Author Topic: New Trick Flow FE cylinder heads & Intake  (Read 96092 times)

plovett

Re: New Trick Flow FE cylinder heads & Intake
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2017, 08:10:39 AM »
Thanks!

scott foxwell

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2017, 10:11:18 AM »
When I look at the Summit website it says the flat tappet heads will ship tomorrow with a price of $888 per head. Seems like a good deal to me.

The intake shows a shipping data of 1/8 and a price of $500.
Those seem to have disappeared...

andyf

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2017, 02:59:36 PM »
When I look at the Summit website it says the flat tappet heads will ship tomorrow with a price of $888 per head. Seems like a good deal to me.

What disappeared? I still see the heads on my screen and when I called Summit they said they have them on the shelf. A local guy just got a set of the heads so they are real. My set is supposed to ship next week.

e philpott

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2017, 03:21:22 PM »
It says not available for me , Blair must have got the last set ? lol

whoops , I guess Image unavailable and " shipment 1-8-18 if ordered today " so must not be in stock
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 03:23:57 PM by e philpott »

scott foxwell

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2017, 03:24:36 PM »

What disappeared? I still see the heads on my screen and when I called Summit they said they have them on the shelf. A local guy just got a set of the heads so they are real. My set is supposed to ship next week.
I can't find the flat tappet heads for $888 anywhere on Summit. Didn't say they were real, just said they disappeared...as in maybe sold out? Trick Flow doesn't even show the FE as an engine choice on their website. Chilly's link is for a set that are selling for $959.50 available 1/8.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 03:28:54 PM by scott foxwell »

andyf

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2017, 03:50:13 PM »
Are you using the correct part number? Flat tappet heads are TFS-56417001-C00. When I enter that number I get "in stock" and $888. If you aren't a proshop member then the price will be higher........

scott foxwell

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2017, 04:12:40 PM »
Are you using the correct part number? Flat tappet heads are TFS-56417001-C00. When I enter that number I get "in stock" and $888. If you aren't a proshop member then the price will be higher........
Nope, just using the search function. Didn't see the p/n offered anywhere. You're right...the price is higher. Guess you left out that little detail... :(

wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2017, 04:30:01 PM »
I  talked with a parts man and he told me owner got to tour edelbrock foundry and he seen a skid ready to go.  It was marked trick flow but he did not say they were fe he did not know they cast trick flow parts.This was from motor state (lane automotive) I asked about a set of trick flow they did not have any yet but had four sets of edelbrocks.

Katz427

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2017, 04:40:15 PM »
I received an email from Trickflow to inform that Summit had cylinder heads in stock. That was yesterday, I have not tried yet to order.

C8WE

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2017, 06:28:51 PM »
Ordered and on there way.
Going to put them on the flow bench and see how they do.
They will be going on a 462 build for my 69 Torino formal roof custom cruiser.

Katz427

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2017, 11:11:16 AM »
Anyone received their heads yet? Wondering what chamber size is. Blair said he would post flow numbers. Curious, I have not bought any yet of any manufacturer.

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2017, 11:40:53 AM »
My local shop has two sets of heads.   They were pushing them on me Saturday.  Looks nice, I'm sure they will put them on their flow bench to see what they are like.

My plan was to maybe do a freshen up on my motor.  I did a compression check on it the other day and got 210-230# on all 8 holes.  Sounds solid.  I have an oil pan leak so it needs to come out and fix that.  I'm going to look at a few bearings and if all seems well I am not going to tear it down.  I have 4 seasons on it, plus 34 dyno pulls.

With no full rebuild cutting into the budget, I MIGHT look at upgrading my antique Ed's with a new set of TF's.  My Ed's were just hand worked when I bought them in 1996.  They flowed 280/220 on Fox Lake's flow bench.  That is what Barry's heads flow out of the box.  I can spend $1000 to get mine CNC'd or just upgrade to TF's.  I can sell my Ed's or maybe upgrade the blower car with better heads?(not that a blower needs it).  It's been 16 yrs on that 390, and it has a few leaks so maybe I need to pull it and tinker with it?

No money for a big roller cam upgrade, still have to run my old flat tappet.  Not sure if the power increase is worth the money?  We'll see after I get the motor out sometime soon.  Clutch needs a freshen up.  That won't be bad, I already have a new disc from last year's winnings if I need it.
Larry

Joe-JDC

• Truth stands on its own merit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2017, 11:16:38 PM »
What I don't understand is why everyone wants to jump ship at this point.  Edelbrock heads are solid, Survival heads are solid, BBMs are solid, and all three can be ported to make excellent power.  They are readily available right now.  JMO, but until someone actually flows a pair on their own flow bench, and compares them to the others the same day, it is apples to oranges about flow numbers.  Joe-JDC
Joe-JDC '70GT-500

chilly460

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2017, 11:56:35 PM »
I think folks, myself included, are just curious how they’ll perform.  Seems to me folks were just as excited when Felony and BBMs were coming out.

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2017, 09:00:07 AM »
I'm not jumping ship.  But monetary wise it might be better to buy the new TF versions.  They are already CNC and will come set up for my little cam.  They do seem to have fixed a few flaws of the older head designs and if I'm going to spend $1K for CNC work on my 20 yr old heads, I might as well spend $1500 and get new.  I can then use my old ones elsewhere or sell to recoup.  It is all up in the air til I get my junk apart and see if it needs anything. 

The shop I use has a bench, so we might flow mine this winter to just see how accurate it was from 20 yrs ago and after 1/2 dozen valve jobs since.  I know they will do the same to the TF heads so we can look at them apples to apples.
Larry