Author Topic: FE Race and Reunion who is going !!  (Read 14564 times)

Faron

• Dist Recurve Service l TotalPerfEntofPa@aol.com
    • View Profile

My427stang

• View Profile
Re: FE Race and Reunion who is going !!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 02:43:01 PM »
Trying hard this year, as we hope the 461CJ we are doing will be ready too.  If it is, I will bring mine and my buddy will bring the 461 and we'll play around a bit. 

---------------------------------
Ross
Bullock's Power Service, LLC
- 70 Fastback Mustang, 489 cid FE, Victor, SEFI, Erson SFT cam, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11 9 inch.
- 71 F100 shortbed 4x4, 461 cid FE, headers, Victor Pro-flo EFI, Comp Custom HFT cam, 3.50 9 inch

fekbmax

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 04:04:05 PM »
I'll be there..
Keith.  KB MAX Racing.

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 05:03:07 PM »
I will be there, with my new FE Power cylinder heads and induction package, assuming all goes according to plan...
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

Bolted to Floor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 05:24:04 PM »
I wish I could make it....maybe next year.
John D -- 67 Mustang 390 5 speed

WerbyFord

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 05:54:24 PM »
A cant Miss Event !!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2388064727902041&set=gm.1978210888901280&type=3&theater

What are the dates/schedule?
I have to use a special machine to get on Facebook, its such a hog & so, unpredictable.

thatdarncat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 06:08:16 PM »
A cant Miss Event !!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2388064727902041&set=gm.1978210888901280&type=3&theater

What are the dates/schedule?
I have to use a special machine to get on Facebook, its such a hog & so, unpredictable.

Friday April 26th & Sat April 27th 2019.
Kevin Rolph

1967 Cougar Drag Car ( under constuction )
1966 7 litre Galaxie
1966 Country Squire 390
1966 Cyclone GT 390
1968 Torino GT 390
1972 Gran Torino wagon
1978 Lincoln Mk V

Joe66GT

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2019, 06:35:53 PM »
Looks like the staging lanes have changed? Hope to make it there this year. Joe S.

plovett

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2019, 08:01:05 PM »
I am trying to make my car highway-worthy with gear, converter, and cam changes, but I won't make it this year.  I am going to try for next year.

paulie

fekbmax

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2019, 11:35:24 PM »
I'm looking forward to it, i had to leave early last year cause my wife had been taken to the hospital.  I'm hoping 2019 is gonna be better for sure. Lost my best friend in may, my shop got broken into in July, my wife passed in October, someone poisoned my big ol Tom cat in November, my long time friend and machinist passed the Friday before Christmas,  his step daughter wont let anyone on the property to get any of there stuff, lucky all I have over there is a 391 truck block and a fe torque plate but yeah I want it back.. So yeah, I'm hoping to be there and hoping 2019 is a much better year. Wish I had a good enough rig to get the car there, I'd love to air it out up in the hills. Hoping for some 8.50's at sea level this spring before abandoning my present combination. Then I'll believe in 2019.. Looking forward to the reunion for sure, hope to see some of you guys there.
Keith.  KB MAX Racing.

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2019, 12:02:04 AM »
Dang, Keith. I'm really sorry to hear about your wife. I thought I was having a bad year, but that is horrible. I've spent the last 2 weeks in ICU with my 78 year old Mom after her having brain surgery. She finally woke up and spoke tonight, a week after the surgery. Here's to a better year...

I plan on going this year. Still looking to do some harm to the weather people who were predicting crappy weather last year, but I suppose it's a crapshot every year.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

fekbmax

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2019, 12:20:53 AM »
Prayers to your mom, my mom is 81 and doing really well, she is my rock, I dont think I coulda made it without her.
I hope you make it this year, missed you last year. Maybe by next year I'll have a rig good enough that I will trust to make the haul. Had planned on renting a truck to pull the old gooseneck chaparral but with everything going on I dont think its gonna happen this year. I'll be there with some junk though so everyone bring cash cause the price is gonna be right and I hope to unload or trade off some stuff.
I wish your mom well Doug, take care...
Keith.  KB MAX Racing.

centredautomag

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2019, 12:17:10 PM »
We will be there again this year to good to miss. 87 days and counting.

