Author Topic: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!  (Read 225909 times)

Dgasman

Re: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2012, 05:29:31 PM »
Hello Everyone,

From sunny So Cal. I have been a member of the FE forum with the same user name for a LONG TIME . I never really post much but I always read a few times a day.
Jay keep up the good work . I really enjoy reading about your adventures.

Kent
HAPPY MOTORING
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 05:37:48 PM by Dgasman »

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2012, 09:20:51 PM »
Welcome to the site, Kent, glad to see you here!
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

BigNate

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2012, 07:21:02 PM »
OOPS.... Somehow I missed the sticky thread... :-(

http://fepower.net/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=417.0
Arrrrg.... LOL  My sig line everywhere else is somewhat political... Will that get me kicked?

Mistral_427TP

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2012, 08:11:34 AM »
Hello Jay and Everyone
Jay, you have nice Forum and thanks for letting me register.
Another Canuck here and I seldom post very much; mostly read what others have posted. 
I'm a member of FE Forum with the same user name.

Ken
-Johnex Cobra Replicar

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2012, 12:31:27 PM »
Glad to have you here, Ken!
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2012, 10:18:42 AM »
Hi eweryone
Im from Sweden and havent worked on fe,s since
the stonage (80s). I have a 64 Galaxie 500 fb that
i had for atleast 10 years. Engine is a 390 PI that
Previous owner built and that never runed like it
should. So im now when the childs moved on there
own and i had an early retirement  finaly going to correct it
Lars Johansson

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

Hemi Joel

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2012, 11:08:15 AM »
Greetings Lars! Congrats on the early retirement.  My ancestors came from Sweden. But they didn't have any FE's, it was 140 years ago. ;D   

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2012, 05:42:08 PM »
Thank you Joel
Yes many Swedes moved to US in that time
I got a few relatives my self around the big lakes

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

Bic69SCJ

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2012, 09:01:12 PM »
My name is Dave Bickler. I live in eastern Ohio along the banks of the Ohio river. I'm an old guy (65) but that can be both good and bad. The bad ..... I'M OLD. The good ..... I grew up in the '60s which was prime time for muscle cars. I've owned two FE powered cars in my life. A '66 Fairlane GTA which I bought from my Dad when I came back in October '67 from that small country in southeast Asia whose name begins with the letter V ( 1st Cavalry Division - Airmobile). My Dad bought it new in 66, I think he thought it was an economy car! I loved that car even though is was an automatic in the days when you were not a man if you didn't drive a stick. I traded the Fairlane in October '68 for my second FE powered car and I think I got a good one. It was a '69 Mustang Mach 1, 428 CJ, 4-speed. I ordered an optional axle ratio of 3:91 but the car was built with 4:30s. I didn't know it at the time but that of course made it an SCJ. I got into drag racing the car in the early '70s, rebuilt the engine etc. and ran a best of 11.88. This was considered respectable for the time. I still own the car, now restored to near concours condition, and drive it on nice days. I still get the itch to put it back on the track from time to time but common sense tells me I'd be taking a big chance with the original drive train.

So that's my story. I like this Forum and the knowledge base about these great engines. Did I mention my car has over 500 runs down the strip without a single broken part.

Here's my old heap:

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2012, 09:36:51 PM »
Beautyful car  I was 5 years old and out with my
father while he worked on his Model T and one
like that rumbled by.(Same colour but probably
not a cobra jet) I asked dad what it was
Its a new 69 mustang....Im going to by a new
one like that when i grow up i told him
Lucky me i didnt know how the Mustang
would look 15 years later

Chad D

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2012, 01:36:42 PM »
Hi, I'm Chad, and I'm an FE addict.  Mostly to the enduring engineering wonder that it is, but also to the fun it adds to my toys and it's near infinite combination of configurations.  My first dose was my dad's 1963 1/2 Galaxie 500XL R-code.  Peering over the fender at that pair of carbs and the cast iron headers set my path forever.  My first tire-boiling, powershifting ride was pure bliss.  Drag racing has been in my extended family since before I was a wicked thought, and it's still my favorite motorsport.  First drag race:  Bowling Green, Kentucky, 1975, age 5, supporting my uncle Ed's (the Bohemian Bulldozer!) campaign for a national title.  Wandered the pits solo all day, nosing around where I had no business, nobody seemed to care.  I haven't had much track time lately, but soon I hope to be crewing on my buddy Mick's new jet dragster, maybe pilot it a time or two.

