Author Topic: RPM copy from China information  (Read 3393 times)

preaction

• View Profile
Re: RPM copy from China information
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2022, 02:53:59 PM »
There was a guy at SEMA last week selling these at 350 a pop when bought in volume. The quailty looked very good.

e philpott

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2022, 04:36:09 PM »
[quote author=blykins link

And to support guys who are not just blindingly copying products in order to make a sale, but to support guys who have knowledge and interest in the hobby. 

I'm working on an aftermarket FE block and the main caps are numbered/scribed backwards...i.e. front cap was #5, rear cap was #1.  Not a big deal in any way, but you can tell the guys who were working on it were not familiar with basic engine building principles/nomenclature.
[/quote]

Lol , just how many employee's at Edelbrock poring molten do you think know basic engine principals ? lol , besides looks like Joe has confirmed it's not a copy of a Ebrock after all

TomP

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2022, 07:48:26 PM »
They sure did look good and the timing cover and water pump as well.
Was that you I met who showed me the picture of his white 61 Starliner pulling the wheels? I had my red FE Reunion shirt on which acted as a magnet for FE guys. Met one from Brazil, one from Czech Republic!

TomP

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2022, 07:56:10 PM »

hwoods

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2022, 10:00:14 AM »
I paid appx $1500 more for a lift for my shop for a USA made lift. 

Not to be political, but from a quality issue

Tim MCAmis Rant

https://youtu.be/qMxdKcloRBQ
it is hard to balance your check book with your testoserone level
Previous FE Cars:   1965 Ford Galaxie 390/4spd then upgraded to 427 sideoiler
1970 Maverick 427 sideoiler.  X Pro Stock Car
Current build in progress 1964 Thunderbolt Clone

preaction

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2022, 11:59:21 AM »
They sure did look good and the timing cover and water pump as well.
Was that you I met who showed me the picture of his white 61 Starliner pulling the wheels? I had my red FE Reunion shirt on which acted as a magnet for FE guys. Met one from Brazil, one from Czech Republic!
Tom your pics are from the guy I talked to about the pricing.

TomP

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2022, 09:13:28 PM »
I grabbed one of the catalogs and just read through it. I don't see the intake in it and the only Ford ones they show are for 302 and 351W and appear to be Weiand copies.. Looks like perhaps another Speedmaster/ProComp offshoot. They also had a billet distributor for a Yblock, tach drive for 55-57 Tbirds. Maybe there's a bigger market than I know of?

Joe-JDC

• Truth stands on its own merit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2022, 12:10:57 AM »
I have the TSP tach drive distributor in my 345Y Block that I installed in my '55 Thunderbird, and so far it has performed flawlessly.  I have sixteen dyno pulls, several miles on the engine since installation in the car.  Joe-JDC
Joe-JDC '70GT-500

BruceS

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2022, 08:20:40 AM »
That T-Bird is a clean machine Joe!  I noticed the summit carb too. 
66 Fairlane 500, 347-4V SB stroker, C4
63 Galaxie 500 fastback, 482 SO 4V, Cruise-O-Matic

Katz427

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2022, 10:44:15 AM »
TSP is a marketing group, under the AAM group umbrella. AAM stands for automotive Accessory marketing, which represents companies with traditional names like Hedman headers. These are just marketing groups with warehouses, they have no manufacturing, none. Most all their products are manufactured in China, and Taiwan, a few in Vietnam. 
TSP has a warehouse  in California. If they are able to work a deal, with whomever  is producing a part, and feel they can make some money, selling the part, they invest, and add to their product line.
Joe that is a nice Tbird, hope you are enjoying  retirement.

Joe-JDC

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2022, 10:55:11 AM »
That T-Bird is a clean machine Joe!  I noticed the summit carb too.

I got tired of having to fill the carburetor every few days to start the Tbird.  The Summit carb is a 750VS, and it has performed perfectly so far, even after sitting for a couple of weeks.  I did a dyno test of several carbs, and the Summit was very close to the Holley in performance.  The bad thing is the stock Thunderbird aircleaner will not work with the Summit carb due to the fuel linlet location on the top of the carb.  Joe-JDC
Joe-JDC '70GT-500

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2022, 01:05:51 PM »
Comment FWIW - Speedmaster et al had a 351C 4V funnelweb knockoff listed for several years.  There's a variation still in the list along with the "split" intake.  Since there wasn't - at the time about 4 years ago - other options, I decided to try and purchase one via Jegs.  After a year of waiting I cancelled the order.  Seems like they run a batch of something and when it's gone, not much else happens later.  The split intake is listed as out of stock and has been for a while.  So if you think you want one of these lower volume type intakes, better buy it while they are sitting around. 

Joe-JDC

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2022, 01:52:22 PM »
Just got my hands on one of the new Edelbrock RPM intake manifolds, and was a bit surprised with the flow figures.  The lowest port flowed 280 cfm, and the best 325, but the average flow came in at 300 cfm.  The offshore copy averaged 313 out of the box.  I flowed a new M-9424-D302 SBF intake just before the RPM, and the D302 flowed 305 cfm average.  This is a bit discouraging if it is a trend.  The RPMs from several years ago would average ~315-317 cfm out of the box, and the Victor Jr 302 would average 315 cfm(D302 is copy for Ford Motorsports).  I did calibrate the Flow Bench last month, and it is correct to my data plate.  The weather is nearly perfect for flowing with low humidity and 71* in the shop.     Joe-JDC
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 01:54:16 PM by Joe-JDC »
Joe-JDC '70GT-500

C8OZ

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2023, 01:43:16 AM »
Sorry if it's been mentioned, but is this the same one Jegs is selling? https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/513094/10002/-1

Katz427

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2023, 10:36:13 AM »
Yes, Jegs has added this manifold to their line.