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2019, 03:18:55 PM »
Always on the calendar, I've always gotten there even though the weather has been LESS then cooperative many years.  Here's to hoping for another 55+ degree sunny weekend!  That 35 and snow crap isn't much fun at a dragstrip.

On the "mom story line", mine just turned 89 and we're moving her to assisted living this month.  Next chapter in her life about to start.
Larry

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2019, 04:14:48 PM »
Wow a rough end of the year for a few of you guys. I will drop a prayer in the bucket for yas. But yeah cant wait for the reunion. I hope I have more time to talk to everyone. And its funny because i read in the forum that some guys that i would like to meet were there but shit how would you know. We should have our forum names on a tag or something. 

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2019, 07:12:39 PM »
Ditto meeting more forum members.  There was talk about name tags....but don't think it ever really got anywhere.  Or at least I've never put one on.

I'm so horrible with names/faces these days I have a hard time remembering people hours later???  Smdh.
Larry

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2019, 07:45:10 PM »
I’m the same way, much better with faces than names. You know at least until I really know the person you know what I mean Steve.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 08:53:41 PM by Stangman »

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2019, 07:49:49 PM »
Some mornings its hard to remember who the old geek
staring back at me in the mirror is ;D

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2019, 08:55:14 PM »
Hello my posts aren’t saving unless I write a couple of words at a time. Anyway I was only kidding Larry.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 09:10:01 PM by Stangman »

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2019, 09:17:16 PM »
I tried to message Jay to see if it was something that was wrong but I couldn’t even message him. I write but when I post there’s no writing

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2019, 09:18:09 PM »
Hmmm it just worked. Forget it for now

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2019, 09:25:08 PM »
I'm so horrible with names/faces these days I have a hard time remembering people hours later???  Smdh.

^^^This....x2  I'm pretty sure I'll remember about 8-10 people by name and face, even though I enjoyed meeting and talking with many more. ::)
Doug Smith

'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2019, 09:26:42 AM »
The race track is the worst for me.   Seems a LOT of people know me, but, it was a year ago(2,3,4) when I met them, ONCE, and I surely don't remember them.  I always smile and be friendly, but cringing inside LOL!!!  The worst part as we age, we change, and it gets harder to recognize.  Though, like Doug, the more we see/talk, the easier it is to remember.

I told Karen, years back, when I first took her to the track....there's going to be LOTS of people coming up to me, don't get insulted if I don't introduce you as 3/4 of them I won't remember who they are!!   :o
Larry

shady

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2019, 09:56:01 AM »
They need to hand out a couple of blank name tags at the entrance booth when you pay to get in. That way everyone has one. Easy peasy.
What goes fast doesn't go fast long'
What goes fast takes your money with it.
So I'm slow & broke, what went wrong?
2021 FERR cool FE Winner
2022 FERR cool FE Winner
2023 FERR cool FE Winner

C8OZ

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2019, 10:15:01 AM »
It sounds like I've found my people. Can't put a name and face together to save my life, but as a tech I could always instantly remember a life story once I saw the car. "Oh, no more DPFE code, I hope. How's the herb garden coming along?"

I'm hoping to make it this year. I definitely won't have a car together, but I can't think of a better place to get inspired to put an FE back on the track.

sixty9cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2019, 10:45:04 AM »
Im not sure what I am doing this yr. The car is together but not sorted out. Beaver hasn't been good to me, between blowing up and getting red lit for not knowing how to stage in a broken system that went down for 2 hrs right after i got kicked. I love the people, I may come and spectate leave the car home.

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2019, 12:49:22 PM »
Don't feel bad.......

