Author Topic: Clutch help  (Read 1046 times)

My3sonz

• View Profile
Clutch help
« on: March 15, 2019, 06:20:53 PM »
Hello. I am trying to get the car going for the FERR and am ready for the clutch. I have a Lakewood scatter shield and a G-force GF4A. The trans has a 26 spline input (bearing retainer OD is 1.375) do I use a GM fork, change the input and retainer, or does anyone know if they make a retainer with a larger ford size OD.  Thanks

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
Re: Clutch help
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 07:08:35 AM »
Spline count is not important.  You can get a disc with any count you need.
Bearing retainer is generic, you can bolt a ford retainer on it(or call GF and ask for a Ford retainer for it).  I run a factory ford big input retainer on my GF5R.  The bolt patterns are the same.  I had to change the seal inside to fit the different OD shaft(not a big deal, off the shelf seal).

The only thing that makes the input a Ford or Chevy is the length of the pilot and diameter.
My old Nash was a chevy input.  I welded and recut the pilot to fit a Ford(since it is larger diameter anyhow).
Larry

My3sonz

• View Profile
Re: Clutch help
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 03:25:34 PM »
Thanks Larry. Talked to G-force today. They are sending me the ford retainer. I am aware I have to trim the snout of the input (6.49? I believe?). And yes I have to order 26 spline disc still.