Poll

Should some non-FE Forums be added to this message board?

No, leave it FE only
42 (75%)
Yes, add forums for any different type of Ford engine
9 (16.1%)
Yes, add a forum for Y-Blocks, MELs, and Lincoln Ys
2 (3.6%)
Yes, add a forum for Small Block Fords and Clevelands
1 (1.8%)
Yes, add a forum for 385 Big Blocks
2 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author Topic: More Forums?  (Read 7057 times)

FElony

Re: More Forums?
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2018, 12:35:54 PM »
Jay runs a good shop here - it's appreciated.  I come here a lot and currently don't even have an FE in the house.  Good discussions can apply to more than one engine family.  Smokey said "Engine doesn't know what name is on the valve covers".

I'm surprised you missed the point, Mr. Kelly, considering I was trying to get SBF discussion introduced here. Please reread the thread. Thank you.

FElony

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2018, 12:49:00 PM »
Jay runs a good shop here - it's appreciated.

^^^ This, x2.

I won't argue this, but why wasn't that thread moved to non-FE right after Jay and several other people said that's where it would belong, and let's leave the FE spot for FE's only? The timing is ironic, no? Why is it I have to actually explain this? Am I the only lucid individual left in these forums? Are you guys eating soy products and viewing Buzzfeed behind my back? Have Jay's chickens beaten the pluck out of him? Will he ever re-"coop"?

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2018, 01:22:05 PM »
Felony, the question related more to the divider in the intake and so would definitely apply to a similar FE manifold.  In fact I have a Blue Thunder medium riser intake that I put slots in so I could test it with the different plenum divider configurations.  As such, to me it was FE related. 
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

FElony

« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2018, 01:55:59 PM »
FElony, the question related more to the divider in the intake and so would definitely apply to a similar FE manifold.  In fact I have a Blue Thunder medium riser intake that I put slots in so I could test it with the different plenum divider configurations.  As such, to me it was FE related.

You're right. I missed all those posts mentioning the similarities between the intake in question and FE intakes, including your BTMR. My bad.

FElony

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2018, 06:27:43 PM »
FElony, the question related more to the divider in the intake and so would definitely apply to a similar FE manifold.  In fact I have a Blue Thunder medium riser intake that I put slots in so I could test it with the different plenum divider configurations.  As such, to me it was FE related.

You're right. I missed all those posts mentioning the similarities between the intake in question and FE intakes, including your BTMR. My bad.

And, I bet you're dying to know when I'm going to point out that nobody has told the newbie with the '67 Fairlane that his "bottleneck" thread belongs in the FE Tech subforum. Am I making a point here? Can I ever stop being a PIA? Will I soon suspend my posting privileges? Did I hack into your admin root level? Will my keyboard ever run out of question marks?