I've only gotten down the track more then once every other year myself.  I still keep showing up???
Larry

sixty9cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2019, 12:59:13 PM »
I hear you about the problems, it was just the attitude I got from Bob and the tower really turned me off. I was staged and there was a problem down track. So I backed up. When I went to pull in the beams the bulbs never lit. They red lit me I was out. I looked at the video my son took clearly there was a problem with the beams. The next 10 or 15 cars red lit in that lane. They stopped to figure it out for 2 hrs. I went into the tower and they told me I was trying to stage with the back tires. I know I am not the smartest driver but REALLY?

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2019, 01:01:21 PM »
Or me. I've been through 2 Drag Weeks and countless fun on the streets without a single missed shift. Not even ONE. But at Beaver...it seems I can't hit 2nd gear if my life depended on it. It's embarrassing to say the least, to do that in front of all the FE crew. But I guess I'll come anyway, just to give everyone something to laugh about and make themselves feel better about their own driving..lol ;D
Doug Smith

'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

fekbmax

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2019, 01:47:50 PM »
You gon a have the Jerico in by then Doug ?
Keith.  KB MAX Racing.

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2019, 02:00:36 PM »
I don't know. I'm hoping to work out a deal with a used one from a forum member in the very near future. If I do, I can get it in in time and just use the regular Hurst shifter for now. My new, and hopefully final plan, is to get a Jerico for my current engine combo, and get a G-Force 101A for the newer combo. The Jerico will hold up fine with my current engine without the risk of needing hard-to-find used parts. The newer combo will break it eventually, and I don't want the hassle of finding extinct parts.

I don't know what it is about Beaver that I miss shifts. Maybe it's the inexperience coupled with having to use the line-lok to hold the car on the line, while trying to remember all the things I need to do to get a decent launch. I actually forgot to release the line-lok a couple of times and drug the front tires. Starting out uphill, in a manual trans car, on a drag strip, with an inexperienced driver, is like having 4 strikes against me before I even get to the batters box..lol
Doug Smith

'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2019, 02:27:11 PM »
I had sold one to Scotia FE a year or two ago it had 20 to 25 passes on it Doug.  Who knew?

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2019, 02:38:28 PM »
Joe, it's only taken me like 5 years to make a decision..lol  I research stuff until I can't see straight, then research some more before making a decision. I can't afford to spend thousands of dollars on something, only to find out I should have gone a different route. You know the saying...cry but once.
Doug Smith

'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

John67427

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2019, 02:39:17 PM »
Going this year. Hoping weather cooperates!!!

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2019, 05:11:36 PM »
Im not sure hes using it. It was brand new with vertical gate shifter. I think they said it was good for between 1000 and 1200 horsepower. It was behind 800 horse.

John nice car I was parked next to a beautiful baby blue fairlane last year.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 05:13:51 PM by Stangman »

Barry_R

• View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2019, 06:36:12 PM »
Obviously I go every year.  I only take the car out once or twice per year plus a test & tune or two - Beaver is the main event.  And it ain't been a real friendly track to me either.  I finally got a good single pass in last year with the four speed after three years of trying.  Car still launches like a tugboat (sorry if that offends Drew...).  I understand that some track and equipment improvements have been made over the past year - - maybe I should just leave at 7500 and let it either rip in two or fly...

fekbmax

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2019, 08:26:22 PM »
Barry,  is your top loader crash boxed ?
If you dont mind me asking, what kind of clutch are you using?
Is it fairly easy to make changes ?
Keith.  KB MAX Racing.

Barry_R

• View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2019, 04:38:43 AM »
Its a face plated wide ratio big in/big out - 27" long unit.  Started out as a new Kee piece with synchros until I realized you can't shift a synchro top loader at 7500 RPM.  Had Liberty face plate it and it shifts pretty good at WOT now with a H pattern Super Shifter.  Clutch is a Tim Hyatt modified McLeod Soft-Loc.  Its working well but there is a lot of tuning opportunity to improve things and I don't get out enough to learn it.

