Brent is right, I may be too calm and patient, but honestly it's based on my experiences and not just engines. No need to let it make you crazy Frank, crazy drives mistakes. You do not have to agree, and I do not expect an admission from either side, ever, that the other is right or wrong.
Good point on Molnar and SCAT in terms of flow of money. I can't really argue if the parts are a complete copy, but like Brent, my Carillos in my Cobra did not at all look like a SCAT or Molnar or K1. Additionally, SCAT parts in general do not seem to be a copy of any stateside piece that I know of, so YES, money going overseas is sure not where I like to be, but those parts are less of an intellectual property issue. In fact, maybe my AFR was a bad example in hindsight, especially if AFR comissioned them to do it. My issue has been has always been with the blatant copy of heads and intakes re-released into our market.
Unfortunately, there are not as many good opportunities between rods and cranks as there are heads, so when money is flowing AND it's a copy as well for heads and intakes, I get a bit more reluctant. Shame on me for adjusting the rules to my argument, but I am not dying on the sword for anti-Chinese as much as saying, when you have an option, avoid the Chinese copy.
I do not know a crank or rod supplier than an average Joe can budget for right now. I'd like to see a SCAT priced US only capscrew I-beam for 6.488 rods, same with all cast and forged cranks, with light and affordable options for the strokers. I'll continue to chase options for those, but at this point no leads.
I meant it, at some point a good, repeat customer will show up at my shop with a set, I don't have an answer, but hope they don't.