Author Topic: Way Off Topic - Need experience/knowledge deleting dpf/egr off of 2012 F350  (Read 1854 times)

JacksFordParts

• View Profile
Any tips, help, experience or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jack

540 664 for four one ate

Posi67

• View Profile
Re: Way Off Topic - Need experience/knowledge deleting dpf/egr off of 2012 F350
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2021, 09:01:38 PM »
Probably find lots of info on YouTube but a good Diesel mechanic would be your best bet.

RustyCrankshaft

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 04:39:15 PM »
Is it gas or diesel? If it's diesel the delete is the easy part, finding someone who will still do a delete tune for a 6.7 will be the hard part. Now that the EPA is fining smaller outfits out of existence they're not just selling delete files over email/counter anymore.

JacksFordParts

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 09:55:49 PM »
6.7 diesel

RustyCrankshaft

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2021, 07:10:36 PM »
About your only option is to make a voice call to someplace outside the States that still does tuning. I'm not going to type there names on an open forum, but there are outfits in Canada and the Caymans, South Africa that will still write the tunes. The hard parts you will likely just need to fab yourself, but they're easy enough to build.

I'm unaware of anyone openly advertising and selling delete stuff anymore in the US, although you might find someone if you call around. The tuning software I had when it auto-updated all the delete features were disabled so they're making it real hard.

JacksFordParts

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2021, 06:14:37 AM »
I have everything to do it already, including the tuner, I just wanted some guidance on a few questions I had regarding it.

RustyCrankshaft

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2021, 08:59:04 PM »
What questions do you have? And which kit(s) did you get? They're are several that were available.

JacksFordParts

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2021, 09:59:15 AM »
Got it sorted out and everything works great, thanks for the help.

RustyCrankshaft

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2021, 07:51:23 PM »
All the bolts come out?

BigBlueIron

• View Profile
Jack, I would highly recommend this kit https://www.accuratediesel.com/6-7l-powerstroke-disaster-prevention-kit.html Even for a 100% stock outfit.

The new CP4 pumps used on Powerstroke and Duramax engines are far from reliable. The big issue is when they go it contaminates the entire fuel system and if it isn't cleaned impeccably or replaced it will wipe out a new pump. I was involved with a Duramax with only 65K on the clock looking at a 12k repair over this, 400 bucks is cheap insurance.

TomP

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2021, 08:33:23 PM »
It's been a week and we haven't heard from Jack... anyone know when he gets paroled? ;) I think Diesel Bros from the TV show got a huge fine for that stuff.

RustyCrankshaft

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2021, 06:03:35 PM »
It wasn't just the TV show shops, the EPA was going after individuals this time as well as shops. This time they were even trying to verify people who signed off-road waivers. The Diesel Brothers were fined several million and after the settlement I think it ended up being around 800k.

Katz427

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2021, 06:50:25 PM »
Diesel Brothers were sued by a group of Utah physicians. Utah physicians for a Clean Environment, ( I believe). They were fined about $850k and required by the court to pay the legal fees for the Utah physicians, which was reported to be close to $1 million.  How this is going to end, probably won't be good for Diesel brothers, or any shop doing this kind of work.  I worked with a group of engineers, on DPF filters back around 2011 , and I was never, happy with the results. Caterpillar quit the over the road market, as we know, because they saw lots of problems, they didn't want to deal with. I don't recommend removing them, but they are a pain for many. Best be careful what one does, emissions wise. All that black smoke , just brings attention, the wrong kind.