Been thinking really hard about this swapping stuff out for a twin disc and Magnum six speed so I can drive it around on the street and get some use out of the car instead of just looking at the darn thing every weekend.

GJCAT427

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2019, 08:59:35 AM »
Well I `m planning on going. I hope I get the galaxie up and running. The bottom end is being balanced as I write. Got my tow vehicles squared away, so I can concentrate on the engine swap for the galaxie. If it does not happen I`ll bring the red 56 F100. Garry

ec164

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2019, 02:11:53 PM »
Well this is a Great subject, and good hearing the stories. Oh how I can relate to things not going perfect! If weather looks right I'll tow mine, otherwise I'll just drive my daily driver and visit or help who I can! Raincoat,umbrella,gloves,warmer clothes travel with me always as I work outside. Opportunity to meet and visit with you all in person at least once per year would be a shame not to follow up on, especially with all the hard work of planning that goes into it.
 The Comet is dialed in better, weather permitting I'll get at least two test sessions before the FERR to tweak the issues I'm still dealing with, building a new car and combination at once is exhausting, but what I've learned with what's still to learn makes it all worthwhile, and has taught me to appreciate listening(reading) what Jay,Blair, Barry,Kuntz,Jeff Colvert, plus many others in their conversations tell us. Priceless.........................Al
You're ahead in a Mercury......all the way

dmazz

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2019, 08:48:05 AM »
Plan to be back this year after missing the last 3 years. We went in 13,14 and 15. Only 145 miles from the house, nice ride.
66 Fairlane GT 427 4 speed Black
67 Mustang Coupe K Code Vintage Burgandy
93 Lightning Black

Red Lehr

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2019, 08:13:14 PM »
Can't wait for this year after missing last year.  We're bound to have one of those 70 - 75 degree weekends one of these years.
Good weather or bad, it's just great to be there and see everyone.

fekbmax

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2019, 09:13:42 PM »
I'll be there with some fe stuff and some bbf Lima stuff as well. Hopefully I dont get kicked off the property..
Keith.  KB MAX Racing.

FirstEliminator

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2019, 12:51:12 AM »
Last year was my first time. I came down with a group of friends from Connecticut. Chances are I will probably not have a car to bring, but the stars may align for my 68 Colony Park. It was an awesome event. Wish I started a few years earlier. I will be a regular now.
Mark
Berkshire Transmissions
North Adams, Massachusetts

70 Cougar XR-7 460 C-6
70 Cougar XR-7 conv 351c 4v FMX
69 Cougar SS 351w AOD
69 Cougar Sunroof Eliminator 351w FMX
69 Cougar XR-7 390 C-6
68 Monterey 390 C-6
68 Monterey conv 390 C-6
64 Montclair Marauder 390 Merc-O
58 Monterey 383 Merc-O
58 Parklane 430 MultiDrive
68 Colony Park 428 C-6
68 Colony Park 390 C-6
70 Cougar Eliminator 351c 4 speed
I don't feel like a hoarder.

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2019, 04:30:23 PM »
Mark, it took me too long to recognize you all clean shaven!!  Hope you do make it down again.
Larry

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2019, 04:54:42 PM »
DMazz what track are you at in the photo

dmazz

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2019, 08:24:33 AM »
Keystone Raceway Park, New Alexandria, PA
66 Fairlane GT 427 4 speed Black
67 Mustang Coupe K Code Vintage Burgandy
93 Lightning Black

FirstEliminator

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2019, 09:10:52 AM »
Mark, it took me too long to recognize you all clean shaven!!  Hope you do make it down again.

Yeah, that usually happens after two things take place at the same time. Those things are looking in the mirror and turning on the light.

