Author Topic: Dyno results - Blair Patrick 445" with BBM as cast stock heads. 591HP/587TQ  (Read 14097 times)

BBMTech

Here's the dyno sheet that Blair just shared with us on a recent build he did. He'll likely chime in with all the engine specs when he has time, but basically it's a 445" 390-based stroker with out of the box BBM heads. No porting was done at all.

591 HP, 587 TQ with stock heads out of 445" on 93 pump gas - great work, Blair! We're pleased as more performance results come in verifying the performance of our heads.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 05:28:03 PM by BBMTech »

Nightmist66

• View Profile
(Edit - the image files of the sheets are too large. Once I figure out how to shrink them to the max size that Jay's forum allows I will post them.)

What a coincidence, check out the post "Install" in the tech forum. It should be enough to walk you through the process for getting the pics on here. Your not the first to stumble into this. Don't worry, it really isn't too hard though. ;)
Jared

66 Fairlane GT 390 - .035" Over 390, Wide Ratio Top Loader, 9" w/spool, 4.86

BBMTech

Done, and thanks!

Nightmist66

• View Profile
No problem, glad you got it. 8)
Jared

66 Fairlane GT 390 - .035" Over 390, Wide Ratio Top Loader, 9" w/spool, 4.86

cjshaker

• View Profile
1.32 here and 1.38 horsies per cube on the 482, on street engines. Pretty good numbers if you ask me.

I got a gander at both of these engines, plus a Super Stock engine he was delivering when we met up to do some dealing. Whoever gets these engines should be pretty happy.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

427HISS

• View Profile
Older thread, but the low down torque would make this combo a real nice street engine.

What are the specs ?
What's the apx cost ?

427HISS

• View Profile
Bump...?   

CaptCobrajet

• View Profile
About $12,500 with a single carb.  That one has a MR 2x4 dual plane.  It'd be around $14K.  The single carb RPM manifold and 850 carb would be real close on power on a combo like this.  Maybe 10-15 less peak power, probably 20-25 lb/ft more torque mostly down low.  It would probably be more appropriate to contact Brent or me in regards to prices.  I'm not sure the intent of the dyno section here was to do public interweb price quotes. JMO.  What say Mr. Jay on the subject??
Blair Patrick

blykins

• View Profile
    • Lykins Motorsports
Agreed.

Although it's not an advertisement and some people just want to know what stuff like this costs, I agree with Blair in that it's probably discussed off forum.
Brent Lykins
Lykins Motorsports
Custom FE Street, Drag Race, Road Race, and Pulling Truck Engines
Custom Roller & Flat Tappet Camshafts
www.lykinsmotorsports.com
brent@lykinsmotorsports.com
www.customfordcams.com
502-759-1431
Instagram:  brentlykinsmotorsports
YouTube:  Lykins Motorsports

427HISS

• View Profile
Man I'll tell ya, other than a side oiler or 428 to go in my Cobra, this 445's numbers is exactly,....what I want.
It actually may pass the 428 now.

I like the idea of it being a torque motor on the street and the low rpm & broad TQ curve is amazing !

Even at 3,500 rpm it's 556. Wow.....

What's wrong with posting prices ?
You don't have to post the exact cost making it a advertisement, if that's the issue.
There's a big difference between an ad,..... or guys just talking engine/parts with apx price.

It's like me researching the web for replacement patio doors, most want to come to your home to get pricing,
but I just want a figure, so if it's out of my price range, why waste my and your time ?

Also like sale ad's for cars, print your price rather than making me call, and wasting our time.

blykins

• View Profile
    • Lykins Motorsports
I see your point, it's not an advertisement, but then again, it's not my forum and Jay may have some other reasoning......or he may agree.
Brent Lykins
Lykins Motorsports
Custom FE Street, Drag Race, Road Race, and Pulling Truck Engines
Custom Roller & Flat Tappet Camshafts
www.lykinsmotorsports.com
brent@lykinsmotorsports.com
www.customfordcams.com
502-759-1431
Instagram:  brentlykinsmotorsports
YouTube:  Lykins Motorsports

427HISS

• View Profile
I also agree, it's up to him. No problem.

e philpott

• View Profile
[quote author=427HISS link=topic=2828

What's wrong with posting prices ?
You don't have to post the exact cost making it a advertisement, if that's the issue.
There's a big difference between an ad,..... or guys just talking engine/parts with apx price.

It's like me researching the web for replacement patio doors, most want to come to your home to get pricing,
but I just want a figure, so if it's out of my price range, why waste my and your time ?

Also like sale ad's for cars, print your price rather than making me call, and wasting our time.
[/quote]

if your serious about buying a engine you need to talk in person and it's not wasting anybody's time ...... I know for a fact Blair's a two fingered typer (lol) It would take him hours to detail and price something on the net per everyones "how much" ...lol

427HISS

• View Profile
lol, yes but, guy's like me that just need the basic info build, power numbers and price is pretty fast, especially if it is or almost a crate engine, the builder probably has a spec sheet and can post it easily. Then, if you want that engine, you need to call and chat details and final price.

On a different thread, Brent has most the information and price with his 445.

Many years ago when I had my Hot Rod business, I got so tired,.....of people calling me asking the same questions, that they could have just looked on my website, unless they did not have a computer. lol....

I'm a two finger guy also, so writing anything,....takes all fricken day !   ::)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 11:13:16 AM by 427HISS »

e philpott

• View Profile
I do believe BBM is gearing up for some brand new long blocks or crate engines ....which would be a standardized price deal here in the near future , Blair's stuff is totally custom built one on one per customer deal , I'm sure Brent is too