Author Topic: Guess the reaction  (Read 8208 times)

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
Re: Guess the reaction
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2021, 10:49:47 AM »
Agree with Randy - that is really the super scary part, the long term issues. 

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2021, 02:07:05 PM »
The point about this virus is everyone reacts differently! Those who react mildly or not at all think it's a joke , yet others die. Don't be paranoid but BE careful.
    Randy

Kind of like the bad flu's that have been going around the last several years. Age and underlying health issues seem to be the main driver on deaths. I say "main" driver, not the sole driver.

There was no misinformation on there, Jay. Sorry you feel that way. There are people suffering--and worse--from those shots.
Everything presented in that vid is documented. Anyone can look it up if they take the time.

Really?  It was truth mixed with misinformation, designed as a scare tactic.  Don't be fooled...

I think grown men should be able to make that judgement for themselves, and not have someone determine for them what they're allowed to see or not see.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2021, 03:16:06 PM »
You are welcome to find the video elsewhere, Doug. 
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2021, 05:11:53 PM »
You are welcome to find the video elsewhere, Doug.

Surely you can see the problem with that statement?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 05:46:54 PM by cjshaker »
Doug Smith

'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

FErocious

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2021, 10:16:44 PM »
The point about this virus is everyone reacts differently! Those who react mildly or not at all think it's a joke , yet others die. Don't be paranoid but BE careful.
    Randy

Kind of like the bad flu's that have been going around the last several years. Age and underlying health issues seem to be the main driver on deaths. I say "main" driver, not the sole driver.

There was no misinformation on there, Jay. Sorry you feel that way. There are people suffering--and worse--from those shots.
Everything presented in that vid is documented. Anyone can look it up if they take the time.

Really?  It was truth mixed with misinformation, designed as a scare tactic.  Don't be fooled...

I think grown men should be able to make that judgement for themselves, and not have someone determine for them what they're allowed to see or not see.
[/size][/color]

Exactly. I totally agree with that , CJ. I had banged out a response yesterday, but decided to let it simmer.
This became a problem on "the other forum".  Now, somehow it has magically moved here. ( makes you go hmmm) .  Censorship and cancel-culture. There is a common element to this problem , and I believe some of you here will see where I am going with this. I will not stir the pot any further ...... unless it becomes necessary to do so.

Tommy-T

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2021, 10:33:48 PM »
Took my 90 year old mother to get her second Moderna covi-flu shot today.

She didn't turn green or anything but I took her to get a mocha latte at Starbucks soon after. She downed it in minutes and demanded another.

Strange days indeed!

shady

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2021, 09:17:56 AM »
As an owner operated website, the owner can do as he pleases.  All you have to do is follow the stated rules, pretty simple I would think. Remember, we are invited guests here.

In b4 the lock-down.
What goes fast doesn't go fast long'
What goes fast takes your money with it.
So I'm slow & broke, what went wrong?
2021 FERR cool FE Winner
2022 FERR cool FE Winner
2023 FERR cool FE Winner

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2021, 01:01:24 PM »
All you have to do is follow the stated rules, pretty simple I would think. Remember, we are invited guests here.

In b4 the lock-down.

Feel free to point out which rule was broken. There were no politics or religion involved.
Doug Smith

'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

cammerfe

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2021, 02:38:33 PM »
My business is dealing with medical practices. As such, I have ample opportunity to see all sides of what's going on.

Jay doesn't want contention on this website and I'm fully in agreement with that viewpoint.

Let's talk about compression and valve sizes, and leave the other stuff be.

KS

shady

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2021, 02:52:17 PM »
I've got low compression and a few burned valves.
What goes fast doesn't go fast long'
What goes fast takes your money with it.
So I'm slow & broke, what went wrong?
2021 FERR cool FE Winner
2022 FERR cool FE Winner
2023 FERR cool FE Winner

gt350hr

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2021, 12:30:24 PM »
As an owner operated website, the owner can do as he pleases.  All you have to do is follow the stated rules, pretty simple I would think. Remember, we are invited guests here.

In b4 the lock-down.

+1 Forum owner makes the rules , we are just guests.

FErocious

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2021, 01:57:01 PM »

In b4 the lock-down.

+1 Forum owner makes the rules , we are just guests.
[/size][/color]

There is no dispute over the rules that are in place. I can yell it out for the people in the cheap seats if you wish. The fact is that the rules were NOT broken. If we allow a rule-set that has a goalpost that moves for some but not for others then the rules are meaningless.
If this forum becomes an echo chamber for a select few who want only their thoughts and views to be consumed then this is the beginning of the end. Mark my words. The guest list will get smaller and smaller.

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2021, 04:42:49 PM »
Here's a quote from the rules:

"- Please note that the administrator of this site reserves the right to delete any message or ban any user for any reason."

Sorry if you don't like it, FErocious.  You can always go somewhere else  >:(
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

C8OZ

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2021, 05:11:51 PM »
I think we're all old enough to know what hot-button topics are and find someplace to engage in them besides a dedicated FE engine forum.

I appreciate that Jay keeps an non-FE section for light conversation, and thanks for that. I see no reason to abuse it by pretending not to know which subjects quickly become not-light.

Barry_R

• View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2021, 07:43:36 PM »
We are guests in Jay's house here.

Really zero reason for non-FE arguments.

Without going into detail, Jay is likely better positioned to get reliable information about the virus than most - if not all of us.

And Randy - you are decidedly not the only PRI attendee who reported getting really sick in December