Author Topic: Calibrating the Dyno to Ensure Accurate Results  (Read 4906 times)

machoneman

• View Profile
Re: Calibrating the Dyno to Ensure Accurate Results
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2019, 10:05:55 AM »
Bob, I have seen some cases where removing the dyno's exhaust system results in a gain of 15 HP, and other cases where there is zero gain, all with 0.6 to 0.7 psi with the exhaust system connected.  Some engines seem to tolerate the back pressure better than others.

Very interesting and thanks Jay!
Bob Maag

KjcfeF100

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2019, 02:11:32 PM »
Battlestar, I think most of us are "Looking for a number", the numbers that mean the most to me are on an ET slip, more important to me than a Flowbench or dyno sheet. ;D

Luckily I've been to poor to worry about "big" ET numbers.  Only one I worry about is the one I write on the car before a round.

It's fun chasing a lower ET number, and I'm guilty of that, it's kind of addicting.  But something tells me that Larry's approach is far more sane. 

FElony

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2019, 02:49:08 PM »
Sanity<--->FE  Oil<--->Vinegar  Doesn't work unless you shake 'em up.

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2019, 09:50:18 AM »
Battlestar, I think most of us are "Looking for a number", the numbers that mean the most to me are on an ET slip, more important to me than a Flowbench or dyno sheet. ;D

Luckily I've been to poor to worry about "big" ET numbers.  Only one I worry about is the one I write on the car before a round.

It's fun chasing a lower ET number, and I'm guilty of that, it's kind of addicting.  But something tells me that Larry's approach is far more sane.

You have the power, you just need to work on the chassis part.  It took me years(23) of tinkering to get mine to where it is now.  Still not "fast" compared to many others, but I just want it "fun".  There is always someone faster.
Larry