Author Topic: What Kids Do To These Days  (Read 4754 times)

chris401

Re: What Kids Do To These Days
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2019, 04:16:37 PM »
Yall got too much time on your hands.....
In good humor: You posted twice to tell us WE have too much time on our hands.

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2019, 04:28:50 PM »

Lol..... true, but I'm here reading about engines vs finding things to pick on the youth about :P

Today I tested out 4 sets of 2x4 carbs, I surf the net waiting for the engine to cool off.
Here ya go Chris.... my favorite set of the day:

IMG_1333[1] by Drew Pojedinec, on Flickr

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2019, 06:37:35 PM »
This is the moment I realized I'm beginning to age (I'm 29 btw).....

Over Christmas we were at my girlfriend's families Christmas. Her little nephew, about 9 years old, said something about some guy, a name I had no idea about. I asked who he was talking about and he said this guy is like the Michael Jordan of video gaming. "Everyone logs in to watch him game". I couldn't fathom that somebody would get onto their computer to watch somebody else that's on his computer playing video games. I must have had some awful look on my face and the Nephews dad chimes in and says "Mike, this is a very popular thing now, this isn't abnormal". I still don't get it.
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

chris401

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2019, 11:55:38 PM »

Lol..... true, but I'm here reading about engines vs finding things to pick on the youth about :P

Today I tested out 4 sets of 2x4 carbs, I surf the net waiting for the engine to cool off.
Here ya go Chris.... my favorite set of the day:

IMG_1333[1] by Drew Pojedinec, on Flickr
That is a good looming set up. Did you make the air cleaner?

67428GT500

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2019, 02:50:53 AM »
I have two M1- Garands and an original former FBI Thompson. Not to mention being a former Paratrooper. NOW GET OFF MY LAWN!  8)

chris401

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2019, 11:38:47 AM »
History has always had goofy teens, and idiotic adults. 
Ignore them, dwell on the ones that are trying to make something of themselves.

At work, we have plenty of know it all, do nothing type kids.  Just as many older folks.  We just fire them and spend our timing training the folks that have a desire to learn.
Making a negative into a positive.

Sorry to hear about the heart issues.  Can take awhile to recover from.
     Your right about being positive. If I was brow beat about everything I would not have responded well either. I just happen to be someone who looks around and notice details about people. The fact is every generation gets more selfish and in turn it reflects on there children. Children simply get frustrated when there parents are not around. They want and need direction and boundaries. Compared to others skill sets I am somewhat limited to working the repair industry. Even so telling an employer no to unreasonable hours was not a problem. I ended up losing one and not taking a few other decent paying jobs because I would not spend my evenings and weekends away from home. We still made mortgage, car payments and met other basic needs. If I can do it most others can too. I figured my son would get to see all my mistakes first hand and have a better idea of how to improve things for his family.
     Granted I have typed as much in this post as dad said in a week, but him and mom were always there. Not many have had the opportunity to work with our kids like my brother and I did with my dad in his construction business. Latter on I realized how many young boys and young men my dad was a father figure to. Seems corny saying that. I can think of about 5 older than me that were moved out of DFW and Houston area neighborhoods and put to work with us. Seems the more violent ones were easier to work with than the loud mouths (that was usually my position). They developed respect for a man quieter, tougher and willing to spend time teaching them a trade. From working with them I learned a little about gangs and how it was not always a simple matter of not joining. One young man was the one working while his kid sister was still in high school. No parents and no car he had to walk to his evening job and could not be at home to protect his sister from a local gang member. Him joining an opposing gang protected his sister while she finished school. He was only a couple of years older than me and it was easy to put myself in his place.
     OK Drew I am going to get back to work, my spine is frozen and the ice pack is warm so I am done preaching.

chris401

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2019, 11:46:56 AM »
Not gonna lie, I've done more than my share of stupid stuff in life. I have hopes that I'll outgrow it someday soon though.
Maybe you can help, are the lawmans Charger Pursuit faster than a stroked FE? I have the urge to find out but the F-100 is a long way from being ready.