Author Topic: Roll call for Drag Week...  (Read 21032 times)

cjshaker

• View Profile
Re: Roll call for Drag Week...
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2017, 07:06:02 PM »
Glad you made it, Jim.
Bummer to hear Cody won't make it. I was looking forward to seeing your truck, but totally understand about having to much to finish.

We made it to the hotel. No problems on the drive except the people around Chicago who have ZERO driving courtesy. Apparently turn signals and allowing people to move over have not been explained to people there.

Only problems I had was another busted exhaust hanger (damn cheap parts store stuff, I'll make my own this time) and the fact that,apparently, when I checked brake fluid level in the truck, I forgot to snap the holder back on the cap. I noticed the brake pedal going a bit lower the last 70 miles or so, so went to check the level and found the cap gone, the front well empty and the back one close to it. Nice. I refilled it, put a piece of rubber over it and bungee strapped a piece of wood over it to hold it in place. Hopefully that'll work OK till I find a replacement or get back home. Gotta love it when your problems are self induced  >:(
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2017, 08:08:27 PM »
So I called the local Auto Zone to see if I could get a master cylinder reservoir cap and the GIRL on the phone asked if I wanted the rotor also. I just love parts store counter people ::)  I gave up on her real quick. Then I called the local O'Rileys (I think it was anyway) and the guy there was actually helpful. I couldn't get just the cap, but he could order me the cylinder WITH a cap, so he's doing that and will hold it for me till I get back next Saturday.

Meanwhile, my fix..lol
Sorry I can't resize, you'll have to enlarge, then right click and "view image".
Doug Smith

'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2017, 08:51:00 PM »
Holy shit Doug! You win my award for the most effin' shade-tree yet effective road fix of all time!

Gosh, you outta bronze that wood block when you get home and mount it above the fireplace as a conversation piece!

Man, if wood could talk....... ;)
Bob Maag

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2017, 03:41:05 AM »
 :o You think its thick enough Doug? ;D ;D
Good luck for the rest of the week

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2017, 07:07:02 AM »
I was going to use a piece of plywood, but I like to over-engineer things..lol
Doug Smith

'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

CaptCobrajet

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2017, 12:55:35 PM »
Doug is true FE blue!  Not only is he running an FE, but he also towed with one!  Best of luck Mr. Doug......
Blair Patrick

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2017, 06:15:03 PM »
Yes sir, Mr. Blair, all my trucks have been FE powered for the last 26 years. Kept an even 55-60 mph and your 390 pulled it without even grunting.
Doug Smith

'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe