Author Topic: What Kids Do To These Days  (Read 4738 times)

chris401

What Kids Do To These Days
« on: January 06, 2019, 10:15:47 AM »
kids do certain things simply because it annoys the prior generation.   It has been that way since the dawn of time....

I robbed the above from another post that is in danger of being derailed.

My personal worst was the skater haircut and blasting annoying music.The fad I never did get was the sagging pants. That is some stupid thing my generation started in the late 80's. You see adults(?) and kids still doing this today. The ones roaming the streets make no sense. Not all kids are bad or scared enough to carry a gun. They just lack common sense. How do the fight or run from a fight while holding up there pants? I think the fad is more "look how little sense we have".

My427stang

• View Profile
Re: What Kids Do To These Days
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 11:04:02 AM »
I don't like it, but as a guy in the military I also have a crew-cut and have uniform shirts tailored and pulled tight with shirt garters :)

That being said, if we were animals in the wild, we'd be walking up to the old guard and taking a swipe at them to take over.  Our brains override that, but it's just a step of breaking free when come of age.  Combine it with peer pressure and it turns into new fad.

---------------------------------
Ross
Bullock's Power Service, LLC
- 70 Fastback Mustang, 489 cid FE, Victor, SEFI, Erson SFT cam, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11 9 inch.
- 71 F100 shortbed 4x4, 461 cid FE, headers, Victor Pro-flo EFI, Comp Custom HFT cam, 3.50 9 inch

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 11:29:47 AM »
A couple of years ago the wife and i decided to eat at a burger restaurant.
While we where eating a bunch of guys maybe 17-18 years old came in
with their pants halfway down the ass.  One had big skidmarks up his
underpants :o gross. My first thought was let it be, but since they tried hard
to act like real hard gangsters. I told him to pull up his pants until his mum
teaches him to wipe his but properly....  you know its not fitting for a gangster
like you to display skidmarks like that.  The public can think you got so scared
you shit your pants. That took the gangster out of the whole group, no more
hand signs and loud talking ,just quietly waiting in the cue, all of them started
to adjust their pants while they discreetly looking for skidmarks on them self ;D ;D

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

wowens

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 12:47:47 PM »
Heo
That is funny as he'll. Mind if I use it ?
Woody

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 02:07:48 PM »
You are free to use it Wowens

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

67428GT500

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 02:17:18 AM »
Clothing fads come and go. However, I have never seen the ignorance, entitlement and outright disrespect I see with the last generation. My father 30 when he had me. I am an only son but he grew up farming in West Virginia up hill.. Literally.  He is self-made and was one of the best trouble shooting electricians in the oil industry.  My mother went to college in the evening after being a stay at home mother until I was in my teens. She wound up earning her doctorate.  I am thankful I was passed on their sense of work ethic and personal drive. They were leaders and instrumental in my outcome. I never being arrested or in any kind of trouble growing up.

I am thankful I don't have children that behave like these worthless turds do. I would go to jail for beating their asses. I am thankful I never had to lead these type of people during my time as an Infantry officer.
                                                                                         -Keith

blykins

• View Profile
    • Lykins Motorsports
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 08:39:37 AM »
The pants sagging thing absolutely makes my blood boil.  Just don't get it. 
Brent Lykins
Lykins Motorsports
Custom FE Street, Drag Race, Road Race, and Pulling Truck Engines
Custom Roller & Flat Tappet Camshafts
www.lykinsmotorsports.com
brent@lykinsmotorsports.com
www.customfordcams.com
502-759-1431
Instagram:  brentlykinsmotorsports
YouTube:  Lykins Motorsports

shady

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2019, 09:55:48 AM »
Worst I did was long hair & bell bottoms. Driving a FE Ford was about as rebellious as I got. Those 454 Chevelles just knocked my dick in the dirt.
What goes fast doesn't go fast long'
What goes fast takes your money with it.
So I'm slow & broke, what went wrong?
2021 FERR cool FE Winner
2022 FERR cool FE Winner
2023 FERR cool FE Winner

67428GT500

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2019, 10:07:05 AM »
Brent, Perhaps what's worse is the origin of "sagging". It was used as a signal for prisoners as to the "availability" of an individual.  Why it would be adopted as cool by blacks is beyond me. Sadly, because of the Rap and Hip-Hop crap culture it became main stream. 

I can't stand the freak piercings and the need to tat up like a multi-felon or feminine men.  Nazi-feminist just add to this conundrum.  There are two genders. Male and Female. You can't be one because you think you are. You are what you're born. I will not change pronouns to perpetuate your lies and to comfort you.

We live in some very bad times and if we have to rise up and defend this nation it will likely be us in 40-65 group who do it. I do not like the horizon I see.

I could drone on telling you stories about some of the passengers I have had to contend with. Nothing worse than having to come off the flight deck to deal with them en route.

I don't know if complaining is going to help. Perhaps getting our claws into the younger ones and teaching them skills and getting them off play station and out doing physical work and activities would be a great start.

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2019, 10:11:03 AM »
Yall got too much time on your hands.....

67428GT500

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2019, 10:44:50 AM »
I am recovering from having my chest split. Perhaps I do at the moment.  Drew probably avoids the turds we deal with on a regular basis. lol
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 12:17:03 PM by 67428GT500 »

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2019, 11:06:48 AM »
History has always had goofy teens, and idiotic adults. 
Ignore them, dwell on the ones that are trying to make something of themselves.

At work, we have plenty of know it all, do nothing type kids.  Just as many older folks.  We just fire them and spend our timing training the folks that have a desire to learn.
Making a negative into a positive.

Sorry to hear about the heart issues.  Can take awhile to recover from.

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2019, 12:39:52 PM »
Not gonna lie, I've done more than my share of stupid stuff in life. I have hopes that I'll outgrow it someday soon though.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2019, 02:09:24 PM »
Yes i have done a lot of stupid  things in my life. Hey! it did not seems stupid until after i done them ;D
But showing of my skidmarks in the face of eating people is not one of them.
If they annoy me i annoy them, You have to give and take ;)

What can i say Drew, I'm retired for gods sake and i have no problem with
tresspassers on my lawn so i have to look for things that pisses me of ;)

shady

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2019, 02:50:49 PM »
I was always ahead of my time. Had shaved my head long b4 it became popular. Wore  hooded sweatshirts since 1970. Still wear them but heaven forbid if I put the hoodie up or some one will ask if I'm a hood rat. Whatever that is. I also had my pants down around my knees quite often. Thank goodness her dad never caught me.
What goes fast doesn't go fast long'
What goes fast takes your money with it.
So I'm slow & broke, what went wrong?
2021 FERR cool FE Winner
2022 FERR cool FE Winner
2023 FERR cool FE Winner