Poll

Should some non-FE Forums be added to this message board?

No, leave it FE only
42 (75%)
Yes, add forums for any different type of Ford engine
9 (16.1%)
Yes, add a forum for Y-Blocks, MELs, and Lincoln Ys
2 (3.6%)
Yes, add a forum for Small Block Fords and Clevelands
1 (1.8%)
Yes, add a forum for 385 Big Blocks
2 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author Topic: More Forums?  (Read 7019 times)

Katz427

• View Profile
Re: More Forums?
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2018, 04:56:02 PM »
The forum is nice as is. One can ask a question pertaining to anything else in the non- FE discussion world.  I never joined the old N54 forum because it always seemed somebody was getting into a lengthy argument about something, most times irrelevant. I can sort out BS most of the time, and one gets to know who really has the good information.
Jay and Everybody does a nice job on this site providing information and keeping it civil.

FElony

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2018, 06:54:50 PM »
While it is true that talk about other engines can exist in the non-FE forum, do you really want to mix that in with some droll, dimwit douchebag incessantly yammering about mind-expanding pastry, excrement-pitching simians, and upscale, flat-plain domiciles? No, you don't. So there are two answers. Let's take the easy one.

Remember: the smart ones never get caught. Peace.

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2018, 08:06:17 PM »
I’m all for keeping it FE only. There are other forums if someone needs them. This forum is run well
And you can almost always get the right answer. There are some of the big guys here that build small blocks and Clevelands and if someone needs info they can be called and talked to. Someone said if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

WConley

• No longer walking funny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2018, 08:11:59 PM »
While it is true that talk about other engines can exist in the non-FE forum, do you really want to mix that in with some droll, dimwit douchebag incessantly yammering about mind-expanding pastry, excrement-pitching simians, and upscale, flat-plain domiciles? No, you don't. So there are two answers. Let's take the easy one.

Remember: the smart ones never get caught. Peace.

I vote for keeping it FE only.  God forbid we attract the likes of SBFelony, Y-Belony, or (yikes!) MELony!

In this case, more is not better  ::)
A careful study of failure will yield the ingredients for success.

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2018, 06:42:24 AM »
Yeah Bill, I forgot about the ever-odious BBQstang, the cat man. Racially active with fellow screamers on Yellow Bullet!
Bob Maag

e philpott

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2018, 07:53:14 AM »
you already have NON FE discussion forum , it worked perfect for my 71 Mustang 429 rear spoiler project

Lenz

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2018, 09:34:30 AM »
It ain't broke so don't fix it IMO.  I feel a main reason this forum is very good is that it isn't trying to be everything to everyone.  Anyone who visits knows the subject matter or knows this is the place to come to get the answers they need.  As others have said, the Non-FE Discussion Forum handles the rest quite well.
Len Zielinski
'64 Galaxie 500 445 Toploader
'69 F100 300 stick

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2018, 10:10:13 AM »
I also vote to leave it FE only. There are plenty of other sites for the "other" Ford motors but very few dedicated to FEs and even fewer still that provide good info like this one.

You know any real good site for SBF's?

This was the only one I know of and who knows where it goes as Network 54 moves along - http://www.network54.com/Forum/119417  It's pretty slow as is.  There is a Facebook group - that one in marginal, some tech and a lot of "FB Air Head" type posts.  There is also Ford Muscle, which I dropped out of years ago.

I dunno, you could put in maybe a "Other pre-1980 Ford" type engine forum just to separate out those questions that other members might be able to answer.  Lots of things cross over in terms of support but like the FE some things are rather specific.  289~351W is very similar, 351C is somewhat different but maybe not enough to separate it out. 

The 351C has a couple of active tech forums. 
http://the351cforum.com
http://351c.net

There is also the 385 Forum for the 429/460 which is a good resource.  http://www.460ford.com/forum/
I think same with the Y block - http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Default.aspx
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 10:15:19 AM by Falcon67 »

chris401

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2018, 02:58:19 PM »
I say keep it focused on the Fe. Let links to other Ford engine sites be shared to those that need but I for one would like to see this place stay FE. JMO.
Same

482supersnake

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2018, 04:41:32 PM »
I voted for another sub for all Ford engines other than FE's just because some of the smartest engine people from around the country come here. I visit a bunch of different sites and know if I had a question about another Ford engine someone here would be able to give an intelligent answer. FE's are also my first love but I like all forms of power.

babybolt

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2018, 07:38:11 PM »
If your going to add another subtopic, add an "events" forum.  Examples within the forum would be Beaver Springs, 50th Anniversary, etc.

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2018, 08:09:38 PM »
Well, I think the verdict is in, we will keep the existing forum structure.  I do want to emphasize that any non-FE questions are welcome in the Non-FE discussion forum, and that certainly includes questions or comments about other Ford engines.  Thanks for taking the time to weigh in on this - Jay
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

FElony

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2018, 09:01:14 PM »
Well, I think the verdict is in, we will keep the existing forum structure.  I do want to emphasize that any non-FE questions are welcome in the Non-FE discussion forum, and that certainly includes questions or comments about other Ford engines.  Thanks for taking the time to weigh in on this - Jay

Yep, like the SBF Intake Mod thread posted right there in the sacrosanct FE Tech subforum, unmoved by the forum owner and no mention to the OP as to his mistake. Long live the verdict!!

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2018, 09:58:23 AM »
Jay runs a good shop here - it's appreciated.  I come here a lot and currently don't even have an FE in the house.  Good discussions can apply to more than one engine family.  Smokey said "Engine doesn't know what name is on the valve covers".

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2018, 11:46:57 AM »
Jay runs a good shop here - it's appreciated.

^^^ This, x2.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe