Author Topic: Guess the horsepower - first of two "sneaky 461" - extra cheating included  (Read 4648 times)

My427stang

• View Profile
Re: Guess the horsepower - first of two "sneaky 461" - extra cheating included
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2019, 06:04:45 AM »
Joe, we had it at 900-ish on the Dyno, but I think it would go a little lower

As far as vacuum, forgot to check, but simikar cam, with a lot more cross section in the iron motor had 16, this should have all of that, the cam is actually 2 degrees smaller and less overlap.  Should be good for brakes, that’s why I chose the 114 LSA

As far as spacers, I think it would have helped, but we far exceeded the goal and this kept it simple. Your intake worked superbly, this engine in a cam change away from the low 600s, thanks for the help

In addition, Wes Adam’s recurve did exactly what we expected too, nice rebuilt on a stock 68 distributor
---------------------------------
Ross
Bullock's Power Service, LLC
- 70 Fastback Mustang, 489 cid FE, Victor, SEFI, Erson SFT cam, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11 9 inch.
- 71 F100 shortbed 4x4, 461 cid FE, headers, Victor Pro-flo EFI, Comp Custom HFT cam, 3.50 9 inch

chilly460

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2019, 07:51:22 AM »
Killer combo, I track a lot of these hydro roller strokers and sort of know what to expect, the TFS definitely step it up as you’d expect.  Planning almost identical build except I have a BT 2x4, cam is very close to what I figured so glad to see it was so torquey.  Thanks for posting

blykins

• View Profile
    • Lykins Motorsports
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2019, 07:57:01 AM »
This little engine rocked. 

The TFS heads seem to prove themselves on each build I use and see them on.  These "smaller" inch motors are making the same hp/torque as my 482's on CNC ported Edels were making several years ago. 

Ross did a good job. 
Brent Lykins
Lykins Motorsports
Custom FE Street, Drag Race, Road Race, and Pulling Truck Engines
Custom Roller & Flat Tappet Camshafts
www.lykinsmotorsports.com
brent@lykinsmotorsports.com
www.customfordcams.com
502-759-1431
Instagram:  brentlykinsmotorsports
YouTube:  Lykins Motorsports

DuckRyder

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2019, 08:20:43 AM »
Impressive...

Is it weird that I would want to stick it in a lime gold coupe with hubcaps...  ;D
Robert

My427stang

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2019, 11:09:34 AM »
I posted all the data on the dyno page

Closest guesser without going over Stangman!  564/559 estimate  on a 568/577 actual.  Nice work.

There is no Bullock's Repair Service swag to offer, but you have my respect and admiration ;)
Ross
- 70 Fastback Mustang, 489 cid FE, Victor, SEFI, Erson SFT cam, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11 9 inch.
- 71 F100 shortbed 4x4, 461 cid FE, headers, Victor Pro-flo EFI, Comp Custom HFT cam, 3.50 9 inch

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2019, 01:33:43 PM »
Glad you guys had a good day Ross. Those TFS heads are really proving themselves, seems like an extra 20 or so horsepower over most aftermarket heads right out of the box. The timing at 30 is that all in or that doesn’t include initial? I like how deceiving it’s going to look under the hood until you start it up of course. Yeah 2 lucky guesses on my part but that’s only cause there was nothing to win. I never win anything!! :) Keep us informed on the Stang motor install.

My427stang

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2019, 01:47:41 PM »
Glad you guys had a good day Ross. Those TFS heads are really proving themselves, seems like an extra 20 or so horsepower over most aftermarket heads right out of the box. The timing at 30 is that all in or that doesn’t include initial? I like how deceiving it’s going to look under the hood until you start it up of course. Yeah 2 lucky guesses on my part but that’s only cause there was nothing to win. I never win anything!! :) Keep us informed on the Stang motor install.

Timing was all in.  My wife makes T-shirt designs as a hobby, been toying with some Bullock's Repair Service shirts, have to see what she can come up with.  If so, you can be the first with a T-shirt in a long time (25 years since I left, 9 years since dad passed)
Ross

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2019, 02:45:17 PM »
I’d buy a couple Ross I always need t shirts and love obscure automotive related businesses.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon