Author Topic: FE Race and Reunion who is going !!  (Read 14528 times)

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
Re: FE Race and Reunion who is going !!
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2019, 07:12:39 PM »
Ditto meeting more forum members.  There was talk about name tags....but don't think it ever really got anywhere.  Or at least I've never put one on.

I'm so horrible with names/faces these days I have a hard time remembering people hours later???  Smdh.
Larry

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2019, 07:45:10 PM »
I’m the same way, much better with faces than names. You know at least until I really know the person you know what I mean Steve.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 08:53:41 PM by Stangman »

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2019, 07:49:49 PM »
Some mornings its hard to remember who the old geek
staring back at me in the mirror is ;D

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2019, 08:55:14 PM »
Hello my posts aren’t saving unless I write a couple of words at a time. Anyway I was only kidding Larry.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 09:10:01 PM by Stangman »

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2019, 09:17:16 PM »
I tried to message Jay to see if it was something that was wrong but I couldn’t even message him. I write but when I post there’s no writing

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2019, 09:18:09 PM »
Hmmm it just worked. Forget it for now

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2019, 09:25:08 PM »
I'm so horrible with names/faces these days I have a hard time remembering people hours later???  Smdh.

^^^This....x2  I'm pretty sure I'll remember about 8-10 people by name and face, even though I enjoyed meeting and talking with many more. ::)
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2019, 09:26:42 AM »
The race track is the worst for me.   Seems a LOT of people know me, but, it was a year ago(2,3,4) when I met them, ONCE, and I surely don't remember them.  I always smile and be friendly, but cringing inside LOL!!!  The worst part as we age, we change, and it gets harder to recognize.  Though, like Doug, the more we see/talk, the easier it is to remember.

I told Karen, years back, when I first took her to the track....there's going to be LOTS of people coming up to me, don't get insulted if I don't introduce you as 3/4 of them I won't remember who they are!!   :o
Larry

shady

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2019, 09:56:01 AM »
They need to hand out a couple of blank name tags at the entrance booth when you pay to get in. That way everyone has one. Easy peasy.
What goes fast doesn't go fast long'
What goes fast takes your money with it.
So I'm slow & broke, what went wrong?
2021 FERR cool FE Winner
2022 FERR cool FE Winner
2023 FERR cool FE Winner

C8OZ

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2019, 10:15:01 AM »
It sounds like I've found my people. Can't put a name and face together to save my life, but as a tech I could always instantly remember a life story once I saw the car. "Oh, no more DPFE code, I hope. How's the herb garden coming along?"

I'm hoping to make it this year. I definitely won't have a car together, but I can't think of a better place to get inspired to put an FE back on the track.

sixty9cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2019, 10:45:04 AM »
Im not sure what I am doing this yr. The car is together but not sorted out. Beaver hasn't been good to me, between blowing up and getting red lit for not knowing how to stage in a broken system that went down for 2 hrs right after i got kicked. I love the people, I may come and spectate leave the car home.

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2019, 12:49:22 PM »
Don't feel bad.......

I've only gotten down the track more then once every other year myself.  I still keep showing up???
Larry

sixty9cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2019, 12:59:13 PM »
I hear you about the problems, it was just the attitude I got from Bob and the tower really turned me off. I was staged and there was a problem down track. So I backed up. When I went to pull in the beams the bulbs never lit. They red lit me I was out. I looked at the video my son took clearly there was a problem with the beams. The next 10 or 15 cars red lit in that lane. They stopped to figure it out for 2 hrs. I went into the tower and they told me I was trying to stage with the back tires. I know I am not the smartest driver but REALLY?

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2019, 01:01:21 PM »
Or me. I've been through 2 Drag Weeks and countless fun on the streets without a single missed shift. Not even ONE. But at Beaver...it seems I can't hit 2nd gear if my life depended on it. It's embarrassing to say the least, to do that in front of all the FE crew. But I guess I'll come anyway, just to give everyone something to laugh about and make themselves feel better about their own driving..lol ;D
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

fekbmax

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2019, 01:47:50 PM »
You gon a have the Jerico in by then Doug ?
Keith.  KB MAX Racing.