Author Topic: Jegs  (Read 2688 times)

Stangman

• View Profile
Jegs
« on: May 03, 2021, 03:23:46 PM »
Been trying to call Jegs for 3 days it rings once maybe two times then goes to busy signal. Anybody know anything.

FE4SPDMustang

Re: Jegs
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 03:33:25 PM »
I just called all three numbers they have on your behalf. Two didn't even ring. It rejected the incoming call.

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 03:41:07 PM »
At least its not me. It seems odd.

FE4SPDMustang

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 04:06:32 PM »
Dallas Mustang did something similar. The website stayed up for a month after they closed the doors. They had a fire sale and left many hanging.
I wouldn't place any orders with them for the time being.

thatdarncat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 04:09:36 PM »
At least its not me. It seems odd.

Word on the internet is that Jeg’s was hacked a week or so ago, problems getting through to them ever since.

I know absolutely nothing factual about this, just that I’ve seen this subject discussed a ton on various forums, Facebook, etc., and that seems the common answer. It does seem strange that a company that size can’t get some phone lines opened into their business on an emergency basis in this day and age, but again I don’t have any personal insight into the problem. It also seems strange that if they had closed the doors that that info wouldn’t be out there, and I haven’t seen anyone comment that that is the case.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 05:14:04 PM by thatdarncat »
Kevin Rolph

1967 Cougar Drag Car ( under constuction )
1966 7 litre Galaxie
1966 Country Squire 390
1966 Cyclone GT 390
1968 Torino GT 390
1972 Gran Torino wagon
1978 Lincoln Mk V

FE4SPDMustang

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2021, 04:20:17 PM »
Even hacked there can be a messaged placed by the carrier to explain that. I hope it's something of that nature. I'm not a JEGS fan but we've seen several long-time parts suppliers die in recent years. The Paddock, Dallas Mustang, Laurel Mountain Mustang, Mustangs Unlimited, Ect...
Just guard your money. Best of luck getting what you need.

e philpott

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2021, 04:29:52 PM »
Normal here lately for Jegs and I have no idea how they stay in business  like that , keep calling it'll go through eventually

Katz427

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2021, 05:13:09 PM »
I've been ordering parts. Does take some extra effort. I try to order most online, though I'm not particularly happy with the search "engine".

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2021, 07:25:47 PM »
I called on Tuesday of last week and they picked up in 4 rings, now I was supposed to get a ball hone on Friday and it never came and I have been calling since. I lookat my order and it aays in progress. My main bearings arent in stock and they arent shipping them till May 11th. But shit that was last Tuesday who knows whats going on now

fekbmax

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2021, 09:46:32 AM »
Ordered AN fittings and some fuel line last Wednesday on line.parts showed up yesterday.  I'm sure they had it right on the racks though, basic stuff.
Keith.  KB MAX Racing.

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2021, 10:14:12 AM »
Haven't used Jegs in a bit.  I just ordered a bunch from Summit on Sunday and it'll be on the porch today. Jegs usually does pretty good, I use all their hose and fittings for methanol fuel system stuff.

>Even hacked there can be a messaged placed by the carrier to explain that.
I'd be 100% certain they are running VoIP systems with digital trunks that feed the system.  The carrier won't be doing anything but switching and routing.  This stuff ain't Ma Bell anymore.  If somebody(s) get in here and take out something like our domain controllers or similar, the whole system goes to hell - phones, wifi, data connections and all.  It's not pretty.  The very large hospital across the street got hit early in the year, took them about 10 days to get things more or less back online.  And they have a big staff, backups, cloud, security, isolated networks, etc, etc. 

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2021, 11:03:19 AM »
I try to order most online, though I'm not particularly happy with the search "engine".

Summit search engine sucks also.  I typically google the part, then find a link to Summit and go that way.  If you try to find something on their own site, it comes up "nothing found".   It won't find something with a partial part number, brand name, etc.  Ugh.

>Even hacked there can be a messaged placed by the carrier to explain that.
I'd be 100% certain they are running VoIP systems with digital trunks that feed the system.  The carrier won't be doing anything but switching and routing.  This stuff ain't Ma Bell anymore.  If somebody(s) get in here and take out something like our domain controllers or similar, the whole system goes to hell - phones, wifi, data connections and all.  It's not pretty.  The very large hospital across the street got hit early in the year, took them about 10 days to get things more or less back online.  And they have a big staff, backups, cloud, security, isolated networks, etc, etc. 

Yes, this.  Friend works for local hospital(insurance side).  With all the Covid crap many work from home and the calls route through the hospital then back to "your house".   The system crashed constantly, calls lost, etc.  They finally started bringing people back in house to alleviate the back log of calls that aren't getting answered.
Larry

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2021, 11:46:12 AM »
Summit search engine sucks also.  I typically google the part, then find a link to Summit and go that way.  If you try to find something on their own site, it comes up "nothing found".   It won't find something with a partial part number, brand name, etc.  Ugh.

I do the same, but more and more I find the parts on Amazon cheaper. And more and more you can find them with Prime listings, which means returns are not a hassle (in my experience anyway). But I have yet to have a problem with a part, or had to return something. I purchased all my oil stuff on there (pan, tray, accumulator and all valves etc), along with lots of other stuff. You just have to make sure the part number is the exact same as what you want/need. Summit's search engine is so bad, and the listings info so generic, that I don't find them much of a benefit anymore. Still, there are things that I occasionally order on Summit, just because it's the only place to find it.

I think Summit has gone a bad direction since they've started carrying reproduction parts for EVERYTHING. Biting off more than they can chew, and that always leads to problems in customer service. Once that happens, it's a matter of time before things go downhill, quick.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

RustyCrankshaft

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2021, 06:15:44 PM »
Don't use Jegs much, but I used to use Summit a lot and always had great luck with them. Recently however, they're customer service is pretty terrible and the new online catalog is worse than the old one. Recently had issues with Summit on a TCI trans I ordered and they basically blew me off. So I've gone back to Speedway for a lot of stuff.

Amazon is a option, but I try to support "smaller" business when I can, still, Prime makes things pretty easy. I have had to return a set of Crower lifters, I was off one digit and ordered the wrong ones and they exchanged them with no hassle.

GJCAT427

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2021, 06:27:54 PM »
I as talking to a buddy in Columbus today, he lives 4 miles from Jegs. He sad that they had problems with their phone system at all of their stores. They have had to do major work to the system and its going to take a week or so.