Author Topic: Guess my horsepower  (Read 19053 times)

Jim Comet

• View Profile
Re: Guess my horsepower
« Reply #90 on: May 13, 2019, 10:26:56 AM »
So I was looking and thinking and noticed my 2" primary x 3" outlet merge collectors neck down to 2 1/4" in the merge area before opening up to 3". Could that have been a restriction? Maybe causing or contributing to my high rpm rich lean fluctations? It may be worth a try once I get the car on the track to try some better collectors that do not neck down so much. Any opinions? Thanks, Jim

ec164

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2019, 07:18:34 PM »
So I was looking and thinking and noticed my 2" primary x 3" outlet merge collectors neck down to 2 1/4" in the merge area before opening up to 3". Could that have been a restriction? Maybe causing or contributing to my high rpm rich lean fluctations? It may be worth a try once I get the car on the track to try some better collectors that do not neck down so much. Any opinions? Thanks, Jim

Jim if my opinion counts, I think that merge down to 2.250 may help, most any race collector will choke down like that. Only one cylinder at a time has to get out!        Al
You're ahead in a Mercury......all the way

prost

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 22, 2019, 07:15:39 PM »
Barry, isn't this the exact same problem we ran into with that 850 DP on the Tunnel Port motor? Same fluctuations until we swapped the carb for yours?