Author Topic: Roots supercharging a Ford FE?  (Read 47152 times)

RJP

• View Profile
Re: Roots supercharging a Ford FE?
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2014, 12:01:36 PM »
And not much of an SBC- girlfriend hinted at a pretty stock engine with a little cam. Guy was pretty pompous, but wouldn't start it up, and got real huffy when asked about the questionable "plumbing" LOL- good candidate for a Thumper aka Poser cam
I met him a couple of times at PCR....Wasn't friendly at all. But then again if I had that thing and it ran the way it did I'd be hatin' the world too.

Yeah, from what I heard the owner was FOS. In his ad when he sold the boat, it stated that it was a testbed for his Bonneville program and it evolved into what it was. He claimed he never raced it or ran it hard, just putted around with it.

In any case, he sold the boat without the engine and it is currently sitting in the space next to my shop waiting for a real twin turbo engine to be installed.
"FOS"? ??? Not familiar with that one....but I bet I'll slap my forehead when you define. ::) I didn't know he sold the boat but I haven't been involved since the BLM kicked out all the resorts at Berryessa when their leases were up. Very few places to go with a V-drive anymore.

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2014, 12:04:35 PM »
Full Of ...  ;D

I can hear your hand smacking your forehead from here LOL!
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

RJP

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2014, 01:02:16 PM »
Full Of ...  ;D

I can hear your hand smacking your forehead from here LOL!
Damn....shoulda known....and now I have a big red mark on my forehead.  :o

Joe-JDC

« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2014, 04:16:35 PM »
Lady I know went to see a Doctor because she was having terrible abdominal pains, and nothing she could do was helping.  After extensive questioning and a thorough exam, he told her her problem was she was FOS.  She stammered and asked how long she had to live, and the Doctor just grinned.  He was being polite, and gave her a perscription.  She was worried, and called her husband and told him the bad news.  He just smacked his forehead, and said for her to get her perscription.  The druggist was kind to her, and quietly explained what the medicine was for, and she turned red in the face for two weeks.  LOL.  Joe-JDC.

RJP

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2014, 06:29:29 PM »
Lady I know went to see a Doctor because she was having terrible abdominal pains, and nothing she could do was helping.  After extensive questioning and a thorough exam, he told her her problem was she was FOS.  She stammered and asked how long she had to live, and the Doctor just grinned.  He was being polite, and gave her a perscription.  She was worried, and called her husband and told him the bad news.  He just smacked his forehead, and said for her to get her perscription.  The druggist was kind to her, and quietly explained what the medicine was for, and she turned red in the face for two weeks.  LOL.  Joe-JDC.
Very common affliction that FOS.....Seems to be much more common in the Washington DC area but its too bad there aren't any pills to alleviate their suffering. >:(