Author Topic: Ghosted by Jerico  (Read 2908 times)

fekbmax

• View Profile
Ghosted by Jerico
« on: February 15, 2022, 10:25:22 AM »
Anyone dealt with Jerico lately? I'm getting no response back. Granted I only made a couple calls and sent 2 e mails. Have always gotten reasonably quick responses back in the past.
Keith.  KB MAX Racing.

6667fan

• Every Second Counts
    • View Profile
Re: Ghosted by Jerico
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2022, 11:39:14 AM »
I had to connect with them about an input shaft one month back. I had no trouble reaching them via the number that is on their website.
JB

67 Fairlane 500
482 cid 636/619.
Tunnel Wedge, Survival EMC CNC heads, Lykins Custom Hydraulic Roller, Ram adjustable clutch, Jerico 4-spd, Strange third member with Detroit Locker, 35 spline axles, 4.86
10.68@125.71 1.56 60’

cleandan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2022, 12:47:48 PM »
At this time, and for about 1.5 years, I have adjusted my response expectations quite a bit.
If the crew at Jerico have Covid they may be effectively closed until things clear up...always keep that thought as a plausible reason you are not hearing from them quickly.

For now keep trying to contact them, keep records of the day and time when you do try, and give some grace about their response time.

Things will either prove to be okay, just slow, or something else has gotten in the way.

350superduty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2022, 08:53:17 AM »
 I had Jerico rebuild my DR4 after destroying it at the last FE Reunion in September. I had no issues dealing with them, very responsive and turn around time was within a month. If you can, speak to Scott. Only downside was the cost of the parts, but that goes with the territory.

JERICOGTX

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2022, 11:25:18 AM »
Any update on this?

350superduty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2022, 02:59:47 PM »
 Just out of curiosity, i called today and they answered right away. Spoke to Scout about pricing on changing 1st gear ratio.

fekbmax

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2022, 03:33:17 PM »
Any update on this?

Yes. Talked to Scott.  Jerico still on the list, be making a decision soon to determine if they make the short list. 
Keith.  KB MAX Racing.

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2022, 11:01:36 PM »
Saw a post on Facebook with someone selling a Jerico/shifter/etc.  I just glanced at it, as I have no use for one.
Larry

JERICOGTX

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2022, 02:16:31 PM »
Any update on this?

Yes. Talked to Scott.  Jerico still on the list, be making a decision soon to determine if they make the short list.

What are you trying to decide? Buying a new transmission? If so, what is the application? Street? Road Race? Drag Strip?

hwoods

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2022, 03:31:19 PM »
Liberty was advertising some refurbished 5 spd clutch less for $6500 if that is of interest
it is hard to balance your check book with your testoserone level
Previous FE Cars:   1965 Ford Galaxie 390/4spd then upgraded to 427 sideoiler
1970 Maverick 427 sideoiler.  X Pro Stock Car
Current build in progress 1964 Thunderbolt Clone

fekbmax

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2022, 06:35:58 PM »
Any update on this?

What are you trying to decide? Buying a new transmission? If so, what is the application? Street? Road Race? Drag Strip?

Yes I'm in the market for a clutchless 4 or 5 speed. I been running a Jerico DR4C (non revised) since 2005, infact I have 2 of them, one is new old stock, has no runs on it at all. The other I have ran for quite a while. I'm looking to upgrade, need something that will handle more power. Something that wont constantly need to be worked on. I was trying to get some information on Jerico's clutchless split case. Sure I see what they have written up on there site, Scott pretty much echoed those same things when I talked to him. I was looking more for info on who's running them and what they think, how they like it and how durable it is. Turns out there's only a hand full of them out there as per Scott's words. Apparently Ray Paquette rus one or has atleast but I dont know Ray and I'm not close to the area to the SS. Events he would be racing. I literally cant find anyone that has ran one or any kind of reviews or info on them so yeah.. I do however know a hand full of people at a few tracks around me that run the GF-2000 and love them. Even a few heavy pro street  nitrous cars and they hold up really well even in that environment.  I wish I coulda got some reviews on the Jerico split case, theres just nothing out there and even Scott didnt seem to want to up sell his stuff. As of now if I go split case I'm prob gonna go GF-2000 . Right now though im Leaning hard towards the CS-4 light weight (well lighter than the CS1 lol) as I have a ton of experience with lenco from the top sportsman car..
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 06:40:40 PM by fekbmax »
Keith.  KB MAX Racing.

JERICOGTX

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2022, 06:03:41 AM »
If Clutchless is what you are after, then by far Liberty Equalizer is the way to go. Every single Pro Stock car has one for a reason.

SSdynosaur

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2022, 08:39:59 PM »
I already sense the flames but if you have a choice between a Liberty Extreme 4 speed and a 5 speed clutchless, choose the 5 speed. I race in NHRA SuperStock with a Liberty 4 speed clutchless for the last 10 years and can verify that maintenance on a 4 speed is, exponentially, higher than a 5 speed. The problem is universal to any manufacturer's 4 speed clutchless; the gear ratio spacing is simply so wide on a 4 speed, by comparison to 5 speed spacing, that gear rpm equalization damage during the upshifts accelerates to the point that 3rd speed dogs and slider require service (replacement) between 12 to 20 full rpm shifts. This is NOT an issue with the 5 speed boxes, as SuperStock users report that they easily go 100 runs without requiring service. You will hit the B.S. wall when you attempt to verify what I am reporting from mine and several other S/S racer's 4 speed experiences. Don't misunderstand, my Liberty Extreme is a brute and this is the only issue I have ever had with his trans. Additionally, don't miss the fact that a ProStock car is 2350lbs, requiring a lot less 1st gear ratio than a 3300lb SuperStock car which calculates into causing those gear spacing statements made earlier. Choose wisely, good luck.

fekbmax

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2022, 09:11:33 PM »
Thanks for all the input guys, I do appreciate it.
Keith.  KB MAX Racing.

JERICOGTX

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2022, 06:04:20 AM »
Definitely go with a 5 speed if rules do not dictate the need for a 4 speed. I bought a 4 speed just because some day, I might want to go Super Stock racing, and do not want to buy another trans down the road. I did buy extra sliders to keep in the trailer just in case.