Author Topic: CVF FE Mechanical Water Pump  (Read 1504 times)

Jb427

• View Profile
CVF FE Mechanical Water Pump
« on: April 19, 2021, 03:50:02 PM »

475fetoploader

• View Profile
Re: CVF FE Mechanical Water Pump
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 04:58:47 PM »
Not yet, but I’m definitely interested
1967  Fairlane Tunnel Wedge on Proports.
1975 4x4 461 f.e. 4speed Dual Quads on 38’s
Love many, Trust few. Always paddle your own canoe.

HTRDHARLEY

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 05:27:31 PM »
Yes, I have run one lots of miles with no issues. Great company to deal with.

cattleFEeder

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2021, 07:34:00 AM »
I have several of their water pumps been real happy with all of them.
Remember, RPM is your friend

CV355

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2021, 12:53:54 PM »
CVF makes great products.  I'm running their pulleys and hood hinges.  I already had a TuffStuff chromed aluminum water pump for this build though

cammerfe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2021, 10:33:00 PM »
As one way of judging, inquire regarding the construction of the impeller. It's common to have a stamped steel impeller in run-of-the-mill pieces, and a carefully designed cast piece in the quality pumps. When Ebock first offered aluminum FE pumps they used stamped steel, and had a rash of early complaints. When Dove decided to build water pumps he did a design analysis of the impeller from Ford designed to go in the road-racing pump for the Boss 302. He took the design and scaled it to go in the FE article. Worked great.

KS

« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 10:29:04 PM by cammerfe »

Jb427

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2021, 09:28:15 AM »
Thanks for all the feedback people

CVF makes great products.  I'm running their pulleys and hood hinges.  I already had a TuffStuff chromed aluminum water pump for this build though

Me too i use there pulleys and brackets on a few cars now they are great to deal with too.

As one way of judging, inquire regarding the construction of the impeller. It's common to have a stamped steel impeller in run-of-the-mill pieces, and a carefully designed cast piece in the quality pumps. When Ebock first offered aluminum FE pumps they used stamped steel, and had a rash of early complaints. When Dove decided to build water pumps he did a design analysis of the impeller from Ford designed to go in the road-racing pump for the Boss 302. He took the design and scaleded it to go in the FE article. Worked great.

KS

Yes i was worried about that too I can't really find anyone unhappy with them touch wood i never had any cooling problems with the 5000cfm derale electric fans i have combined with the radiator that could keep a mack truck cool i was almost running too cold that could change with the new engine but mine could sit and idle in 110 deg c day heat all day long and sit at 160 deg f fan controller would turn the fans off highway driving and it would sit at 180 deg f and come back to 160 deg f soon as you stop. Down side was i only have 1/4" between my shroud + fans and water pump pully there is a set install order or you can't fit it in. I often see day's over 40 deg C 3/4 of the year round so over kill cooling is required here.