Author Topic: tap a talk non sense  (Read 5019 times)

fomocoloco

• View Profile
tap a talk non sense
« on: March 09, 2019, 10:03:02 AM »
did anyone else experience a lot of nonsense trying to log on to the old FE website? my tolerance for nonsense is short so after wasting a half hour or so to get logged on i just closed my account. do these idiots think that they can push us to these intolerable limits or is it just me?

jim
9 65-72  f100 sb trucks 6 428's 1 460 2 521 strokers
1 66 f100 lb ranger
3 67-75 f350
numerous parts vehicles and parts

Joe-JDC

• Truth stands on its own merit.
    • View Profile
Re: tap a talk non sense
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 10:49:32 AM »
Nope, not just you, I quit going over there and posting several months ago after I kept getting e-mails every time someone responded to a post.  It is not worth going to because there is no real FE information being given out, only trash talk, and some who have to add their two cents to every post.  Just easier to stay away.  Joe-JDC
Joe-JDC '70GT-500

WConley

• No longer walking funny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 11:31:05 AM »
I'm getting the ultimatum to migrate all of my Net54 login info to Tapatalk  >:(

It's probably best for me to just lurk there occasionally.  I'll keep posting here!

- Bill
A careful study of failure will yield the ingredients for success.

C6AE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 12:03:01 PM »
This place is good, thank you Jay for seeing the handwriting on the wall...

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 02:57:51 PM »
Ditto.  I lurked, posted a few times.  Got that ultimatum and figured....nope.
I'm on another forum, but it just asked if you want to use Tapatalk.  No demanding.
Larry

FERoadster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 03:12:29 PM »
I'm still on the FEForum and tried to sign up into the new method, BUT , they are trying to force me into a TAPaTalk  membership and unless I get one of the methods looks like I'm out of there.
Wes' Facebook forums are hard to follow with too many misunderstandings so I rarely go there. I know Wes and have been at his place a few times but his forums seem out of control.

I'm glad Jay has this on a good tragectory.

Richard

John67427

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2019, 03:23:29 PM »
I try to visit the old FE Forum every so often but not the same as the old site in any manner. This spot is much better for what most of us want to see and hear.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 03:25:32 PM by John67427 »

GJCAT427

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2019, 03:37:26 PM »
I thought when the forum was first taken over, they said everything was going to be fine, ya right. I went there to see what was being done and had no trouble logging on at first. The last week and a half I can`t log on at all. This week I can`t even read what's happening unless I go to the bottom of the page and click FE forum, then I can see whats happening, BUT I still can`t log on. So I guess the hell with it and keep right here and Facebook lurking.   

FElony

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2019, 03:43:08 PM »
I bet not one person here remembers who it was that warned about getting involved with an entity owned by the Chinese. Over and over again. Who was that?

FERoadster

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2019, 04:08:16 PM »
It had to be 65Billgal or TwistedcrankCammer (Gordon).  HaHa.

Felony you've been too tame lately to foresee and forecast something as such.

FERoadster

FElony

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2019, 07:42:26 PM »
It had to be 65Billgal or TwistedcrankCammer (Gordon).  HaHa.

Felony you've been too tame lately to foresee and forecast something as such.

FERoadster

Lately, but not when N54 was transitioning. I did homework on the Tapatalk Corp (owned by people in Shanghai) and spent time on the phone with Mr. Sprowl trying to get Anthony to adopt an independent platform like this one. But noooo way, not happening. I tried.

Look at how the Chinese operate. They steal virtually everything they can, they treat their own people like shit, and they stick to nothing they agree on. What a surprise they are data mining and tracking everyone on Tapatalk. I called it then and nobody paid attention to me, as usual. And there you have it.

I also tried to get mod privilege for an Off Topic forum, if Anthony had gone the right way. What a riot that would have been for the few that have a sense of humor. That it didn't happen is a tragedy second only to full Global Thermonuclear War.

bsprowl

• View Profile
    • Ford FE Information
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2019, 10:04:55 PM »
I'm believe I'm still a moderator there but I haven't been able to login lately.  Tapatalk doesn't recognize me but it used to - WTF. 

Bob

FElony

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2019, 10:54:39 PM »
I'm believe I'm still a moderator there but I haven't been able to login lately.  Tapatalk doesn't recognize me but it used to - WTF. 

Bob

So Bob, you know Anthony better than most. What the heck is going on in his head? Does he really even care about his forum?

FERoadster

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2019, 10:56:48 PM »
Lets see if Lance (428kidd) a new  moderator there chimes in. He is also a member here.
Lance, HenrysNephew and I are members of a not so secret FEHoarders Society, We even have a secret handshake. only it's digital.
Richard

FElony

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2019, 11:56:58 PM »
Lets see if Lance (428kidd) a new  moderator there chimes in. He is also a member here.
Lance, HenrysNephew and I are members of a not so secret FEHoarders Society, We even have a secret handshake. only it's digital.
Richard

Hehehe. A hoarder's group ain't diddly without me involved. I Laugh Out Loud. Here's my response to you...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9QEAtcz3o8
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 11:41:04 AM by FElony »