Author Topic: Hydraulic roller lifters  (Read 2543 times)

bn69stang

• View Profile
Hydraulic roller lifters
« on: August 04, 2015, 07:41:30 PM »
 Getting ready to start my fe make over , and have a question on the lifters . Do i need to soak them in oil before assembly ? , this my first roller cam .. Bud
69 mach 1 , 428 C J  Blue Oval Performance BBM heads -T@D rocker s- Blue thunder intake - Comp hydr roller - MSD ignition - FPA headers- Holley 850 hp double pumper - TKO 600 - 9 inch 3.89 Detroit Locker . ride tech coil over conversion - power rack @ pinoin steering - 13 inch drilled @ slotted 4 wheel disc brakes ..

blykins

• View Profile
    • Lykins Motorsports
Re: Hydraulic roller lifters
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 08:30:59 AM »
I don't.  They get washed and oiled before they go in the bores, but I don't soak. 
Brent Lykins
Lykins Motorsports
Custom FE Street, Drag Race, Road Race, and Pulling Truck Engines
Custom Roller & Flat Tappet Camshafts
www.lykinsmotorsports.com
brent@lykinsmotorsports.com
www.customfordcams.com
502-759-1431
Instagram:  brentlykinsmotorsports
YouTube:  Lykins Motorsports

philminotti

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 05:33:43 PM »
I soaked my Crane lifters in oil overnight when I built my first motor.  Don't ask me why because I have no idea.  Unbeknownst to me, they filled with oil. After I installed them AND the intake and attempted to set the preload, I realized I was opening the valve and not compressing the lifter plunger.  Had to pull the intake and bleed all the lifters by hand.  Don't soak.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 05:36:20 PM by philminotti »

blykins

• View Profile
    • Lykins Motorsports
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 06:29:16 PM »
Usually when they do that, you can roll the motor over slowly and the lifters will bleed out.
Brent Lykins
Lykins Motorsports
Custom FE Street, Drag Race, Road Race, and Pulling Truck Engines
Custom Roller & Flat Tappet Camshafts
www.lykinsmotorsports.com
brent@lykinsmotorsports.com
www.customfordcams.com
502-759-1431
Instagram:  brentlykinsmotorsports
YouTube:  Lykins Motorsports

bn69stang

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 06:57:38 PM »
Ok thanks for the feed back guys , im at the back of the car now and working my way forward and try ng to keep all my bases covered , but making major changes to the stang for sure ,, Bud
69 mach 1 , 428 C J  Blue Oval Performance BBM heads -T@D rocker s- Blue thunder intake - Comp hydr roller - MSD ignition - FPA headers- Holley 850 hp double pumper - TKO 600 - 9 inch 3.89 Detroit Locker . ride tech coil over conversion - power rack @ pinoin steering - 13 inch drilled @ slotted 4 wheel disc brakes ..