Author Topic: Buyer Beware - Bill Coon  (Read 35749 times)

babybolt

• View Profile
Re: Buyer Beware - Bill Coon
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2013, 06:56:39 PM »
I'm going to keep posting all of my stuff that Bill Coon ruined.  Still going around in court with Coon.  That Romulus court is corrupt, just look at the extra ordinary efforts Jay had to go through to collect his funds from Coon.  I had heard that Wayne county courts are bad, in fact two lawyers turned down my case when they found out the suit was in Wayne County.  The Romulus police have been busted and so has the mayor. 

babybolt

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2013, 07:01:50 PM »
Here what a Bill Coon looks like in his natural element.  If you see him, make sure your wallet is firmly in your pocket.  You can click on the script underneath the photo to enlarge or download it. 
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 07:04:49 PM by babybolt »

babybolt

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2013, 07:44:12 AM »
A 66 T-Bird Q code car and trailer the court awarded back to me.  When we arrived to move the trailer Coon had removed the wheels.  It took us close to 3 hours to jack the trailer up out of the dirt and throw all the scrap and junk out of the path of the trailer.  There were several 45 gallon drums full of something in the way.

The trailer was close to dead, no lights and the tires held up long enough to get it a friends house.  The trailer needed to be completely restored even though it had been gone through about 7 years ago.  I had to sell it cheap because it was not roadworthy.  This was my favorite trailer.  The Q code Bird I had to sell for less than the scrap price, because like the trailer it was dead unmovable weight. 

babybolt

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2013, 07:46:14 AM »
A 460 block I had to scrap.

babybolt

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2013, 10:17:27 PM »
A 289 block that had to be scrapped.

babybolt

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2013, 05:41:44 PM »
This is a brand new pair of E7TE small block heads after I got them back from Coon.  I gave them away to a friend who got screwed a lot worst than me.

babybolt

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2013, 04:56:23 PM »
One of my friends called me.  He said Bill Coon called him and is threatening to sue me for posting this stuff.

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2013, 12:11:59 AM »
So, does this mean that Bill Coon and/or Roger Gordon are watching this thread?  Cracks me up LOL!

What could you be sued for?  To sue someone for slander, it has to be proved that you knowingly spread false, defamatory information about them.  If I understand the situation correctly, all you are doing is bringing Coon's business practices to light. 
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

babybolt

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2013, 04:29:41 PM »
"Coons business practices"

Well I've looked many times but have yet to find a business license for Bill Coon.  He used to operate under Bills Speed Shop years ago but someone else took that name.

He has been "practicing" for at least 30 years now.  But an analogy is one of Coons favorite sayings; "some people are engine assemblers and some are engine builders" - to paraphrase him.

Coon has an attorney on retainer who's office is close by to the Romulus court.  Familiarity with the court officers and procedures gets him the inside track.  It just the way it works in courts in Michigan and probably most other courtrooms.  For instance I submit a motion a week ahead and it gets rejected, however Coons attorney submits one the day of a hearing and it gets accepted.  The chief judge in the Romulus court is very competent and I value her proficiency - and in this case extreme patience - however she is also a compassionate judge who gives many people breaks, which is very noble - usually.  But in Coon's case, I think he and his lawyer has taken advantage of her generosity over the years (Bill Coon has been there many times).  I am at a huge disadvantage being out of state and also having a fool for an attorney - eh - that's myself.

No doubt Rodger Gorden peruses the web and prints off anything about Coon and sends/gives it to him.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 11:44:04 AM by babybolt »

babybolt

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2013, 09:22:39 AM »
Here's a picture of one of two junk 289 blocks that Bill Coon switched for my really nice 289 standard bore blocks.  My blocks were dealer take out blocks from the 60's.   He gave me two junk blocks, one is even stamped "COON".

babybolt

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2013, 08:33:01 AM »
Here's a picture of the block stamped "COON".  It was raining that day - the reason for the plastic bags.

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2019, 12:06:48 PM »
Bill Coon is still at it, see the most recent posts on this board at this link, and also reprinted below:

http://fepower.net/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=298.msg76428#msg76428

Bill Coon Steals Deposit

Bill Coon stole my $3000.00 deposit for a set of 427 SOHC (Cammer) heads.  After months of excuses I had to cancel the order but he won't return the deposit even though I have an invoice and cancelled check.  I have since learned this is a common business by Coon especially if you are located long distances from his shop in Romulus Michigan and the interstate costs to sue him.  As a small builder in the Phoenix area I have many many contacts and will be notifying every Cammer vendor, engine builder, magazine editor, major car auction and show promoter I can find.  All should be concerned this guy is killing interest in the Cammer.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 08:27:52 AM by jayb »
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC