Author Topic: ford racing flywheel  (Read 1567 times)

fryedaddy

• View Profile
ford racing flywheel
« on: March 17, 2021, 05:18:43 PM »
i ordered a ford racing flywheel from ford racing about a week ago.i dont have tracking and a have not heard from them.im putting a 4 speed in my comet,and my neighbor is helping me but he is moving at the end of the month.i was wandering how long it might take to get my flywheel.anyone bought one from FR remember how long it took to get it.
1966 comet caliente 428 4 speed owned since 1983                                                 1973 f250 ranger xlt 360 4 speed papaw bought new

pbf777

• View Profile
Re: ford racing flywheel
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 06:35:49 PM »
     No one is going to be able to provide any really relevant predictions as to when you might get your flywheel, but if you actually ordered it from Ford Performance Inc. (previously Ford Racing, Ford Motorsport, etc. who's parent company is Ford Motor Co.) and they indicated that they had the inventory, then generally you can count on: "it's in the mail".  But you might have paid more than you had to if you bought direct, as for example we sell (as do many) for far less than the List Price.    ;)

But perhaps you ordered from Ford Racing Parts "Direct", who is not F-O-R-D, but rather just wants to look like it, well there's no telling.   ::)

I'm guessing you didn't order a flywheel for an FE?  as the latter doesn't even list the Ford Performance M-6375-N427 wheel on their web-site?    ???   But it is available "In-Stock" with Ford Performance, Inc., as with us anyway.

Scott.

Barry_R

• View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 06:49:59 PM »
Looks like I could get two of the M-6375-N427 flywheels right now.
Cant say the same for a lot of other parts - like Edelbrock heads or intakes...

winr1

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 10:54:48 PM »
fryedaddy... what did ya order ??

Aluminium, steel, weight ??

Just curious

Ricky.

fryedaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2021, 11:00:00 PM »
     No one is going to be able to provide any really relevant predictions as to when you might get your flywheel, but if you actually ordered it from Ford Performance Inc. (previously Ford Racing, Ford Motorsport, etc. who's parent company is Ford Motor Co.) and they indicated that they had the inventory, then generally you can count on: "it's in the mail".  But you might have paid more than you had to if you bought direct, as for example we sell (as do many) for far less than the List Price.    ;)

But perhaps you ordered from Ford Racing Parts "Direct", who is not F-O-R-D, but rather just wants to look like it, well there's no telling.   ::)

I'm guessing you didn't order a flywheel for an FE?  as the latter doesn't even list the Ford Performance M-6375-N427 wheel on their web-site?    ???   But it is available "In-Stock" with Ford Performance, Inc., as with us anyway.

Scott.
its the zero balance steel -n427 from ford performance
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 11:03:19 PM by fryedaddy »
1966 comet caliente 428 4 speed owned since 1983                                                 1973 f250 ranger xlt 360 4 speed papaw bought new

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2021, 08:27:16 AM »
Not to be discouraging, but lead times on various race type parts are all over the place.  I'm on 4th month waiting on a Milodon 351W dragster style oil pan. 

gt350hr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2021, 10:24:37 AM »
  Manufacturing companies are REALLY having issues right now. Some are "essential" and can work at full capacity like where I work. Others have to work "by the rules" which cripples production. My delivery times have increased by 50% simply because we are overwhelmed with orders and "rush" orders pushing standard orders back even further.Good luck with Edelbrock as they in the moving process and all messed up.

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2021, 11:09:08 AM »
My delivery times have increased by 50% simply because we are overwhelmed with orders and "rush" orders pushing standard orders back even further.
I don’t know about your rush customers Rusty but I think a 3 week (in my case) turnaround is pretty damn good.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon

pbf777

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2021, 11:26:08 AM »
     No one is going to be able to provide any really relevant predictions as to when you might get your flywheel, but if you actually ordered it from Ford Performance Inc. (previously Ford Racing, Ford Motorsport, etc. who's parent company is Ford Motor Co.), then generally you can count on: "it's in the mail".

..................... and it is available "In-Stock" with Ford Performance, Inc., as with us.

Scott.

gt350hr

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2021, 01:11:00 PM »
My delivery times have increased by 50% simply because we are overwhelmed with orders and "rush" orders pushing standard orders back even further.
I don’t know about your rush customers Rusty but I think a 3 week (in my case) turnaround is pretty damn good.

I am at 6 weeks right now . I WISH it was three. I have a two hundred order back log in engineering today.
      Randy

fryedaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2021, 01:36:36 PM »
i try to make a liar out of myself.if i say it wont it will and if i say it will it wont. i got it today about one hour after i sent them a e-mail telling them i haven't heard anything.

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2021, 04:09:02 PM »
LOL, just talking about it here freed up the delivery pipe.

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2021, 04:19:03 PM »
LOL, just talking about it here freed up the delivery pipe.
We know the world revolves around us right.  8)
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon