Author Topic: Drag Week 2020 registration  (Read 4176 times)

Russ67Scode

• View Profile
Re: Drag Week 2020 registration
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 03:15:46 PM »
So for you guys that have got into dragweek what does the page/registration look like    Can’t believe in < 5 minutes 400 cars are signed up
How does one get in there ??
BP 520 ci BBM Twin turbo FAST EFI

AlanCasida

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 11:27:35 PM »
The registration link will appear on the link I posted below at 11:00am CST. Just open the link and type fast! This is the most frantic part of Drag Week for me. I am not the fastest typer out there and I have managed to get in every time. Hot Rod has yet to turn anyone away that just shows up at the event and there is a waiting list you can get on if you don't get entered in time. They usually start going through the wait list in August.

https://theenthusiastnetwork.tixonlinenow.com/hotroddragweek/

Russ67Scode

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 12:25:11 PM »
Thanks

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 02:35:32 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, Alan. Only 3 days notice is not much!

Russ, you'll need all info about your car, like make, model, color, engine type/size, insurance, plate number, etc. They'll also want info about driver and passengers, like how many passengers, who will be drivers etc. And have your credit card handy for the fee. Go slow enough that you don't make a mistake and have to go back to fix it. Lots of stuff can be fudged, like make/model etc, because you are not held to those. In other words, you can show up with a totally different car and still get in. You just want to get the info filled out, pay the fee and register. But like Alan said, nobody has ever been turned away as of yet, so I wouldn't worry if you miss the deadline and have to get on the waiting list.

Edit: Another bit of advice, book your hotels as soon as possible. They fill up quickly. I booked mine 2 weeks ago, and the hotels near the tracks were almost filled up then. Depending on the track, you may have to drive an extra 10-15 miles to get to it if all the hotels near are booked up. And don't be surprised at hotel prices. They know a big event is happening, so rates automatically go up!  ::)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 02:41:39 PM by cjshaker »
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2020, 12:09:37 PM »
Drag Week sold out in about 4 minutes 30 seconds. I got registered at about 3 1/2 minutes. Alan and Russ?
Doug Smith

'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

AlanCasida

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2020, 12:17:04 PM »
I'm in. I got in at around the same time.  8)

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2020, 12:21:55 PM »
I'm in. I got in at around the same time.  8)

Sweet! Looking forward to seeing you again, Alan! :)  My son has plans of going with me again this year.
Doug Smith

'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

Russ67Scode

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2020, 10:00:33 PM »
Didn’t make it in time both the wife and were typing as fast as we could. Got finished in about 5 min mark   So I didn’t get it but I’m on the backup list

JERICOGTX

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2020, 08:38:45 AM »
HEMI Joel is in with the Coupe. See you guys in September.

Jay, and Kevin are both on the waitlist.

Russ67Scode

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2020, 09:54:59 AM »
Did you guys actually type any in the form ?? Or TBD on most ?

thatdarncat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2020, 12:24:39 PM »
Did you guys actually type any in the form ?? Or TBD on most ?

I purposely signed up on the wait list this year, so I can’t tell you first hand, but there are a couple very active Drag Week Facebook pages. I think most people are typing in the info, but keep in mind you don’t have to be real elaborate on most of the questions, keep it brief. Just before Drag Week Hot Rod will send out another email asking for more information about you & your car, that’s the one to give details on. Also I saw a lot of people mentioned using “Autofill” on their computer this year to quickly fill in the information. I don’t have that, so I can’t comment, but sounds like it worked well for those that used it and saved time. I saw a few people mentioned being tripped up by missing a small question that asked you to check if you have a Gear Vendors overdrive or not. When they hit submit it sent them back to the unanswered question and that was enough extra time to make them miss the cutoff. I had that happen one year, only I think it was maybe a question to check a box if you read all the terms & conditions, when I hit submit it told me I hadn’t filled everything in and by the time I found that it was too late. A lot of these people really take registration seriously, some doing it at work or elsewhere to get the fastest internet speed or quickest computer. And some have been through this many times, experience helps. Remember that, other than filling in the required boxes, the only thing that had to be “correct” is your credit card info lol.
Kevin Rolph

1967 Cougar Drag Car ( under constuction )
1966 7 litre Galaxie
1966 Country Squire 390
1966 Cyclone GT 390
1968 Torino GT 390
1972 Gran Torino wagon
1978 Lincoln Mk V

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2020, 12:55:48 PM »
I typed in all the info and always have. I do open a Notepad or Word document and write down a couple of time consuming bits of info, so that I can just copy and paste, like my credit card number and insurance policy number. If you take the time to read and type the 16 digit number, you've lost probably 20 crucial seconds. Copy and paste takes about 5 seconds or less. My computer also automatically fills out address info when I put in my name, anytime there is an online form to fill out. That probably saves another 10-15 seconds. I do have good typing skills though, so that helps a lot. Having been through the process 4 times now also helps...lol

My son told me that there were over 400 people on the waiting list this year (as of registration day), which is quite a bit more than previous years. If that's true, then this may be the first year that the field is maxed out on participants on opening day.
Doug Smith

'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

JERICOGTX

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2020, 01:03:15 PM »
We heard it over and over, that if it was just on the East Coast, it will fill up, and they would turn people away. Didn't happen, and they had less cars than the prior year. Out of 400 cars registered, 25% will be a no show. Those that signed up on the wait list, most will not go, because they will not receive anything before the event, or were not really that interested in going in the first place. A lot of people get in over their head with Drag Week, and do not realize the commitment it takes to attend. I'm glad Joel goes, and lets me be a part of it.

Russ67Scode

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2020, 01:29:56 PM »
I had 2 sheets with my info filled out one for me And one for the wife
I was trying to do the form on my phone which has auto fill for my name and address
But still took too long.  I might just try and trailer the car up there (1000+ mile one way)
Just to see if I can get in. Seen a guy do that in Atlanta
See how it goes at FERR prior!!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 01:32:46 PM by Russ67Scode »