Author Topic: Has anyone taking the trip from new York to LA  (Read 5925 times)

Barry_R

• View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
Re: Has anyone taking the trip from new York to LA
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2017, 06:36:21 PM »
...bought a Model-T centerdoor drove to Milwaukee to an Indian dealer Then to Indianapolis To a Bucket -T meeting .A quick visit to CJ Shaker. Then to Survival Motorsport in Detroit

Never saw a Model T in the back of a U-Haul truck before :)
Or since...

chris401

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2017, 11:29:35 PM »
That isn't Georgia, that is Atlanta.  Where I live is so far away from there it is in a different time zone.  I need to set my watch ahead 50 years when I go up state.
Blow up the picture and move it back and forth.

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2017, 04:00:01 AM »
...bought a Model-T centerdoor drove to Milwaukee to an Indian dealer Then to Indianapolis To a Bucket -T meeting .A quick visit to CJ Shaker. Then to Survival Motorsport in Detroit

Never saw a Model T in the back of a U-Haul truck before :)
Or since...

There is a first time for everything ;D
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 08:02:52 AM by Heo »

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

Tommy-T

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2017, 01:29:09 PM »
Mrs.-T and I have made the cross country trip several times. We have met several FE Forum members along the way and have had a great time with them.

Unless you are driving 'round the clock, the drive from LA to NY is going to take nearly a week in itself. North America is BIG. There are several ways to make the trip from interstate highways, to Route 6 (not to be confused with Route 66) which is the longest (now decommissioned) highway in America. Pick what you want to see then pick your route.

You can drive Route 66 from California but it's a little tricky because each city you pass through from the beach claim it's the original route and can take you all sorts of ways. I suggest starting from Barstow for a little less confusion. Even that gets weird as Highway 40 covers some of it in Texas and New Mexico. I highly suggest driving 66 from the Colorado River to Kingman at least. Stay a couple of hours at Oatman.

Have fun in the U-S of A. If you're inclined to come to northern LA county...I'll buy you a steak. :)

Rory428

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2017, 02:23:00 PM »
Gotta agree with Tommy, unless you meant LA Louisiana, rather than LA Los Angeles California, its a lot more driving than a a couple of days. I have driven from my Canadian home, only 1/2 hour from the Canada/US border at Blaine Washington, straight down the I-5 freeway to Los Angeles, that trip alone is close to 24 hours of driving. I have worked out the trip from home to the FE reunion in Beaver Springs Pennsylvania, which is West of New York and much closer North to the Canadian border, and that trip was about 48 hours driving time, one way. I would doubt that driving from NewYork to LA Ca, at legal speeds could be done in less than 4 days of steady driving. North America covers a lot of ground.
1978 Fairmont,FE 427 with 428 crank, 4 speed Jerico best of 9.972@132.54MPH 1.29 60 foot
1985 Mustang HB 331 SB Ford, 4 speed Jerico, best of 10.29@128 MPH 1.40 60 foot.
1974 F350 race car hauler 390 NP435 4 speed
1959 Ford Meteor 2 dr sedan. 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed Toploader. 12.54@ 108 MPH

Galaxie352

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2017, 06:12:28 PM »
Thanks. I ment Los Angeles. Have played with the tought off going to dragweek also. Seems like alot off fun to see on the strip, and road.  :)
Robin
Norway
-65 Galaxie 352
-55 Crown victoria 272 yblock