Author Topic: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!  (Read 225288 times)

jholmes217

• View Profile
Re: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 01:58:24 PM »
My name is Jeff Holmes, and I'm originally from Grove City, Ohio.  I have been a Mustang fan since I was 18 and bought a 67 coupe, but my dream car has always been a 1969 Cobra Jet Mach 1.  Five small block Mustangs later, I finally got my dream car this past November as a retirement present for myself when I retired from the Army after 26 years.  I currently live in Yelm, WA. and teach Army JROTC in Tacoma, Wa.

My first and only FE is a 1969 Black Jade Q code Mach 1 with top loader 4 speed and 3:50 gear rear end.  The engine currently is a C6ME-A externally balanced block (believe it is a 428, but have not opened it up to confirm) with 428 Cobra Jet heads.  The car came with a Offy 360 intake, but after reading Jay's dyno test results on the FE forum, I scored a Blue Thunder 4v intake for $440 on Ebay that I'm getting ready to put on soon.

I'm also married with three boys, who I'm trying to get into cars also, but they are still young (3, 4 and 8 years old).  I'm sure come prom night they will all of a sudden love 1969 Mach 1's!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 05:40:48 PM by jholmes217 »
Jeff
1969 Mach 1 Q code 428 Cobra Jet
4 speed, 3:50 traction lock
Olympia WA. area

427fan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2011, 10:49:28 PM »
My name is Craig Bisset & I come from Ballarat Australia. My FE fetish began when i was 18yo, i started my first job as a trade assistant & worked with John Lynch who owns a cammer powered 34 Roadster. 

ToddK

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 07:32:02 PM »
Hi, my name is Todd Keen, and I'm another FE fan down in Australia. In the past I have owned a 61 Mercury Monterey, a 68 Mustang fastback 390GT (which I sold waaaay to cheaply) and a 70 Galaxie. I currently am building a 64 Fairlane Thunderbolt clone drag car powered by a 482 cube FE. I would also like to get hold of a 62-64 Galaxie in the future. I've played with windsors, clevelands and 385s, but now I'm a commited (or should be commited) FE fan.

Kerry j

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2011, 10:20:32 PM »
Kerry Johnson here; I've been reading and learning on the FE Forum since 2001 or there about; don't remember exactly. My first FE experience was when my Dad bought a 1962 Merc Station wagon; it had a 352 and A/C and it was pretty much a turd. It was always over heating and had very little power, so I started off with a poor attitude about the FE. But then I was only 10 at the time, so eventually I got over it.

In 1976, I bought a 1974 F100 XLT 4X4 with a worn out 360, got a 390 from a 63 T Bird out of the junk yard and rebuilt it and replaced the 360. Big improvement in power, but it got horrible milage; drove it until 2001 and decided to restore the truck and replace the 390 with a 428. Took me about 6 years to get it done, but it's pretty much there.

During the truck rebuild, I got a 64 Galaxie a 61 Starliner and a 70 Mustang Mach 1 428 CJ, non shaker hood. I just built a 416 Tri Power to go in the Starliner and I'm building 496 to go in the 64 Gal. Hope I get the Gal done some day, but it sure is taking me a long time to git er done. The Gal was a rust bucket and it's been a real challenge getting all the sheet metal replaced and straight, but it's pretty much there now; I just need to find someone to paint it.

Anyway, I sure do enjoy reading and learning from you guys here and on the FE Forum, the knowledge and insight gained is invaluable.

My daily driver these days is a 2011 F150 4X4 with the 3.5 lite Eco Boost; it's a pretty impressive power plant, lots of power and I get 17 MPG around town and 19 or so on the freeway doing 80+.

dieselgeek

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2011, 01:57:02 PM »
Scott Clark here.   Of course I saw this sticky post as soon as I clicked "submit" on my "Hi I'm a dumb noob" post just below.   ::)

About me:
I'm focused mainly on EFI tuning - I live for it!   I'm a member of an Engine Masters Challenge team (enjoyed watching Barry Rabotnick qualify with his entry last year!), and I try to attend both Speedweek at Bonneville and Drag Week as many seasons as I can.  I'll be watching Jay hopefully win a class this year at DW2011!

Loving this forum so far,

-Scott

billballinger

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2011, 08:47:55 AM »
I am Bill Ballinger.  Many of you know me from the old forums.  This is my new home. It is a well laid out forum, that allows for things lacking in the other forum.  I have been misunderstood over in the old forums, and I know that many of you share both.  Please understand that I will respect the rules of this forum the same as I did the old ones.  I won't post anything that I don't have first hand knowledge of without a qualifier to guide the reader to a source with better understanding.

Also, I will carry no emotional baggage into this forum.  Any contact of a personal nature must be conducted via personal email or personal message.  But that said, I want all of our interactions to be fun.  Life is too short to waste on negativity.  This is a fresh start, and hopefully Jay can keep the bullies who have taken over the other forum out. 

Anyway, I am happy to a part of this forum, and if you have any questions I can answer I will do so, or direct you to the best source I know just as I always have.

mkolden

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2011, 11:38:01 AM »
Hello all! My name is Matt Kolden. I live in on the Iron Range in Northern MN.  I am 33 yrs have been collecting FE parts since I was 13.  I am a machinist at a local machine shop and I have my own CNC mill that I do work out of my garage with.  I try to read as much as I can on these forums to learn and mostly live vicariously through others. (Jay) 
I own a 61 starliner that currently has a 390 tri-power AT.  This winter I will be swapping for my 428 and 4 speed. I will have a few cam related questions when the time comes and look forward to all feedback.   

