Author Topic: tap a talk non sense  (Read 5015 times)

HvyFt4spd

• View Profile
Re: tap a talk non sense
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2019, 10:15:55 AM »
Tapatalk sucks... but in signing up it is managable. Many of us are on both forums, Wes' and Dave's pages plus others. Jay's is definitely the nicest, no hassle experience but the focus is the FE racer and every once in a while a guy looking to pep up a 360 with no concerns of original. There is a lot of technical information here but rarely is there much in the way of history of FE cars and the details of them. There's nothing wrong with that but I check in from time to time and otherwise look elsewhere. Because of this I'm hoping the old forum can survive but Tapatalk may just be that unfortunate final blow.

Gregwill16

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2019, 11:19:58 AM »
+1 Dan, you hit the nail on the head. I tend to lean more towards original FE parts and cars but like it all. So hopefully the FE Forum will survive but not looking good. We did pick up another good moderator who has already taken a big step in the right direction with one that made the site less appealing on a daily, if not, post basis.

HvyFt4spd

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2019, 12:37:55 PM »
 Nice and peaceful isn't it? Lol That whole deal is sad but even at our local anything goes two day swapmeet that individual's actions got a mention from one of the handful FE fans to visit my space. Every Ford show including the Boss cars get together after Columbus someone brings it up. I just want to talk old Fords without all the drama.
,Dan

Dumpling

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2019, 02:45:55 PM »
Of the various forum formats, like the Clubcobra.com one the best.

winr1

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2019, 03:31:52 PM »
Any know how to delete your info and posts from the taptalk FE forum ??

Ricky.

Tommy-T

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2019, 09:38:07 PM »
I made the TapATalk transition without any trouble at all.

The FE Forum is my home. It will continue that way 'till the end of that forum.

If you want to see the build of my Comet straight axle deal, it will be on the FE Forum just cuz.

That said, this forum is just fine. I go here just after I go to the FE Forum. I indeed like to go to both forums and make fun of light-in-the-loafer resto guys and those who quiver in fear about cutting up their beloved "classic" Ford and Mercury products. UG!

So, carry on. By all means go to the sites you enjoy going to.

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2019, 12:30:44 AM »
I occasionally checked out the old forum after the switch. Even logged in a couple times, just don't like the layout of it now, plus the pushing to "donate" for add free. I just tried to log in last week and couldn't. Got 'strong armed' by TapACrap a couple months ago and passed on their force tactics. Guess I got booted then. Oh well.

Tommy, I'll be hacking a hole in the trans tunnel of my R code here soon. That should make your day..lol
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

GJCAT427

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2019, 04:37:52 AM »
Hey Doug, are you going to the Beaver on Thursday or Friday? I gotta contact them and see whats up with the camping at the track. Garry

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2019, 07:10:31 AM »
Garry, I get there on Thursday. Typically stay at the hotel though, then show back up at the track early Friday. They've always opened the track on Thursday before, for early comers. Hopefully that won't change.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

428kidd

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2019, 07:51:29 AM »
Im 100 percent with Dan, and Greg. I also agree with what Felony had said before the first change over. Having that said here we are and I don't know what to do . I like this form a lot, and thank Jay for what he has done. The old forum , like Tommy said is kind of my home. I would like to see the old forum on a independent format like this one. Having that said I migrated to TapaTalk  with no real issues. I Have no excess emails or robo calls. If there mining for info I like cars, woman, and middle of the road booze. Nothing really to gain from my exploits. I have tried to get some order to some of those that abuse the  forum as there own bully pull pit . Hopefully when he returns , not from my own hand but his, he will realize that it is not "His" forum and will post normally. I guess we shall see. I will be honest with everone here, I don't like a lot of the Tapatalk stuff, but I  find it manageable. To Joe , you can edit in your account to what you receive notifications about. I don't want to take any thing away from Jays site or what he has done for this forum or FE in general. I would like to ask anyone interested in doing so , id like to see the old Forum grow and not die out. Thanks guys and any way I can help let me know!

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2019, 09:40:54 AM »
Don't care for Tap-A-Talk, won't load the app on my devices either.  There are better choices for hosting IMHO.  I'll hit the fuel systems forum, but the rest I just forget about.