I toyed with other Fords and Mercs over the years, and have ended up with my 1964 Galaxie P-code (HD suspension, 390/Toploader) and my 1967 F-100 (240 I-6) cruiser.  Unfortunately dad's R-code is long gone, but he's got a 1964 Comet/289 that we play with from time to time.  Someday I'll finish the 427LR I'm collecting parts for and stuff it in the Galaxie.

Long ago, I was a small part of the Usenet/AHPBBFM community, but tired of the urinary Olympics (did Rick ever finish one of his cars? did hurricane ever stop trolling?).  By the time most of that traffic had migrated to fordfe, I had abandoned the 'tubes for vehicular interaction, and focused on playing with my cars and the other humans I shared space with.  A friend of mine sent me a link to a thread here; seeing the technical discussions moved me to join.  Thanks to Jay for getting the ball rolling, this looks to be a great community.  I've received a copy of Jay's book (thanks for the prompt ship!) and have almost finished it.  I'll be posting some questions after I re-read it to make sure I'm not asking any questions that have already been answered.  Next book on deck will be Barry's.

Chad D
Wahoo, Nebraska

aarons428

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2012, 09:58:19 PM »
Hi Chad  nice to see another member from nebraska. Im from norfolk i hope to meet you in person some day. Btw SWEET rides.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 10:01:31 PM by aarons428 »
65 f-100 swb
428 4v
c-6 trans wide ratio
3000 stall converter
torino front stub
latter bar style rear suspension w/air bags
11.96@110mph

KMcCullah

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2012, 11:23:50 PM »
My name is Kevin McCullah. I was born and raised in Grand Junction CO. I'm a young guy in the FE world. (my odometer turned 42 yesterday :D) I feel so privileged to be a member here, with what has got to be the absolute braintrust of the FE engine. I post a little on the "other" FE forum but mainly just read threads and try to keep my head down, if you know what I mean.
When I was 14 I took an interest in machining and worked as an apprentice at a local machine shop for 5 years. I currently work in an industrial laundry as a plant mechanic/electrician. Before this job I spent 10 years as a plant mechanic/machinist with Coors. No not the brewery, the technical ceramic division. They made ceramic ballistic tiles for armoring the interiors of Humvee's, Striker vehicles and Abrams tanks. I also work part-time for a company called Western Slope Industries where I started as a machinist in 1989. I build machinery that folds and glues paper boxes.
I got the FE bug from my dad. He raced drag cars, circle track, sand hill climbs, mud drags and tractor pulls. All with FE's. His last big effort was in 1985. He raced in the Colorado hill climb circuit. His car was a 74' Torino with a 427 HR. It was a tough gig on a blue collar salary.
Since my divorce in 2009, I've experienced an FE revival. I finally finished building a 390 that I started in high school. I dropped it into 1972 highboy that dad bought when I was 6 and have been racing the crap out of it. It feels good to have a hobby and compete.
I will be starting some kind of FE stroker project soon. Will post my progress.
Kevin McCullah

funsummer

• Joel R
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2012, 07:35:36 AM »
Hello,
Joel Reynolds here from Perth in western Australia.
I'm a bit of a virgin in regards to FE engines.
I've ended up with a 1965 galaxie LTD 2 door with a thunderbird special 390.
I had no idea the  FE existed until I purchased the galaxie.
I am a ford man and also a mechanic by trade.
Built a few race engines but normally motorbikes.
I'm hooked on the Fe it's such a cool old school engine with so much potential
And a fantastic online community with wealths of information.
I also own a 1938 Nash and a 1977 c10 ute.
But it's the ford I love and the FE which I'm currently building
Thanks
Joel
 :) :)
Joel Reynolds
1965 Galaxie LTD 2 door.
1938 Nash

ToddK

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2012, 06:22:11 PM »
Hi Joel, I'm also in Perth. I'm a Galaxie owner and have a couple of FE projects in my shed. Welcome to the forum. We should catch up some time.
Cheers,
Todd