Author Topic: Giggling like a school girl  (Read 94668 times)

Cobrajet2

• View Profile
Re: Giggling like a school girl
« Reply #225 on: October 08, 2020, 02:55:41 PM »
Hi Marc,
It would be best not to modify that radio delete cluster.  Either put it on a shelf for a restoration, or use it but find a way to run your gauges and electronics that does not compromise that cluster. They have gotten crazy price wise these days, and yours looks in nice shape.  Even clusters for parts guys want a lot of money for. JMO.

Mike
"That guy has got a pocket full of money and a watch full of time!"   Hubert Platt.

Cobrajet2

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 08, 2020, 03:01:07 PM »
If it means anything, I purchased and drag raced a new '67 Fairlane 2dr sedan 427 in 1967. My car was a heater, clock and radio delete which would explain my recognition of your dash panel. There are only subtle differences between the '66 and '67 dash panels but yours is a desirable piece for the discerning buyer in need. Have you considered one of the pre-made, race specific switch panels available from Summit or Jegs; there are several variations, one of which, should cover your needs?

SSdyno,
Would you have any pics of your old '67 Fairlane drag car you could post? I'm always interested in early photos of these cars. Was your car lettered?  Which dealership sold it?

Thanks,
Mike
"That guy has got a pocket full of money and a watch full of time!"   Hubert Platt.

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 08, 2020, 05:51:48 PM »
Mike I checked the prices online and let’s just say it’s back on a shelf not to be touched until the appropriate time.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon

Nightmist66

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 08, 2020, 07:29:42 PM »
I like the idea but I'm not following your plumbing. Your running the solenoid between the MC and pressure switch port?  are the two lines out (FO & FO) going to opposite sides of the front brakes? I don't see a line to the  (RO) rear out? 

Mike, the picture you saw there was during mockup. Not everything in place....I have the stainless line coming off the master to a 90° AN fitting into the solenoid inlet. Then, the outlet side of the solenoid is tied directly into the "pressure switch port" of the proportioning valve. All the ports for the front lines are connected in the proportioning valve, so I decided to place the solenoid there, since it already had an 1/8" NPT outlet and the "pressure switch port" was also an 1/8" NPT. So, since I don't actually need the pressure switch, I put a brass block-off fitting in the original "front inlet" port. The rear is simply in and out as it was intended. I took a couple of pictures of how the setup is currently on the car and functioning.

Top left port- blocked off
Top right port- rear inlet directly from master
Left "center" port- inlet from solenoid outlet and master
Bottom left port- outlet to right front brake
Bottom "center" port- outlet to left front brake
Bottom right port- outlet to rear brakes

Jared

66 Fairlane GT 390 - .035" Over 390, Wide Ratio Top Loader, 9" w/spool, 4.86

mike7570

« Reply #229 on: October 08, 2020, 11:49:09 PM »
I see it now :D :D