Author Topic: national galaxie show  (Read 3049 times)

bigbadblue

• View Profile
national galaxie show
« on: March 17, 2019, 08:37:54 AM »
 The National Galaxie Show will be in Cedar Rapids Iowa. August 23 24th. I have a lot of irons in the fire, but I think I will have to make the effort to drag my 65 out from under boxes and car parts stored on her. Haven't driven her in many years. (to many projects) They talked about maybe 200 cars, just in a few days I have come up with 6 going with me. I bet there will be 200 from Iowa alone. The show will be downtown, (basically right under interstate 380) C R is a real easy city to get around. 380 goes right over the middle.
 Gosh, I can't think of anything more cool.

The Real McCoy

• View Profile
Re: national galaxie show
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 09:12:03 AM »
Yeh, considering it’s location I’m putting it on my calendar. It is to close to pass up the opportunity. About 200 miles for me in southern MN.
63 1/2 Galaxie 500
428 CJ Stroker with 427 2x4 Intake, 427 Long Exhaust Manifolds, Quick Fuel Carbs and TKO 600.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it’s what we know for sure that just ain’t so."                            Mark Twain

thatdarncat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 10:13:05 PM »
Kevin Rolph

1967 Cougar Drag Car ( under constuction )
1966 7 litre Galaxie
1966 Country Squire 390
1966 Cyclone GT 390
1968 Torino GT 390
1972 Gran Torino wagon
1978 Lincoln Mk V

cattleFEeder

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 10:43:29 PM »
Where are you located at? The Real McCoy.
Here is my 63.5, 428 dual quad 4 speed, hope to make it.
Remember, RPM is your friend

nandoz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 09:25:21 PM »
I will be there, it's less than 50 miles from home.
Life is tough, even tougher when you're stupid. -John Wayne

The Real McCoy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2019, 08:14:34 AM »
CattleFEeder I guess I haven’t been paying attention, just seen your inquiry on my location.  Near Albert Lea, junction of I90 and I35. Mine is also a 63.5 with a 428CJ (AKA 462 stroker) with 2 x 4’s and a  TKO 600. Keep in touch. What town are you by?
63 1/2 Galaxie 500
428 CJ Stroker with 427 2x4 Intake, 427 Long Exhaust Manifolds, Quick Fuel Carbs and TKO 600.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it’s what we know for sure that just ain’t so."                            Mark Twain

cattleFEeder

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2019, 09:03:32 AM »
New Hampton Ia, 40 miles north of waterloo. I have been thru there quit a bit on my way to Fairmont to see Tim Meyer.
Remember, RPM is your friend

wcbrowning

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2019, 10:34:48 PM »
Did you have to do anything to your tunnel or floors to fit the TKO600?  Any problems maintaining good driveline angle with the install?  Did you use a hydraulic throwout bearing?

I'd like to use an over drive manual in my 1964 Galaxie, and I'm assuming the tunnel and floor pan is fairly similar between the 63.5 and 64.  Thanks.

CattleFEeder I guess I haven’t been paying attention, just seen your inquiry on my location.  Near Albert Lea, junction of I90 and I35. Mine is also a 63.5 with a 428CJ (AKA 462 stroker) with 2 x 4’s and a  TKO 600. Keep in touch. What town are you by?

The Real McCoy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2019, 10:21:11 PM »
wcbrowning, yes had to open up the floor pan, primarily to get the drive line angle correct and to get the engine back to it's original location. I used the original Z bar and clutch linkage with a new throw out bearing.

I did this about a year ago and had good intentions of posting it under Member Projects. Unfortunately I guess I got lazy and didn't totally complete the write up for the project so it never got posted.  I do have lots of pictures and the write up is mostly complete.  It covers a lot of the details regarding transmission mount, cross member placement, parking brake cable, etc. There was a few challenges that the kit from American Powertrain does not address.  I could share with you if you're interested. I would guess 63.5 and 64 are probably very close.

My car is pretty much all street use and I am pleased with how it all works when I got it finished.
63 1/2 Galaxie 500

wcbrowning

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2019, 03:09:38 AM »
Thanks for the offer of information and experience!  I sent you an email through the site.

wcbrowning, yes had to open up the floor pan, primarily to get the drive line angle correct and to get the engine back to it's original location. I used the original Z bar and clutch linkage with a new throw out bearing.

I did this about a year ago and had good intentions of posting it under Member Projects. Unfortunately I guess I got lazy and didn't totally complete the write up for the project so it never got posted.  I do have lots of pictures and the write up is mostly complete.  It covers a lot of the details regarding transmission mount, cross member placement, parking brake cable, etc. There was a few challenges that the kit from American Powertrain does not address.  I could share with you if you're interested. I would guess 63.5 and 64 are probably very close.

My car is pretty much all street use and I am pleased with how it all works when I got it finished.

The Real McCoy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2019, 07:53:27 PM »
wcbrowning, have not seen your email yet. My email is shown in my profile or you can PM me if you want.
63 1/2 Galaxie 500

chilly460

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2019, 10:25:27 PM »
I did a little write-up on the Tremec swap in my Marauder that may help

http://fepower.net/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=3970.0

wcbrowning

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2019, 02:38:14 AM »
I sent you a PM with my email address.  When I look at your profile, your email is not visible to me, though I am sure it is visible to you, because it's your profile.  Thanks!

wcbrowning, have not seen your email yet. My email is shown in my profile or you can PM me if you want.

wcbrowning

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2019, 02:47:57 AM »
Thanks for the link!

I did a little write-up on the Tremec swap in my Marauder that may help

http://fepower.net/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=3970.0