Joe M

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2011, 01:57:19 PM »
Hey everyone.  I'm Joe M and love FE engines.  I worked for Ford at Cleveland Casting and the Engine Plants in Brookpark Ohio but I'm retired now.  IMHO, there is no engine that looks as nice a fully dressed FE.  And no other engine sounds quite like an FE as well.  I first got hooked on FE engines when I used to crew for a guy who ran a 55 Ford with a 427 medium riser.  I bought a 69 Fairlane Cobra and it was awesome.  White with a blue bench seat interior, 428 CJ with a 4 speed.  Loved that car.  Got away though.  Had several CJ Mustangs and a 66 Fairlane with a 390.  I still have my first car too, a 68 Mustang which came with a 289 but now sports 428CJ/C6 power.  Kept the 289 emblems though!  Nothing like a little subterfuge.  Anyway, love this site and how it's organized.  Now I'll spend even more time on the computer!

FE_Rex

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2011, 05:42:57 AM »
Hello,

My name is Ken Slater AKA "Ken 67 Wagon" on the FE Forum and "FE_Rex" on most others.  I live about 1-hr west of Houston, TX.  Started with FE's in Fairlanes circa 92, ran a 67 Fairlane wagon in 98 before they were cool.  Have several cars and projects involving tractors (Ford), farm implements, cars(Ford), trucks(Ford), guns and many other mechanical contrivances - the older and more arcane - the better.

Regards to all,
Ken Slater

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2011, 10:17:09 AM »
Ken, welcome to you and the other recent new members!  Looking forward to your comments and contributions. I need to be checking this thread more often; hopefully I'll have time now that the 2011 Drag Week thrash is over... :D
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

FAKEWCODE

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2011, 11:16:02 AM »
Hello, my name is Dave Schaidle and I live near Peoria Illinois. I have a 1967 Fairlane and am in the process of converting it from a small block to a 390 I had saved from my high school car (a 67 Fairlane GT). Once I have it sorted out I plan on upgrading to a stroked side oiler I am building. I love all things Ford and admire the things some of you guys do with your cars. Jay and his fleet are amazing as are some of the other cars and people tied to this and the Ford FE forum. I had the good fortune to have met Jay during the Drag Week that he won with the '69 Mach and it motivated me to get my dormant Fairlane going again. I also have an 5.0 EFI '92 Ranger that my oldest son and I built as his high school car that was then passed down to his little brother last year when he left for the Naval Academy so I love this forum because it embraces modern technology for old dinasours.   

69Chop1

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2011, 09:26:00 PM »
Hello, I'm Jim (69Chop1) from Minnesota. I bought my first FE in 1965, it was in a 60 Starliner when I was living in LA. Had many 60s Fords with FEs in them and then moved up to 67-70 Mustangs with FEs in them.
Currently have 3 69-70 Mustangs with FEs in them. My (almost) daily driver is a 69 Mustang fastback with a chopped top, tubbed etc powered by a 428 CJ and a C6.

ScotiaFE

• Howie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2011, 12:26:47 AM »
Hello my name is Howie Merrette. I live in Nova Scotia, Canada.
I was a Canadian Navy Career Sailor who has had a love affair with FE's
for all of my life. I have owned the same crappy old 68 Mustang Fastback for a long time.
When I was getting divorced a few times it was my only car. I have hauled bags of cement in it. I have driven it in the winter in Nova Scotia, 428 power. I bought a Genesis 427 for it.
I have small collection of 67 Fairlanes.
My pride is a Nova Scotia sold GT S Code Candy Apple Red. I found it in a field a few years ago after searching for it for a number of years. It was stripped. It has a ways to go before I can take it for a spin, but I have collected almost all the stuff to do it.
I have been a regular on FORDFE for a few years now.
I think it would be really kool to see this site become as active and lively.
One can never have too much FE.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 02:20:45 PM by ScotiaFE »

Mike Anderson

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2011, 11:09:24 PM »
Names Mike Anderson and I've been messing with FEs since the mid 60s. Still have a dragcar (Pinto) that has run 9s with a 390 based FE and am putting my big motor back together this winter for it. Been a member of the FE Forum for a long time but dont post very much. I'm looking forward to being a member here.

MustangGT

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2011, 04:40:07 PM »
Hi guys.

My name is Morten Aase and I live in Norway. I've been working on cars for more than 30 years but I'm a complete greenhorn when it comes to American Iron. I work as a tool designer, mostly Solid Works but also Catia, AutoCAD and Pro/Engineer.
Bought my first amcar in may this year, a 1967 Mustang Fastback GT 390 4-speed. Found it on ebay, had it inspected and put on a boat. Got it registered and on the road july 1.
I love the car so far but there is a couple of things i want to do to it. First on the list is fix the engine. It ran ok when I first got it but has developed an oil consumption that went from acceptable to ridicolous in a few weeks.
It is more than enough bad weather here in Norway already for me to making big blue oil clouds also, hehe.

I've been in contact with Barry R already and even though I'd love for him to build me a killer all alu engine, I simply can't afford that unfortunatly. So, I'm looking for other options.

Looking forward to be part of this forum. I doubt I can post anything helpful to others due to lack of knowledge about FE's but I've built about 70 engines over the years so I have developed some mechanical skills at least.

Best regards
Morten
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 04:57:26 PM by MustangGT »