Author Topic: Weight savings part deux: "Feline Diet"  (Read 4065 times)

cjshaker

• View Profile
Re: Weight savings part deux: "Feline Diet"
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2021, 10:04:12 PM »
I'll also put my plastic bucket seats in and not put in my roll bar. 

You won't be doing any racing then, at least under 11.50.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

KMcCullah

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2021, 11:33:57 PM »
I was just being a smart ass about the straight front axle, Paulie. Been watching SEGA races on YouTube lately. Lol For 1/8mi racing the straight front axle works well. A few of the A/G guys are ripping off a 1.3sec 60'.

Can't remember if you mentioned 90/10 shocks. But you probably have some. Good bang for the buck.

The lightned sun shell driver and aluminum direct drum in our hot rod C6 was good for almost a tenth. Spendy pieces though.
Kevin McCullah

plovett

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2021, 05:44:53 AM »

I am well aware, Doug.  Our local strip got closed down by home owners many years ago.  The strip was built out in the middle of nowhere, in 1970 I think.  Houses kept getting built closer and closer and people started complaining about noise......

Maybe I'll change my mind someday.   Topeka is not far away.   

paul

plovett

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2021, 05:54:18 AM »
I was just being a smart ass about the straight front axle, Paulie. Been watching SEGA races on YouTube lately. Lol For 1/8mi racing the straight front axle works well. A few of the A/G guys are ripping off a 1.3sec 60'.

Can't remember if you mentioned 90/10 shocks. But you probably have some. Good bang for the buck.

The lightned sun shell driver and aluminum direct drum in our hot rod C6 was good for almost a tenth. Spendy pieces though.

I thought so.  Looking at the sky (with the front wheels on the ground) and trying to go straight would scare the crap out of me!  It seems to me that driving a gasser would be like taking off in a tail dragger WWII fighter.   You'd have to keep looking to the sides for reference points.  LOL!

I actually don't have 90/10 shocks.   Just worn out regular old ones.   My suspension is a weak point for sure.  Only running 1.9's on street surfaces with DOT cheater slicks.   I think I should be able to get into the 1.6's with some work?

I will look at the C6 parts you mentioned.  Thanks.

plovett

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2021, 03:57:26 PM »

I am well aware, Doug.  Our local strip got closed down by home owners many years ago.  The strip was built out in the middle of nowhere, in 1970 I think.  Houses kept getting built closer and closer and people started complaining about noise......

Maybe I'll change my mind someday.   Topeka is not far away.   

paul

I didn't realize this was in the works.   Hopefully....

https://i70motorsportspark.com/

I'm still not putting in my cage.   :P