Author Topic: Guess the reaction  (Read 8116 times)

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
Re: Guess the reaction
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2021, 02:31:33 PM »
That video is a joke.  I have deleted it for misinformation.
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

410bruce

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2021, 03:10:06 PM »
There was no misinformation on there, Jay. Sorry you feel that way. There are people suffering--and worse--from those shots.
Everything presented in that vid is documented. Anyone can look it up if they take the time.

SSdynosaur

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2021, 03:14:34 PM »
THANK YOU, JAY!!!

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2021, 03:45:02 PM »
There was no misinformation on there, Jay. Sorry you feel that way. There are people suffering--and worse--from those shots.
Everything presented in that vid is documented. Anyone can look it up if they take the time.

Really?  It was truth mixed with misinformation, designed as a scare tactic.  Don't be fooled...
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

410bruce

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2021, 03:58:30 PM »
Not fooled. I am praying for everyone who takes it that they do not have adverse affects. Unfortunately, many have already and it's being swept under the rug by our media.

At any rate, I won't be bringing up anything else that may be deemed  controversial on here in the future. I'll stick with FE related content.

Have a good one.

cleandan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2021, 10:47:08 PM »
This virus is so unpredictable it is anyones guess what reaction you will have.
I know a few people who have been diagnosed with COVID19.

A 103 year old in-law. She got sick like a medium flu, was tired, and not much else...she is still with us and doing very well.  She is a bit too mean to let a simple virus bother her because she still has stuff to do.

A husband/wife couple...Hubby is 54 wife is 63. Husband is in pretty good physical shape. Wife has some underlying issues, but also in pretty good shape.
The hubby got sick, tired, and flu like, otherwise none the worse for wear.
The wife almost died, twice. She was beaten up pretty bad but has pulled through and is doing very well now. Her after effect is a total loss of hearing in her left ear.

A different husband/wife couple.
Both over 60, both in so-so shape.
Husband got sick, hospitalized and died quite quickly.
Wife got sick, hospitalized, almost died...still in hospital under close care...will likely die.

Another friend, mid 50's, got sick, felt a bit tired, had a fever, but otherwise really did not know he was sick until checked twice and diagnosed positive both times.

What I can say is I hope the best for you and your family, and your reaction is easy, and something you live through.

My427stang

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2021, 06:02:08 PM »
About 28 hours after the shot I just remembered I got it because I saw the Band-Aid on my arm when I went to take a shower. No pain when I got the shot, I wouldn’t have even known  I got it. Absolutely not a single side effect. I got the Pfizer shot

The VA is doing approximately 1000 people a day and they said the worst they have seen as a mild fever.

The base is doing the Moderna shot, I talked to a couple of friends on base and they said they felt a little tired but nothing significant.

In fact all of us 50 somethings are calling it a nothing-burger, About 20 of my colleagues are a couple days ahead of me, about 20 more are on their second shot, mix of both suppliers

Hope you guys have the same experience and I hope my second shot is as easy the VA seems to think that it will be. However they did say that most people have some sort of mild fever on the second. I have three close friends that have gotten the second shot and they did not get any noticeable indication

I hope this helps
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 06:05:21 PM by My427stang »
---------------------------------
Ross
Bullock's Power Service, LLC
- 70 Fastback Mustang, 489 cid FE, Victor, SEFI, Erson SFT cam, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11 9 inch.
- 71 F100 shortbed 4x4, 461 cid FE, headers, Victor Pro-flo EFI, Comp Custom HFT cam, 3.50 9 inch

Dubs1

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2021, 08:26:13 PM »
Hi Ross

AS I am  probably the oldest of the old farts on this forum  I did get both shots at the VA here  at Fitzsimmons.   And like you  after all my

trips  to Westpac  and other points  have had a cazzillion shots.   It was no big deal. NO soreness  no negative reactions.

All the best

Larry   

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2021, 09:02:01 PM »
My Boss(owner of co.), 70 yrs old, is getting her first shot tomorrow.  She's freaking out a bit, but she will be okay.  Don't know which one she is getting yet.  She has a LOT on her plate and is just concerned she might get sick or be down a day and doesn't want to have to deal with it. 

I tried to ease her mind and tell her about the funny transformation videos I've seen online.  You know the one, young lady, through a few days suddenly turns into a hair chested fat guy.  LOL!!
Larry

wowens

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2021, 09:07:19 PM »
I had Moderna. 1st shot arm sore about like flu shot. 2nd shot at 9am, arm sore and around noon felt like I was getting sick for about 30 min but didn't.
At 4pm all of a sudden I felt like crap, checked temp, 102. 1 hour later temp was 103, by 8pm it was all gone,  slept well and no further side effects, other than a big feeling of relief.
Woody

bsprowl

• View Profile
    • Ford FE Information
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2021, 09:10:31 PM »
I've had both shots.  No issues with the first one.  The second caused my arm to be sore from my shoulder almost to my wrist for 72+ hours.

I've 75 with no significant health issues.  Several of my grandchildren have have WuFlu.  Some had mild cases.  Others had it severely impact their daily routines. 

My427stang

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2021, 09:37:10 PM »
No issues with my second Pfizer, maybe a bit more arm pain but not even sure of that
---------------------------------
Ross
Bullock's Power Service, LLC
- 70 Fastback Mustang, 489 cid FE, Victor, SEFI, Erson SFT cam, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11 9 inch.
- 71 F100 shortbed 4x4, 461 cid FE, headers, Victor Pro-flo EFI, Comp Custom HFT cam, 3.50 9 inch

SSdynosaur

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2021, 10:48:47 PM »
At age 78 I've had both Pfizer shots and the only reaction was ripping the bandaids off.

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2021, 09:23:13 AM »
We may become "vaccine tourists" - report this morning is that the local health department building can't be occupied for maybe 6 months due to a fire line break on the 2nd floor that has pretty much destroyed 2 of the the floors in the building.  There's a hospital that is a "hub" about an hour south, we're going to ping them and see what-what.  Dr says we are "1B" because of high BP and BMI.  When we got on the list here there were about 17,000 in front.  About 130,000 double doses would cover this area.

People I know that got it report about the same - 2nd go a little tougher than the first.  Best explanation heard has been that the body isn't expecting the first go, so has to spend time building up resistance as that is what the injection triggers.  When the 2nd one comes, your immune system is fired up and ready for a fight.  After you get past the 2nd, your system is really in a "bring it you little mo-fo" state and you're hopefully good to go.

You can stick me in both arms and both cheeks at the same time why drawing blood and I won't blink.  Growing up, our family Dr was Quick Draw McInjection so I got used to needles early.  Wife - not so much.  Have to do some people like I was taught to do a horse - slap 'em on the hind quarters so hard your hand sting, then while the horse is all WTF you stick and inject.  Done before they can react to the poke.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 09:25:14 AM by Falcon67 »

gt350hr

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2021, 11:10:58 AM »
   I had the virus in Dec of 2019 before anyone knew it existed . Got it on a plane flight back from The PRI in Indy. It RUINED me for the rest of Dec and I was still miserable until the end of Jan. At 67 I was high risk and had pneumonia in my earlier years so my lungs were compromised. I have had it two additional times since and it was very mild , less than a common cold.
   I DO have lingering effects!!! My sense of smell is WAY off. my taste is off too though not as severe. I have some mild focus issues and frequent mild head aches. I don't know IF I will ever get back to "normal" senses or not . The point about this virus is everyone reacts differently! Those who react mildly or not at all think it's a joke , yet others die. Don't be paranoid but BE careful.
    Randy