I've found a bunch (83 actually) of FE Reunion videos on youtube and put them all together in a playlist. Sometimes I have this on at work in the back round instead of music.  Well, this is music too. Here's the link, just click "play all".
     https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmd7EZ1chb37B8kldQLa8ZvDMy2JF6-Sx
Mark
Berkshire Transmissions

70 Cougar XR-7 460 C-6
69 Cougar SS 351w AOD
69 Cougar XR-7 390 C-6
68 Monterey 390 C-6
68 Monterey conv 390 C-6
58 Monterey 383 Merc-O
68 Colony Park 428 C-6
68 Colony Park 390 C-6

rcodecj

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2019, 10:16:38 AM »

Yeah, that usually happens after two things take place at the same time. Those things are looking in the mirror and turning on the light.

I've found a bunch (83 actually) of FE Reunion videos on youtube and put them all together in a playlist. Sometimes I have this on at work in the back round instead of music.  Well, this is music too. Here's the link, just click "play all".
     https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmd7EZ1chb37B8kldQLa8ZvDMy2JF6-Sx

Thanks!
The 62? mercury with the lady driver in the 2016 video was a very cool car to see.

sixty9cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2019, 10:51:39 AM »
that's cool all the hbomb49 videos are mine

ec164

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2019, 06:46:44 PM »
Nice job on all those videos and Thank You! One of my favorites is #13 the last minute Paul Adams makes a pass, that sound is so nice.......Al

XR7

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2019, 08:14:27 PM »
Nice job on all those videos and Thank You! One of my favorites is #13 the last minute Paul Adams makes a pass, that sound is so nice.......Al

That is a super nice car, sounded like he was "going through" the clutch on that pass though! I think he sold that car to Kurt Neighbor. I saw a recent video of Paul's old Pro Nostalgia car, "the fountain of youth" 66 Fairlane, man does that thing sound wicked! High RPM small cubic inch engine, not sure if he was driving it or not but it ended up in the wall unfortunately. That happened in November at Greer. I think that car ran 156 MPH in the heat about 10 years ago...

https://youtu.be/ZtvncxW-1H8?t=1669   
68 Cougar XR7 GT street legal, 9.47@144.53, 3603# at the line, 487 HR center oiler, single carb, Jerico 4 speed, 10.5 tires, stock(er) suspension, all steel full interior

ec164

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2019, 01:06:01 PM »
Great Video Thor!!!   Pauls Fairlane sure sounds sweet, as does Mikes Fairlane and John Grinwalds 64'. At 14.20 they make better passes although Paul got loose down track farther, Johns 64' went a 5.37 and Mike in Satisfaction a 5.45 I believe, they have those FE's  running....Thanks for sharing                  Al

fekbmax

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2019, 02:38:40 PM »
I loved the pro nostalgia class, loved those cars. Back in the early and through the mid 2000's I'd go all over watching them run. Got tons of old VHS video and picts of the Booze Brothers and Paul.  Those cars were running high to mid 8's back then. Buds creek, mason dixon, ect. Great group of guys to talk to and would share about any information.  Paul would especially be an easy guy to talk to. I'd love to see the pro nostalgia class come back.
Keith.  KB MAX Racing.

Leny Mason

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2019, 12:18:38 AM »

That is a super nice car, sounded like he was "going through" the clutch on that pass though! I think he sold that car to Kurt Neighbor. I saw a recent video of Paul's old Pro Nostalgia car, "the fountain of youth" 66 Fairlane, man does that thing sound wicked! High RPM small cubic inch engine, not sure if he was driving it or not but it ended up in the wall unfortunately. That happened in November at Greer. I think that car ran 156 MPH in the heat about 10 years ago...

https://youtu.be/ZtvncxW-1H8?t=1669
XR7 do you want to go, you can pick Randy and I up on the way. Leny Mason

ec164

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2019, 08:09:51 PM »
What a great idea Leny, hope Thor takes you guys up on it! Might be easier to fly in and rent a car....hope you all can make it........Al

FirstEliminator

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2019, 07:46:19 PM »
Well, directives have changed a bit. Originally I was going to spend my efforts on getting my 69 Eliminator ready for Carlisle. However, there is no way that is going to happen unless some reality TV show comes in to get all the work done. So, getting the 482 in my '68 Colony Park has become the primary focus. If all goes well, you can all watch me Eff-up at the tree.
Mark
Berkshire Transmissions

70 Cougar XR-7 460 C-6
69 Cougar SS 351w AOD
69 Cougar XR-7 390 C-6
68 Monterey 390 C-6
68 Monterey conv 390 C-6
58 Monterey 383 Merc-O
68 Colony Park 428 C-6
68 Colony Park 390 C-6

wsu0702

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2019, 02:32:11 AM »
I have always contributed even though it's way too far for me.

