Author Topic: FE Race and Reunion who is going !!  (Read 14529 times)

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
Re: FE Race and Reunion who is going !!
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2019, 08:47:08 AM »
Gave the wagon some love time this weekend.  Clutch and transmission are back in.  Oil changed.  Just need to screw new plugs in and it's ready?  Wow.  Needs a good bath.

Mack is coming along also.  Oil changed, oil leak in the filter housing fixed.  New doors on, windows installed.  Just need to tidy up a few things and really, really good bath!!!

Time is creeping up fast.....
Larry

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2019, 12:48:17 PM »
Time is creeping up fast.....

No kidding. I haven't even gotten the wheels back on and the car uncovered yet ::)  Weather has been too cold to work out in the garage, but it looks like I'll be taking Wednesday off to start the work (sunny and mid 50s). Gotta get it situated and jacked up to pull the tranny out. Got new shift rods for the Jerico made up, put on and adjusted, and the shifter cleaned up and lubed so it works properly. Hoping it'll be a smooth process since it has the same Ford 10 spline input that I currently have. Have to go through the carb on the truck, and finish plumbing up my long distance "fuel cell" in the back, but otherwise not much else to do except go over everything for safeties sake.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

chilly460

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2019, 12:55:21 PM »
Got some fuel system issues sorted on the Marauder and got it cranked up this weekend.  Knock on wood, ahead of schedule this year, trailer's already inspected and just booked a room, after missing last year wanted to make sure everything was buttoned up. 

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2019, 01:34:22 PM »
I was going to split the case on the GF5R, but after inspecting the shifter mount I found the three bolts were loose.  Hmmm.  I was going to try to find stronger detent springs to help keep it in first gear.  Tended to just slip out if under very light load while driving around the pits.  Well, the shifter being loose might have something to do with it??  I tightened everything and readjusted the rods/stops and now it feels firmer in gear.  So I just jammed it back under the car(ugh, that things is HEAVY!!).

It's gone from 12 weeks, to 8 weeks, to 4 weeks!  Yikes.
Larry

GJCAT427

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2019, 04:56:08 AM »
Been Slowly working on the new motor for the Galaxie. Hit a snag with the cam and I need to get better shafts for the rockers. Looks like the 56 F100 is defiantly going. Larry you really put new doors on the Mack! Wow it won`t know how to act. See ya there.

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2019, 07:42:17 AM »
Yup, genuine, NOS door shells.  I've had them since I bought the truck.  Just finally got them painted and put on.

New glass, fuzzies, door seals,  mirror brackets painted, the whole kit and kabootle.  I am maybe going to get the hood painted too?  If there is time.  I have a line on another cab, so that will be in the works, some day, some year.
Larry

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2019, 09:40:33 AM »
Got wagon running last night.   Life is good.  It's back on its wheels, ready for a wash job.

The Mack is mobile also.  Got it out of the garage the other night.  Pulled an axle to measure the 4" retaining nut to remove the hubs.  I borrowed a socket the last time, but it's time to buy one.  Amazon to the rescue!  $30, free shipping, should be here today.  Need to investigate the RR brake that is hanging up.  Since it's old school dayton wheels, I have to pull the hub to get behind the brake drums.  Late model stuff with Budd hubs and outboard drums would have made it easier.  Again, someday I'll get it converted.
Larry

6667fan

• Every Second Counts
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2019, 08:34:41 PM »
Pistons have been ordered for my next version of a 427 stroker. Got a cam and lifters from Brent and some heads from Barry. Keeping my fingers crossed that my new engine builder will come through.
JB
JB

67 Fairlane 500
482 cid 636/619.
Tunnel Wedge, Survival EMC CNC heads, Lykins Custom Hydraulic Roller, Ram adjustable clutch, Jerico 4-spd, Strange third member with Detroit Locker, 35 spline axles, 4.86
10.68@125.71 1.56 60’

FirstEliminator

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2019, 05:46:21 PM »
3 1/2 weeks is going to get here really fast. The engine is still out of the wagon. Guess I'll keep burning the midnight oil.
Mark
Berkshire Transmissions
North Adams, Massachusetts

70 Cougar XR-7 460 C-6
70 Cougar XR-7 conv 351c 4v FMX
69 Cougar SS 351w AOD
69 Cougar Sunroof Eliminator 351w FMX
69 Cougar XR-7 390 C-6
68 Monterey 390 C-6
68 Monterey conv 390 C-6
64 Montclair Marauder 390 Merc-O
58 Monterey 383 Merc-O
58 Parklane 430 MultiDrive
68 Colony Park 428 C-6
68 Colony Park 390 C-6
70 Cougar Eliminator 351c 4 speed
I don't feel like a hoarder.

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2019, 09:27:03 PM »
3 1/2 weeks is going to get here really fast. The engine is still out of the wagon. Guess I'll keep burning the midnight oil.

I just lit the lamp tonight..lol  Finally warming up here, so uncovered it and took the battery maintainer off tonight, got the wheels on it and ready to start it tomorrow and turn it around and jack it up to pull the transmission. I really need to get a lift. Working on my back isn't as easy as it used to be. :(

Then prepare the trailer by unloading the tractor that's in it for the winter, go through the brakes and check safety stuff, then get the truck fired up and pulled out, then finish the fuel tank on it and go through the carb, then..... ::)
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

FirstEliminator

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2019, 07:01:54 AM »
Pistons have been ordered for my next version of a 427 stroker. Got a cam and lifters from Brent and some heads from Barry. Keeping my fingers crossed that my new engine builder will come through.
JB

Hey Jim, this engine is planned for Beaver Springs this year? Like me you are cutting it close. 
Mark
Berkshire Transmissions
North Adams, Massachusetts

70 Cougar XR-7 460 C-6
70 Cougar XR-7 conv 351c 4v FMX
69 Cougar SS 351w AOD
69 Cougar Sunroof Eliminator 351w FMX
69 Cougar XR-7 390 C-6
68 Monterey 390 C-6
68 Monterey conv 390 C-6
64 Montclair Marauder 390 Merc-O
58 Monterey 383 Merc-O
68 Colony Park 428 C-6
68 Colony Park 390 C-6
70 Cougar Eliminator 351c 4 speed
I don't feel like a hoarder.

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2019, 08:56:42 AM »
I really need to get a lift. Working on my back isn't as easy as it used to be. :(

That was my thought last week as I wrestled that GF5R in the wagon.  Took me quite a bit longer then usual to get it stuck in there.  Had to crawl out a few times and take a break and get my back/arms straightened out and then crawl under and go at it again.
Larry

Leny Mason

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2019, 08:19:38 AM »
Got wagon running last night.   Life is good.  It's back on its wheels, ready for a wash job.

The Mack is mobile also.  Got it out of the garage the other night.  Pulled an axle to measure the 4" retaining nut to remove the hubs.  I borrowed a socket the last time, but it's time to buy one.  Amazon to the rescue!  $30, free shipping, should be here today.  Need to investigate the RR brake that is hanging up.  Since it's old school dayton wheels, I have to pull the hub to get behind the brake drums.  Late model stuff with Budd hubs and outboard drums would have made it easier.  Again, someday I'll get it converted.

Larry On My Mack I took all the hubs and had them nickle plated, the front the back and the trailer hubs all nickle and they were rusty in six months a lot of work and money, as you know they are heavy, I am planning to go to Beaver Springs next year. Leny Mason