug the front tires. Starting out uphill, in a manual trans car, on a drag strip, with an inexperienced driver, is like having 4 strikes against me before I even get to the batters box..lol
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2019, 02:27:11 PM »
I had sold one to Scotia FE a year or two ago it had 20 to 25 passes on it Doug.  Who knew?

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2019, 02:38:28 PM »
Joe, it's only taken me like 5 years to make a decision..lol  I research stuff until I can't see straight, then research some more before making a decision. I can't afford to spend thousands of dollars on something, only to find out I should have gone a different route. You know the saying...cry but once.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

John67427

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2019, 02:39:17 PM »
Going this year. Hoping weather cooperates!!!

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2019, 05:11:36 PM »
Im not sure hes using it. It was brand new with vertical gate shifter. I think they said it was good for between 1000 and 1200 horsepower. It was behind 800 horse.

John nice car I was parked next to a beautiful baby blue fairlane last year.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 05:13:51 PM by Stangman »

Barry_R

• View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2019, 06:36:12 PM »
Obviously I go every year.  I only take the car out once or twice per year plus a test & tune or two - Beaver is the main event.  And it ain't been a real friendly track to me either.  I finally got a good single pass in last year with the four speed after three years of trying.  Car still launches like a tugboat (sorry if that offends Drew...).  I understand that some track and equipment improvements have been made over the past year - - maybe I should just leave at 7500 and let it either rip in two or fly...

fekbmax

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2019, 08:26:22 PM »
Barry,  is your top loader crash boxed ?
If you dont mind me asking, what kind of clutch are you using?
Is it fairly easy to make changes ?
Keith.  KB MAX Racing.

Barry_R

• View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2019, 04:38:43 AM »
Its a face plated wide ratio big in/big out - 27" long unit.  Started out as a new Kee piece with synchros until I realized you can't shift a synchro top loader at 7500 RPM.  Had Liberty face plate it and it shifts pretty good at WOT now with a H pattern Super Shifter.  Clutch is a Tim Hyatt modified McLeod Soft-Loc.  Its working well but there is a lot of tuning opportunity to improve things and I don't get out enough to learn it.

Been thinking really hard about this swapping stuff out for a twin disc and Magnum six speed so I can drive it around on the street and get some use out of the car instead of just looking at the darn thing every weekend.

GJCAT427

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2019, 08:59:35 AM »
Well I `m planning on going. I hope I get the galaxie up and running. The bottom end is being balanced as I write. Got my tow vehicles squared away, so I can concentrate on the engine swap for the galaxie. If it does not happen I`ll bring the red 56 F100. Garry

ec164

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2019, 02:11:53 PM »
Well this is a Great subject, and good hearing the stories. Oh how I can relate to things not going perfect! If weather looks right I'll tow mine, otherwise I'll just drive my daily driver and visit or help who I can! Raincoat,umbrella,gloves,warmer clothes travel with me always as I work outside. Opportunity to meet and visit with you all in person at least once per year would be a shame not to follow up on, especially with all the hard work of planning that goes into it.
 The Comet is dialed in better, weather permitting I'll get at least two test sessions before the FERR to tweak the issues I'm still dealing with, building a new car and combination at once is exhausting, but what I've learned with what's still to learn makes it all worthwhile, and has taught me to appreciate listening(reading) what Jay,Blair, Barry,Kuntz,Jeff Colvert, plus many others in their conversations tell us. Priceless.........................Al
You're ahead in a Mercury......all the way

dmazz

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2019, 08:48:05 AM »
Plan to be back this year after missing the last 3 years. We went in 13,14 and 15. Only 145 miles from the house, nice ride.
66 Fairlane GT 427 4 speed Black
67 Mustang Coupe K Code Vintage Burgandy
93 Lightning Black

Red Lehr

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2019, 08:13:14 PM »
Can't wait for this year after missing last year.  We're bound to have one of those 70 - 75 degree weekends one of these years.
Good weather or bad, it's just great to be there and see everyone.

fekbmax

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2019, 09:13:42 PM »
I'll be there with some fe stuff and some bbf Lima stuff as well. Hopefully I dont get kicked off the property..
Keith.  KB MAX Racing.

FirstEliminator

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2019, 12:51:12 AM »
Last year was my first time. I came down with a group of friends from Connecticut. Chances are I will probably not have a car to bring, but the stars may align for my 68 Colony Park. It was an awesome event. Wish I started a few years earlier. I will be a regular now.
Mark
Berkshire Transmissions
North Adams, Massachusetts

70 Cougar XR-7 460 C-6
70 Cougar XR-7 conv 351c 4v FMX
69 Cougar SS 351w AOD
69 Cougar Sunroof Eliminator 351w FMX
69 Cougar XR-7 390 C-6
68 Monterey 390 C-6
68 Monterey conv 390 C-6
64 Montclair Marauder 390 Merc-O
58 Monterey 383 Merc-O
58 Parklane 430 MultiDrive
68 Colony Park 428 C-6
68 Colony Park 390 C-6
58 Parklane 430 MultiDrive
70 Cougar Eliminator 351c 4 speed
I don't feel like a hoarder.

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2019, 04:30:23 PM »
Mark, it took me too long to recognize you all clean shaven!!  Hope you do make it down again.
Larry