Lenz

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2019, 12:51:07 PM »
Saw Beaver Bob at the Eastern Museum of Motor Racing in York Springs PA last December, he spotted an FE Race and Reunion sticker on my truck.  We talked for a bit about the reunion and how it grew in just a short time, a must do event if you can get there in my opinion.  I haven't been able to come since '15 but I plan on making the trip this year since I got sick of working and retired in October-
Len Zielinski
'64 Galaxie 500 445 Toploader
'69 F100 300 stick

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2019, 01:13:57 PM »
I got sick of working and retired in October-
That’s what keeps me from going. April is a busy darn month.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2019, 08:47:08 AM »
Gave the wagon some love time this weekend.  Clutch and transmission are back in.  Oil changed.  Just need to screw new plugs in and it's ready?  Wow.  Needs a good bath.

Mack is coming along also.  Oil changed, oil leak in the filter housing fixed.  New doors on, windows installed.  Just need to tidy up a few things and really, really good bath!!!

Time is creeping up fast.....
Larry

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2019, 12:48:17 PM »
Time is creeping up fast.....

No kidding. I haven't even gotten the wheels back on and the car uncovered yet ::)  Weather has been too cold to work out in the garage, but it looks like I'll be taking Wednesday off to start the work (sunny and mid 50s). Gotta get it situated and jacked up to pull the tranny out. Got new shift rods for the Jerico made up, put on and adjusted, and the shifter cleaned up and lubed so it works properly. Hoping it'll be a smooth process since it has the same Ford 10 spline input that I currently have. Have to go through the carb on the truck, and finish plumbing up my long distance "fuel cell" in the back, but otherwise not much else to do except go over everything for safeties sake.
Doug Smith

'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

chilly460

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2019, 12:55:21 PM »
Got some fuel system issues sorted on the Marauder and got it cranked up this weekend.  Knock on wood, ahead of schedule this year, trailer's already inspected and just booked a room, after missing last year wanted to make sure everything was buttoned up. 

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2019, 01:34:22 PM »
I was going to split the case on the GF5R, but after inspecting the shifter mount I found the three bolts were loose.  Hmmm.  I was going to try to find stronger detent springs to help keep it in first gear.  Tended to just slip out if under very light load while driving around the pits.  Well, the shifter being loose might have something to do with it??  I tightened everything and readjusted the rods/stops and now it feels firmer in gear.  So I just jammed it back under the car(ugh, that things is HEAVY!!).

It's gone from 12 weeks, to 8 weeks, to 4 weeks!  Yikes.
Larry

GJCAT427

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2019, 04:56:08 AM »
Been Slowly working on the new motor for the Galaxie. Hit a snag with the cam and I need to get better shafts for the rockers. Looks like the 56 F100 is defiantly going. Larry you really put new doors on the Mack! Wow it won`t know how to act. See ya there.

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2019, 07:42:17 AM »
Yup, genuine, NOS door shells.  I've had them since I bought the truck.  Just finally got them painted and put on.

New glass, fuzzies, door seals,  mirror brackets painted, the whole kit and kabootle.  I am maybe going to get the hood painted too?  If there is time.  I have a line on another cab, so that will be in the works, some day, some year.
Larry

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2019, 09:40:33 AM »
Got wagon running last night.   Life is good.  It's back on its wheels, ready for a wash job.

