Author Topic: Muffler quiz  (Read 14185 times)

Riskit1234

• View Profile
Re: Muffler quiz
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2017, 10:15:53 PM »
I run Flowmaster Delta 50's after the x-pipe and they are right under my cab and I get nothing but compliments how quiet they are yet still sound like a performance exhaust unless you stand on it.  I also have the remote QTC electric cut-outs for fun..  whole system is 3".  I do have Dynamat and Dynaliner everywear but the 50's are right under the seat.  The system dumps out in front of the rear wheels.  I've had the 44's in a corvette and they were horrible and I had the 10's on a 5.4 and it was a trash can.. maybe give the Flow Delta 50's a chance.  I will say the are very big and heavy..

Lenz

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2017, 12:19:56 PM »
Thanks for the additional input.  After checking the many possibilities I've decided to go with the Borla ProXS part 40659.  They are more compact than my current Flows and the all stainless construction makes a ton of sense for my climate as well.  They do cost a bit more than some (and sometimes a lot less than others I might add) but I only want to do this once and I'm thinking I'll be well satisfied with the outcome.  Seems the best bang for the buck in my view.
Len Zielinski
'64 Galaxie 500 445 Toploader
'69 F100 300 stick

Riskit1234

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2017, 04:40:58 PM »
send and update after the install.  I never heard you lost power with flowmasters like I just read in this set of posts.  Shows ya what I know... If there are better products I'd love to learn about them...