The Mack is mobile also.  Got it out of the garage the other night.  Pulled an axle to measure the 4" retaining nut to remove the hubs.  I borrowed a socket the last time, but it's time to buy one.  Amazon to the rescue!  $30, free shipping, should be here today.  Need to investigate the RR brake that is hanging up.  Since it's old school dayton wheels, I have to pull the hub to get behind the brake drums.  Late model stuff with Budd hubs and outboard drums would have made it easier.  Again, someday I'll get it converted.
Larry

6667fan

• Every Second Counts
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2019, 08:34:41 PM »
Pistons have been ordered for my next version of a 427 stroker. Got a cam and lifters from Brent and some heads from Barry. Keeping my fingers crossed that my new engine builder will come through.
JB
JB

67 Fairlane 500
482 cid 636/619.
Tunnel Wedge, Survival EMC CNC heads, Lykins Custom Hydraulic Roller, Ram adjustable clutch, Jerico 4-spd, Strange third member with Detroit Locker, 35 spline axles, 4.86
10.68@125.71 1.56 60’

FirstEliminator

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2019, 05:46:21 PM »
3 1/2 weeks is going to get here really fast. The engine is still out of the wagon. Guess I'll keep burning the midnight oil.
Mark
Berkshire Transmissions

70 Cougar XR-7 460 C-6
69 Cougar SS 351w AOD
69 Cougar XR-7 390 C-6
68 Monterey 390 C-6
68 Monterey conv 390 C-6
58 Monterey 383 Merc-O
68 Colony Park 428 C-6
68 Colony Park 390 C-6

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2019, 09:27:03 PM »
3 1/2 weeks is going to get here really fast. The engine is still out of the wagon. Guess I'll keep burning the midnight oil.

I just lit the lamp tonight..lol  Finally warming up here, so uncovered it and took the battery maintainer off tonight, got the wheels on it and ready to start it tomorrow and turn it around and jack it up to pull the transmission. I really need to get a lift. Working on my back isn't as easy as it used to be. :(

Then prepare the trailer by unloading the tractor that's in it for the winter, go through the brakes and check safety stuff, then get the truck fired up and pulled out, then finish the fuel tank on it and go through the carb, then..... ::)
Doug Smith

'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

FirstEliminator

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2019, 07:01:54 AM »
Pistons have been ordered for my next version of a 427 stroker. Got a cam and lifters from Brent and some heads from Barry. Keeping my fingers crossed that my new engine builder will come through.
JB

Hey Jim, this engine is planned for Beaver Springs this year? Like me you are cutting it close. 
Mark
Berkshire Transmissions

70 Cougar XR-7 460 C-6
69 Cougar SS 351w AOD
69 Cougar XR-7 390 C-6
68 Monterey 390 C-6
68 Monterey conv 390 C-6
58 Monterey 383 Merc-O
68 Colony Park 428 C-6
68 Colony Park 390 C-6

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2019, 08:56:42 AM »
I really need to get a lift. Working on my back isn't as easy as it used to be. :(

That was my thought last week as I wrestled that GF5R in the wagon.  Took me quite a bit longer then usual to get it stuck in there.  Had to crawl out a few times and take a break and get my back/arms straightened out and then crawl under and go at it again.
Larry

Leny Mason

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2019, 08:19:38 AM »
Got wagon running last night.   Life is good.  It's back on its wheels, ready for a wash job.

The Mack is mobile also.  Got it out of the garage the other night.  Pulled an axle to measure the 4" retaining nut to remove the hubs.  I borrowed a socket the last time, but it's time to buy one.  Amazon to the rescue!  $30, free shipping, should be here today.  Need to investigate the RR brake that is hanging up.  Since it's old school dayton wheels, I have to pull the hub to get behind the brake drums.  Late model stuff with Budd hubs and outboard drums would have made it easier.  Again, someday I'll get it converted.

Larry On My Mack I took all the hubs and had them nickle plated, the front the back and the trailer hubs all nickle and they were rusty in six months a lot of work and money, as you know they are heavy, I am planning to go to Beaver Springs next year. Leny Mason